Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The weekend Thread - Page 14
Page 14 of 86 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: The weekend Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    Here's my cottage&son and then boating w/the family in our small boat. This is last spring though; kid is much bigger already.

edit: Aww this is too hard to get photos attached...don't have the energy to edit them again or post to web elsewhere and link 'em...this sucks.
    Just post at http://imageshack.us

Only takes a second.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hm, okay this is rather handy, thanks! Takes minutes though it seems...but still easy.

I'll try that now...so:

Okay, so now this shows the other doesn't and it says I have no images stored on imageshack. Oh well...
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had a long weekend up at Payette Lake in McCall, Idaho for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary celebration. It was family only. They did not want a formal in town party, so my brothers and I all got together up there.

If you want to see a bunch of family photos that include some views of the area while, look here at a bunch of pics I took on my iPhone. Some turned out pretty good for cell phone pics. You can see the view from Brundage ski resort that we mountain biked back to town from, and some of the lake.

http://gallery.me.com/sunvalleylaw#100126

There was a bad boat crash on the lake a few days before we got there where a man ran a ski boat with 12 folks in it up on some rocks at night. Two died. Pretty tragic. http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/s....dbc7a10b.html

We brought our boat and did some boating, but stayed well away from the marked rocks in the waters. We also took over a local restaurant called "Lardos" for a big family dinner. My Dad loved it and wanted a hat from the place, so I got him one. LOL!! Not very classy 50th gift, but he loved it!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I had a long weekend up at Payette Lake in McCall, Idaho for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary celebration. It was family only. They did not want a formal in town party, so my brothers and I all got together up there.

If you want to see a bunch of family photos that include some views of the area while, look here at a bunch of pics I took on my iPhone. Some turned out pretty good for cell phone pics. You can see the view from Brundage ski resort that we mountain biked back to town from, and some of the lake.

http://gallery.me.com/sunvalleylaw#100126
    -snip-
    Hey Sunvalley, that looks so much like here it's uncanny.

I haven't many pics on this available but here's a trip from last Autumn:
    http://picasaweb.google.fi/aepheikki...zEirPrk-Od2gE#

That's very near here. At our cottage it also looks very much similar to your pics; pines, lake, some sand beaches here and there etc.
    Dee

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow Deeaa, that does look a lot like around McCall! Good to know. I am not sure what I thought Finland looked like.

The Sun Valley area is a bit drier, with some fir and lodgepole pine primarily rather than the ponderosa and other fir over near McCall and Payette lake, and more sagebrush.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Wow Deeaa, that does look a lot like around McCall! Good to know. I am not sure what I thought Finland looked like.

The Sun Valley area is a bit drier, with some fir and lodgepole pine primarily rather than the ponderosa and other fir over near McCall and Payette lake, and more sagebrush.
    Why do I feel like the theme to "Bonanza" should be playing in the background?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jus' take it easy Hoss. Here, this will soothe ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTWB_ByQD4w

Hey, wasn't that Spud in the dark shirt and black hat toward the end?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had any breakfast, could Hop Sing rustle me up some egg drop soup?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Just post at http://imageshack.us

Only takes a second.
    Update: this Imageshack thing really does not seem to work at all.
    I created a login, and then upped some pictures, but it promply deleted them. Then I kept gettin a timed out. Now I can login, but whenever I try to use the menus I get an 'error on page' message or it just freezes. On any of my browsers, ie, chrome...
    Dee

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well check these out...these are from our cottage or nearby for the most part...featuring mostly me, my son & pregnant wife as well somewhere there:

http://picasaweb.google.fi/aepheikki...eat=directlink
    Dee

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I say again, Wow! Very similar! Thanks for posting the link so I could check it out.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    Update: this Imageshack thing really does not seem to work at all.
    I created a login, and then upped some pictures, but it promply deleted them. Then I kept gettin a timed out. Now I can login, but whenever I try to use the menus I get an 'error on page' message or it just freezes. On any of my browsers, ie, chrome...
    You don't actually need to create an account and log in and all that stuff. I have an account but rarely use it.

