Thread: Billy Preston, RIP :(

Post Thanks / Like

Default Billy Preston, RIP :(

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,198353,00.html

He died way too young. Love his work and he will be missed.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, another fantastic musician that has left us.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Sad.
    Thanks for the news though. Soon enough we are going to have to come to terms with the passing of the other Beatles. I'd like to believe there is still hope for mankind.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps we soon will have only one-hit wonders that are created by the record companies. Will there be a future for young aspiring musicians in garages all over the world, or will the new music market continue to demand instant hit machines with beautiful faces?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Perhaps we soon will have only one-hit wonders that are created by the record companies. Will there be a future for young aspiring musicians in garages all over the world, or will the new music market continue to demand instant hit machines with beautiful faces?
    REVOLUTION! Start one. Tell people you know that listen to crap music about about a good artist. Turn them on to the alternative...good music. Support good artists and tell everyone else to as well. Refuse the status quo. Call radio stations and request good stuff. Tell them you will quit listening to their station unless they play better music. "Revolution calling you."

Post Thanks / Like

...number nine....number nine....number nine....number nine....

Ok whats with the ads in between our posts..........!

Post Thanks / Like

What are you thinking about Tone2thebone?

Post Thanks / Like

That's Ok Tone. I see them too. It's not all in your head.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you see in the ads - numbers?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    REVOLUTION! Start one. Tell people you know that listen to crap music about about a good artist. Turn them on to the alternative...good music. Support good artists and tell everyone else to as well. Refuse the status quo. Call radio stations and request good stuff. Tell them you will quit listening to their station unless they play better music. "Revolution calling you."
    Just to add to this a bit, this is the primary why "Have You Heard" became part of this forum. To expose our members to music they otherwise may not have been familiar with, or artists they may not have heard. In our own, albeit very small way, FN is part of this grass-roots effort.

And secondly, I will tell you first-hand that the Spudman walks it like he talks it. Thanks to him, I've been able to discover several bands that I would have otherwise never have given a second thought to - bands like Spock's Beard, Procupine Tree, The Flower Kings, Transatlantic, O.S.I., and The Michael Men Project, as well as artists like Neal Morse, Roine Stolt, Steve Wilson, and Tomas Bodin just to name a few. This music has had a huge affect on me in a very short time, and has most definitely added to my overall enjoyment of the guitar, and music in general.

Billy Preston's work with the Beatles was probably one of the highlights of his career, but his body of work stretches much further than that. If anyone has any studio CD / listening suggestions regarding, I think it'd be most worthy of a post in HYH. After all, his music is what keeps his spirit alive and well, and dwelling within us.

Post Thanks / Like

When viewing the forums at home I see extra ads sitting in between people's posts. When at work I don't. Weird. Banner ads sitting on their own tan background box. Thanks Tim I know I'm crazy but I thought I was seeing things for a moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    When viewing the forums at home I see extra ads sitting in between people's posts. When at work I don't. Weird. Banner ads sitting on their own tan background box. Thanks Tim I know I'm crazy but I thought I was seeing things for a moment.
    I see them too but they are at the bottom of the page. It might be the way you have requested the thread to be displayed. Play with your preferences and see if it changes.