Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
The Cult - Peace (the "missing" album)

Thread: The Cult - Peace (the "missing" album)

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Cult - Peace (the "missing" album)

Here's a real gem for fans of The Cult:

Peace (aka "The Missing Album")

Here is the entire Peace album released in its entirety. Peace was re-recorded and became 1987s Electric after The Cult and legendary producer Rick Rubin crossed paths. Peace was in the vein of its predecessor (Love), but Rick Rubin scrapped the entire album and re-recorded it. Some of the songs on Peace are even better than the official released version found on Electric.

Setlist is as follows:

01 - Love Removal Machine
    02 - Wild Flower
    03 - Peace Dog
    04 - Aphrodisiac Jacket
    05 - Electric Ocean
    06 - Bad Fun
    07 - Conquistador
    08 - Zap City
    09 - Love Trooper
    10 - Outlaw
    11 - Groove Co.

Give it a listen and please share your comments with us!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Tremoloman!
    I get really bad download speeds from uploading.com so this will take a while.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

That's weird... I get 60K-200K when I try downloading. It does take about an hour to post an upload this large, so I have to wait too.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I consistently get about 10K. Almost as slow as (shudder!) dial-up. Painful....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got it down, but I did not get anything over 12kb/s... I havent really listened to it yet, but it sounds very good to me.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

It is a free service, so something is better than nothing.

You can improve download speed if you purchase an account. Since I upload, it allows me faster download speeds. There are other types of file-sharing systems out there, but most only allow 50MB or less so this is the one I use.

If you know of a better one, let me know and I'll use it.

I just recommend kicking the download off when you go to bed or leave for work. You should have the download by the time you get home or wake up.

Now let's see some reviews!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.. Its really better than the electric album! I especially like the version of love removal machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, much more guitar than Electric for sure! I think of it as if 'Love' and 'Sonic Temple' had a kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it would be very close

I really dig the album with the goat (I have it in the car but I think its named "The Cult" only.). Very experimental sound, but you can still hear who´s playing!
    Get it if you dont have it (mine came as a 2-cd version with a great live album as bonus, live at the Marquee club)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I have that one. What songs are on it? I've got 'Dreamtime' which wasn't released in the US that included some bonus tracks. That's a cool CD too. 'Ressurection Joe', 'Spiritwalker', and 'Sea and Sky' are a few of the songs I really love on that disc.

Post Thanks / Like

Its one of my favorite albums, all categories... I really recommend it.

Here is the "goat" album :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Fencoding=UTF8

1. Gone
    2. Coming Down (Drug Tongue)
    3. Real GRRRL
    4. Black Sun
    5. Naturally High
    6. Joy
    7. Star
    8. Sacred Life
    9. Be Free
    10. Universal You
    11. Emperor's New Home
    12. Saints Are Down