Thread: It Might Get Loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default It Might Get Loud

I am excited about this http://www.itmightgetloud.com/index.html

I read about it in Rolling Stone at lunch.

Quote from Rolling Stone:

In the middle of the rock documentary It Might Get Loud, Jimmy Page picks up a Les Paul and tears into "Whole Lotta Love" while the Edge and Jack White watch, slack-jawed. "They look just like 13-year-old boys," says director Davis Guggenheim. "They were both like, 'Oh, my God, that's how he did it!' " The movie — which premiered at the Toronto Film Festival on September 5th and will get a theatrical release next year — chronicles the pan-generational trio's lives in music and the relationship that each of them has to the guitar. The high point of the film is a two-day union of the three on an L.A. soundstage, where they swap stories and jam. "It's almost like having three carpenters talk about a radial-arm saw," says White. "It's great to use this mechanical device to learn all about these other ideas that surround it." http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...es_guitar_gods

Three artists originating in three separate eras, and I like each of them. I bet it is going to be fun to watch. The link above has a bunch of stuff you can click on and check out.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I too think that this is gonna be really cool. I'm big on James, Jack and Edgester.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. I know nothing about Jack White, guitar god ? huh ? Maybe I should check him out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When I read the article, you were the first guy I thought about. I knew you were a big Pagey fan and also knew you liked Jack. Glad to know you like the Edgester too. I do want to learn to use delay like he does one of these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    I too think that this is gonna be really cool. I'm big on James, Jack and Edgester.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson