Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Westbury Acoustic

Thread: Westbury Acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Westbury Acoustic

Worth anything?

It's probably fromt he 70's or 80's.

I've done several searches but have been unable to get any info on it.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a Craviola. I had a Giannini 12-string back in the mid-70's that looked similar:

Post Thanks / Like

I find it extremely uncomfortable but I LOVE the booming tone it has. However, i'm not attached to it in any way and would rather sell it and get something I like.

Post Thanks / Like

It was made under licence from Giannini who made/makes the original Craviola. The Westbury (defunct Japanese brand) is better built. Japanese vs Brazilian quality: no contest.
    If you happen to have the case for it, it will be easier to sell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spt
    It was made under licence from Giannini who made/makes the original Craviola. The Westbury (defunct Japanese brand) is better built. Japanese vs Brazilian quality: no contest.
    If you happen to have the case for it, it will be easier to sell.
    If I take it to my music shop, how do I know that they're offering me a good price for it?

Post Thanks / Like

You should look it up in the Bluebook... I don't have a copy of it and have never been interested in acquiring this model so I didn't pay much attention to the prices they fetched. A quick search shows Unicord (which owned Westbury and Univox) had a retail (list?) price of $235 on it when it was made ('78-'82).
    I have owned the steel 6-string version by Giannini and have personally "seen and touched" a number of Westbury steel strings (all very well built as most '80s MIJ acoustic guitars from the Matsumoku factory), with some very nice higher-end guitars.
    If it were mine, I'd probably not let it go below $250... YMMV