Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The weekend Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The weekend Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    you will love wekiwa brian....
    Where is that Brian's going? Is that Weeki Wachee you're referring to WW? If it is, it's changed a lot. I haven't been there since I was about 8 or 9 years old, which was many moons ago (try 37 or 38). I really enjoyed the MERMAIDS!

Anyway, we're having our community Harvest Festival. Typical South Georgia festival with the usual activities such as parade, vendor booths, entertainment, etc. I'm helping with the sound system and me and my church youth group will be playing. Should be a great day, low of 58, sunny, high of 79.

The only bad thing is that we've got a rally going on at the courthouse steps about 2 in the afternoon. The KKK has decided they want to have a rally protesting child molesters, illegal aliens and getting prayer back in school. Because of this, the Festival, which was 1/2 a block away has moved across town to just below our football field.

It's definitely a black eye on our community (very small), but 1st Amendment guarantees free speech and peaceful assembly. Our local leaders are urging everyone to just ignore them and NOT go by there and try to stir up trouble, then we'd all be better off. The sad thing is that we've got some REAL intelligent people () around here that are easily "offended" and are irate with the city leaders for not denying them the right to assemble. They're asking that their people protest the Festival and not attend. Like that's going to really hurt the Klan...:

This is the group that will not rest until they go around there and start trouble. I've heard rumor of NAACP and even the Black Panthers coming also, but don't know for certain. Hopefully, every one will stay away from the courthouse and it'll all peacefully blow over.

Ah, sometimes life in a small town, ain't so grand. Pray for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    Where is that Brian's going? Is that Weeki Wachee you're referring to WW?
    nah...wekiwa (or wekiva) springs is a state park near me that has a spring fed swimming area and canoe rental, camping, trails and such....i've never seen a mermaid there but maybe they were hiding!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    it'll be in the 80's this weekend with night-time lows in the low 60's or high 50's, perfect outdoors weather.

I'm really not liking you at the moment Brian.....

It was 80 here Wednesday....tomorrow not getting above 57.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Well, I went camping at Wekiwa Spirngs, but I can't find the cable for the camera I took pics with. :

So I'll wait on making my report until I can get the pix out of the camera and do it up proper.

Howzabout you lot? Ron, what went down with the Klan doofuses?

Post Thanks / Like

I played a gig and all the women (if you can call them that) in the bar took off their bras and hung them over the bar. I'm not sure what that was all about but there were plenty of gratuitous tata shots. Vedy intervestink!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I played a gig and all the women (if you can call them that) in the bar took off their bras and hung them over the bar. I'm not sure what that was all about but there were plenty of gratuitous tata shots. Vedy intervestink!
    Pics?

:

Why do such things never ever happen at my shows?

Post Thanks / Like

Holy floppin fun bags Spudman pics or it didnt' happen Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Howzabout you lot? Ron, what went down with the Klan doofuses?
    Kind of a non-event. There was only about 12-15 showed up (all from out of town). The crowd was about 100, with NAACP and many others. There was PLENTY of law enforcement. According to a friend of mine in law enforcement, it wasn't that bad. They spoke for about 25 minutes or so. Some in the crowd would shout out to them, with occasional profanities and ugly comments, but the crowd pretty well policed itself and would hush the rowdies. After 25 minutes or so, the Klowns packed up and left.

Meanwhile, across town the Harvest Festival enjoyed a beautiful day! The crowd was good, all the vendor slots were full and we had some good entertainment. My kids and I played about 30 minutes and didn't do TOO bad. The guy who ran sound while we were performing didn't know who to boost and who to pull down, so of course that one that couldn't carry a tune in a bucket was the loudest one heard. (Ugh!

I'll try to get a couple of videos uploaded of a couple of our better songs. I wrote 2 of what we played and they were TOO bad (for a bunch of church kids).

Overall, it was a pretty good day. Heard lots of positive comments on the new location. I thought it was better because there was more room and everybody wasn't having squeeze through each other to walk. I was ready to drop when I got home though. I was there at 8:30 rounding up the equipment, delivering it, setting it and getting ready for the 11:30 start of the entertainment. Ran sound the rest of the day until 4:30, then it was 7:30 before I finally got home. Man, was I whooped!

Our prayer now is that may the Klown(s) took the hint that they weren't welcome and won't be back. One can only hope. Thanks for asking Brian. Sorry if my reply is a little long-winded.

Post Thanks / Like

Pics?

:

Why do such things never ever happen at my shows?
    I can't post them here dudes.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I can't post them here dudes.
    Amigo, 2 words: personal message.

Pictures of gig and other breastesses are why PMs were invented.

You could look it up!

Post Thanks / Like

You could look it up!
    i think you're right....i'm pretty sure i read that somewhere! :

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

You could look it up!
    Otay Panky. I'll get some to you soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Otay Panky. I'll get some to you soon.
    None for me this time thanks... Rob's pretty much filled my in box : , and I need a bit of a break
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    None for me this time thanks... Rob's pretty much filled my in box : , and I need a bit of a break
    Is it just me or does the above sound kind of...um, strange?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    Our prayer now is that may the Klown(s) took the hint that they weren't welcome and won't be back. One can only hope. Thanks for asking Brian. Sorry if my reply is a little long-winded.
    No worries, glad to hear they didn't cause any real trouble and the fest thing you did went well.

I'm still stiff and sore from camping, but I'll save that for tonight when I can hopefully get some pics up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default B-day weekend

Here is a pic from my B-day weekend with the guys mountain biking. I am the one in the background on the left with the brown and black jersey. Wonder bread boy was our course finder. This was near the beginning of an absolutely awesome ride.

The night before the boys fed me a few beers and a coupla shots of Patron silver, and although we climbed around 3000 feet in this ride the next day, I rode well and had a great time. I guess Patron burns cleaner than a bunch more micros that I might have otherwise consumed.

Sumitomo, sorry I did not get in touch, but as we had a large group, we were moving in many directions over the weekend, and it was over before I knew it.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

That's a great pic!

I wasted most of an hour yesterday trying to buy a USB cable for one of our cameras locally, then when I tried to buy it online, the website messed up.

It may be this coming weekend before I have pics of LAST weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

you could probably buy a usb card reader cheaper than a dedicated cable for your camera....faster transfers too....

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    you could probably buy a usb card reader cheaper than a dedicated cable for your camera....faster transfers too....

ww
    I have no idea what that is.

Escuela-me, por favor.

(Note: not real Spanish)

Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast