Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
$300 blonde BJ day!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $300 blonde BJ day!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default $300 blonde BJ day!!!

Ever since I scored my Deville Ive been trying to tame it for household use...Id considered an attenuator for weeks before I came to the conclusion that the money for an attenuator might be better spent purchasing a used Blues Jr to accomodate my bedroom sessions instead.
    Once I realized that was what I wanted Ive been actively searching the Craigslist for a good deal on one...for the last 3 months:
    And whats worse, is that while searching Craigslist...you cant un-see a great deal...even if it isnt what youre really searching for...such as a $100 MIJ Strat...or $225 MIM sunburst:
    And when you see a "deal" on Craigslsit you gotta act fast! So Ive been searching 3 times a day for, like I said, months.
    Well yesterday just after lunch I finally saw the sign Id been waiting for
    Fender Blues Junior tube amp - $300
    No picture included, just the description:
    Up for sale is my Fender Blues Junior tube amp ,this is in great shape and sells new for a lot more,great tube sound for blues and also has reverb for those Peter Green,Clapton sounds
    The ad posted at 12:45 and I began blowing his phone up @ 1:15 until he returned my call @ 3pm...we made arrangements to meet at his place bout 6pm, hed recieved several others just as anxious as I, but their calls came after hed agreed to meet with me...yeah!

ON a side note, Id already made special dinner plans with my girlfriend out of town for the evening...but this chic is soooo awesome that she was more than willing to go with me to meet this guy on the way to dinner, 1/2 hour, out of the way to dinner. And just so yall know, this is the same awesome chic that reassured me that I should go back and purchase that Deville...and the MIM burst...and the MIJ! Very supportive...even if the rest of the world thinks Im insaine with my "guitar associated spending"...Im very lucky!:

So we meet with the guy...walk in the door and am greeted by a USA made Blonda Blues Jr with hang tags! Totally expected the standard Hotrod black tolex...his ad made no mention of the blonde with leather strap! Niiiiice!
    He even let me play his 52ri Tele through it...SOLD!!!

BTW, pics are forthcoming!
    And the reason being, this is a 5 year old amp and the blonde tolex is kinda dirty, with a tiny lil hole in the front...part of me is tempted to clean 'er up and make her new looking...and then the other part of me thinks Id be wiping away all the added mojo...so I AM curious to get opinions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    ON a side note, Id already made special dinner plans with my girlfriend out of town for the evening...but this chic is soooo awesome that she was more than willing to go with me to meet this guy on the way to dinner, 1/2 hour, out of the way to dinner. And just so yall know, this is the same awesome chic that reassured me that I should go back and purchase that Deville...and the MIM burst...and the MIJ! Very supportive...even if the rest of the world thinks Im insaine with my "guitar associated spending"...Im very lucky!:

part of me is tempted to clean 'er up and make her new looking...and then the other part of me thinks Id be wiping away all the added mojo...so I AM curious to get opinions.
    the heck with opinions....does your girlfriend have a sister!

ok....as for cleaning her up....if it looks dirty i say clean it....if it looks worn then maybe keep as is for the mojoness (i think i just invented a new word)!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Great score!

Your girlfriend gets, many, many cool points for being understanding. You could clean it up, replace the grill cloth, and lacquer the tweed. That would end up looking way cool.

HOWEVER...

I say keep it the way it is. Spend the time more wisely, by playing!:
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats. :

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Default $300 Blonde Bj

HEY SHORT.........with a title like $300 BLONDE BJ........I though I had stumbled onto a totally "different" site....... .......nice score BTW.....while some of our brethren think that your girlfriend is way COOL......so long as she STAYS your girlfriend, she'll be COOL.........all the while trying to REEL you in......thinkin' that your GAS money might very well become "HONEY BUY ME THIS OR THAT" money....I've seen that happen to too many pals........now if she plays guitar and she still encourages you to sate your GAS attack......then buy all means, MARRY her.....:

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the title of this thread had me chuckling too.

Great score ShortBUS & triple cool beans for the girlfriend. :
    I pick a moon dog.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    ...maybe keep as is for the mojoness (i think i just invented a new word)!

ww
    Sorry, but I'm sure Bush has used it at some point in his 8 years.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython
    HEY SHORT.........with a title like $300 BLONDE BJ........I though I had stumbled onto a totally "different" site.......
    Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Yeah the title of this thread had me chuckling too.
    What can I say, this stuff writes itself...its like one of those crazy attention grabbing newspaper headlines.

the heck with opinions....does your girlfriend have a sister!
    Yeah she does, although shes married...BUT she does live in Orlando, meh.:

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    You could clean it up, replace the grill cloth, and lacquer the tweed. That would end up looking way cool.