You can just go to the front page and hit upload.

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to suggest Picasa, but you beat me to the punch! I enjoyed the pictures but there were all these strange words with extra umlauts all over the place. It's like you were writing in some entirely different language!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Well, last weekend was busy enough. Friday was crashing at home after a hard week. Saturday, we helped #1 daughter pack some of her stuff for college. Then we had a church youth rally that afternoon. Great turnout with over 150 there. Praised ourselves silly!

Sunday, adult praise band played in am service. Had youth band practice that afternoon and the youth played 2 songs Sunday night. My #1 daughter sang a solo on one and both of the Beth girls, along with Bethany (honorary Beth girl) sang on the other. The only downside was an excessively LONG business meeting.

Tomorrow (Friday), we take #1 to Macon, Georgia to start her first year of college. We'll go up Friday night and will officially move in Saturday. Sunday should be fun...
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    I was going to suggest Picasa, but you beat me to the punch! I enjoyed the pictures but there were all these strange words with extra umlauts all over the place. It's like you were writing in some entirely different language!
    Heheh, what's really funny to me is that Picasa attempts to translate into English whatever I write in Finnish...if you have that option on...and THAT is some funny stuff there!
    Dee

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You don't actually need to create an account and log in and all that stuff. I have an account but rarely use it.

You can just go to the front page and hit upload.
    Yeah...I suppose it's just mainly aimed for US users, maybe even intentionally handicapped for overseas use. Well, Picasa works well too.
    Dee

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Congrats on the college move Ronnie Beth!

Drive safe man.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the college move Ronnie Beth!

Drive safe man.
    Will do Brother! We're here now. We lucked out and moved most of her stuff in Friday night. Today will final "tweaking" and parent/student activities they have scheduled. Good grief, too much stuff in too little a space!

More details later...
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Had a long church band practice Saturday, 90 minutes for 5 songs for service, then a short break and a couple hours for a special welcome back for the college kids in a couple weeks, the latter is originals by my band director, so I guess that makes another band I'm in. It's me on bass, a drummer, and the band director on keys or guitar, and vocals. VERY different than anything I've ever played before, and challenging as a bassist. His songs are much more complex, especially rhythmically and time-signature-wise. He wants to play clubs sometime eventually.

The service Sunday morning went very well, I thought. We did an amped-up version of the ol' campfire/VBS song "They'll Know We Are Christians By Our Love." It ended with an 8-bar electric guitar rock solo on my Rickenbacker. Everybody who said anything to us directly said it was good, including even a member of the handbell choir (!). We'll see if the higher-ups got any complaints from elsewhere though. There are a lot of old cranky people there who are eventually going to have to figure out they need to go to the early service if the notion of a rock guitar, or drums and bass, in church is a problem for them. The new vicar said we surprised him with the ending but also that he liked it. There were a lot of college kids there (UF starts today), so I'm glad we did some rocking songs.

We're crammed into a space that's not really meant for a band, and play through a PA (well, I keep my guitar out of the PA actually) not meant to handle anything but sermons, but we're tweaking weekly and it's really starting to come together. I bought a little Fender Super Champ XD (small combo amp with a 10" speaker) that I use as my stage monitor, and then line that out into my PA head I use with my 1x15" bass cab (this is in front of me and pointed away from me, so I can't really here without a monitor).

As usual, I played one song on mandolin. Still kinda freaks me out that I'm teaching myself mando in front of 200-300 people each week, haha. The mando goes straight to the PA head (different channel than the line out from the Champ) so that I can switch instruments with no unplugging. Also since the mando is acoustic-electric I don't need a monitor like I do with my guitars.

Did some back-to-school shopping after church Sunday, got lunch boxes, a bike lock (Jack is going to ride to his bus stop), and I fixed the chain on Jack's bike, which he had gotten more boogered up than I have ever seen a bike chain. Did some laundry, but am behind on the folding. Put the vanity in the master bath and shimmed it, but haven't secured it to the wall yet. Will be glad when the master bath renovation is done.

Getting closer.

What about y'all?

Page 14 of 86 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast