Thread: Rush - New In Town - Cleveland, OH (08-26-1979)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rush - New In Town - Cleveland, OH (08-26-1979)

"Rush - New In Town - Cleveland, OH (08-26-1979)"
    Agora Ballroom - Soundboard - 10/10

01 - Donna Halper Interview
    02 - Finding My Way
    03 - Best I Can
    04 - Need Some Love
    05 - In The End
    06 - Fancy Dancer
    07 - In The Mood
    08 - Bad Boy
    09 - Here Again
    10 - Working Man
    11 - Drum Solo
    12 - What You're Doing
    13 - Garden Road

This show was re-broadcasted by cleveland’s 100.7 on Friday, November 10,2000. It represents the complete show recorded on August 26, 1974 from the Agora Ballroom. This is super rare and has absolutely perfect sound quality! Give it a listen and post your comments!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

ooooooooooo! I'm sooooooo excited! I LOVE RUSH! They are my most favorite-est band of all time. Hey, I'm a Canuck. What can I say, eh?

I'll download this tonight when I have more time (95 MB file). Thanks for the post!

T
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

I hate you guys with fast internet connections....

Post Thanks / Like

I'm DL it right now. I think it takes about 2.5hrs does that sound about right?
    I'll give it a listen and get back. thanks, john

Post Thanks / Like

Do I need to download a special program to play this type of file??? can't seem to open it?

Post Thanks / Like

Change the .7z (or whatever it is) to .mp3 and it will play fine.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

You guys ovbiously didn't read my previous posts you silly people!

You will need a program called 7-Zip to open them. The MP3s are stored in the .7z file. Check out my first couple of posts for the URL. The program is freeware.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I renamed it to mp3 and it could be played as a long Mp3.. I thought it was supposed to be that way :P

Anyhow, here is a link to a Mac version of 7-zip
    http://sixtyfive.xmgfree.com/
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

You were able to rename the .7z extension to MP3 and it worked? I did use the "store" compression level, so maybe it just stuck it together as 1 file. Wow... that's really weird!

So how did you like the show?

Post Thanks / Like

This is sweet tremoloman awesome sounding ,early Rush
    thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, it played as a long mp3! I thought you had just been lazy and recorded a LP record from start to finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

t-moman i don't know what to say. That was SWEET! Chills dude. I seriously got chills. I haven't heard Rush sound so ?authentic? Some stuff here that even I have never heard (and I'm a hard-core Rush fan!)

I can hear the transition as Neil Peart's influence over song writing, style and selection takes hold. Neil was definately the catalyst needed to push Geddy and Alex into new musical territory and realize their own potential as musicians and song writers.

Funny that I've never even tried to emulate these guys, my style leans more towards country,country-rock and blues. But I've always held Rush in the highest regard as my favorite band of all time. Thanks again. Keep 'em coming!

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you guys like the show. I'll get some more posted this week.

I'll post a show from the Subdivisions tour that has great sound and is very rare. They do a lot of songs you'll never hear them play nowadays. (i.e Countdown, The Camera Eye, etc.)