I say keep it the way it is. Spend the time more wisely, by playing!:
    I wish it was tweed!:
    OF course I was curious if the blonde had any differences with the hotrod black Jr, so I looked this up...and it kinda explains the difference between blonde and tweed too.
    What is the difference between the standard Fender Blues Junior and the Blonde Fender Blues Junior?
    There is not much of a difference between the standard Blues Junior and the Blonde Blues Junior. In fact, the only difference is that the Blonde Blues Junior has blonde tolex to give it a vintage tweed look. Other than that these two amps are identical. And they both have amazing tube tone.
    So the only difference is tweed is waaaay cooler looking!:
    Im thinking the above is a good reason to keep it dirty(and not clean 'er up)...to give it more of that worn faded tweed look.

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython
    HEY SHORT.........your girlfriend, she'll be......thinkin' that your GAS money might very well become "HONEY BUY ME THIS OR THAT" money....I've seen that happen to too many pals.
    Nah, this ones not like that, surprisingly...but yeah, I know the type, Ive seen it too. She was actually trying to talk me out of the expensive steak dinner wed planned for last night, saying she thought it "cost too much"...but the amp purchase? ...very supportive!:

BTW, had a great night with the amp(and GF), I'll post more tomorrow...and pics too:
    Last edited by ShortBuSX; October 5th, 2008 at 12:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah she does, although shes married...BUT she does live in Orlando, meh.:
    happily?

enjoy that amp....you got a good deal on it! :

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome deal, I can feel the texture of that dirty blond from here... Pics, pics...:
    Last edited by M29; October 5th, 2008 at 12:43 PM. Reason: added (dirty)

Post Thanks / Like

Currently I find the upside down numbers annoying

This is just about the only nick in the tolex, but the rest of it is just as dirty and scuffed

And this is me and mah honey a couple of weeks ago on my birthday

Ive been pretty damn lucky lately!:
    Last edited by ShortBuSX; October 5th, 2008 at 07:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been pretty damn lucky lately!:
    I would agree! Congrats on both counts!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Yes....but would she throw rocks at an alligator?
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

This is a slight down side to my new blonde...with this amph I get no lush reverbs! I think there is something wrong with the pan, now that Ive got a BJ it seems the reverb is the weakest link and this is common, I found this page that discusses repairing the reverb by fixng the wires that go into it...I tried it, after using an ohm meter to find out which wire was the culprit, I thought Id fixed it after testing it with the meter again. I got it all buttoned up but still no lush reverbs on this amph! I think maybe my polarity is wrong, I'll try flipping the wires on a couple of times to see if thats any help.
    When I rake the springs I can hear a lil shimmer through the amph, but thats it.
    The RCAs seem fine, when I touch the black one I hear a strong buzz that indicates that end is working...I measured both with he amp off and the both get readings.
    Aside from buying a new reverb tank...I dont know what else to look at or consider.

Aside from that, even without the reverb working...lovin this amp...I stayed up till 2am last night getting a lil further acquainted.

Post Thanks / Like

a new reverb tank looks like a pretty cheap fix....

ww

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I hope the reverb tank works out, and congrats on all the rest! I personally would lightly clean it up, just cause I would want to add my own dirt later, but that is just me. Glad you made that score!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

a new reverb tank looks like a pretty cheap fix....
    Riiiight?!
    Yeah as a matter of fact I just got off the phone, ordered the above mentioned Ruby tank...and $100 worth of new tubes.:

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I personally would lightly clean it up, just cause I would want to add my own dirt later, but that is just me.
    Yeah, I kinda wanna wipe it down with a muddy rag
    Last edited by ShortBuSX; October 6th, 2008 at 02:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Riiiight?!
    Yeah as a matter of fact I just got off the phone, ordered the above mentioned Ruby tank...and $100 worth of new tubes.:
    well....it would have been cheap....if you didn't get the tubes!! :

ww

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Riiiight?!

Yeah, I kinda wipe it down with a muddy rag
    Maybe your chain lube rag would give a nice effect. Some Dumonde Tech, along with some good trail dirt, gives good results I think.

EDIT: I personally think it is cool that between this application and Spud's re-use of old chain links to build pedal boards, we can in corporate cycling into the guitar world.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast