Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Scott Henderson's Strat Wiring Diagram

Thread: Scott Henderson's Strat Wiring Diagram

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Scott Henderson's Strat Wiring Diagram

Tone knob enabled for bridge pickup, but bypassed on position 2 and 4. That way the bridge pickup can have a good roll-off on the tone knob, yet it sounds bright and spanky for the funky and clunky position 2 and 4. Smart huh?

I wired my strat so it has the tone knob enabled for both position 4 and 5 (the bridge pickup by itself). I roll off the tone knob a bit, but for it also affects position 4. This isn't a big deal for me though, since I can always switch to position 2 if I want bright tone, or position 4 if I want a darker, funky tone.

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

What type of superswitch did you go with?

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't change the switch. I did this...

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/blog/st...ickup-tone.php
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I've done the same thing to most of my Strats. I have the 2nd tone going to the bridge pup. It seems to help the sometimes brittleness of the bridge pickup but the tone knob can make the pickups sound a bit more growly like a P90 too.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Didn't change the switch. I did this...

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/blog/st...ickup-tone.php
    Im pretty sure thats not the schematic you posted, thats some kind of mega switch...see how its stacked? And the lugs are joined?
    Ive been looking at getting one of those switches so I can combine the neck and bridge as position #3 for one of my Strats, just to see how desireable that is.
    But I really like what youve done to your Strat and would agree that it is a very useful mod to just about any Strat that doesnt have a tone pot on the bridge pup. Ive seen this refered to as the Jimmy Vaughan mod, as his is one of the few that has this wiring feature.
    BTW I liked your Dolrhine St write up, its more clear than the above schematic.(to me atleast)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Im pretty sure thats not the schematic you posted, thats some kind of mega switch...see how its stacked? And the lugs are joined?
    The schematic he posted is not the way his guitar is wired. You don't need a superswitch to do what he did with his guitar. All he did is move the wire to his tone pot so that it no longer connects to the lug for the middle pup. Instead it connects to the one for the bridge pup. A very easy change.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    The schematic he posted is not the way his guitar is wired. You don't need a superswitch to do what he did with his guitar. All he did is move the wire to his tone pot so that it no longer connects to the lug for the middle pup. Instead it connects to the one for the bridge pup. A very easy change.
    Um yeah that's what I read out of it too. I do the same wiring with a standard switch. Sorry Robert I didn't understand your first post. The way you worded it...it sounds the same way as the wiring Marnold is describing?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I posted the diagram just for information. I did not do any of it for my own wiring, instead I did what Marnold says.