Thread: Sheptone Pickups

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sheptone Pickups

Has anyone here tried any Sheptone pickups?

They specialize in humbuckers, but they have a couple of P-90 offerings and a Strat type single coil set as well.

But oh my, those humbuckers...

If you haven't heard the sound files, check them out here:

http://www.sheptone.com/

What I like about the demos is that they're Sheptone equipped LP's run straight through Marshall, Mohave, and Orange amps. No effects to color the tone.

I can see a set of the Blue Sky's coming to my door sometime in the future.

Warning: These pickups are not in the GFS price range, they're definitely in the custom wound range. Still, they're not as bad as some out there, and will probably go up as their reputation spreads..

Post Thanks / Like

I have them marked as a fav seller on ebay and myspace buddy.That being said ive still not decided what im going to finish a sg with .(pickup wise)I love bare knuckles and wcr pups but also like some others.I like the sound on them pups you like brother but the fillmore and or darkburst sets from WCR are freaking great too!!

I would like to hear some live!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    I have them marked as a fav seller on ebay and myspace buddy.That being said ive still not decided what im going to finish a sg with .(pickup wise)I love bare knuckles and wcr pups but also like some others.I like the sound on them pups you like brother but the fillmore and or darkburst sets from WCR are freaking great too!!

I would like to hear some live!
    The WCR Filmores are the first set that I ever heard that capture that Duane, Live at the Filmore East tone. I wish I had bought them when I first heard them and they were $175.00 a set.

Is it my imagination, or have the WCR Filmores come down in price recently? It seems to me that they were into the $350.00 a set territory, and now they're shown as $260.00 a set on the WCR site?

The Sheptone Blue Sky set sounds about identical to the WCR's, and at $259.00 a set, they're priced the same as the WCR's. It's hard to hear a differnce between the two sets. I could be happy with either set.

BTW: The guy who did the sound clips for the Blue Sky's posts over at lespaulforum.com. That's how I know that the pickups were played straight through an Orange 50 watt tube amp with nothing else in the signal chain. The guy who played those clips is only 25...very talented....: