Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The weekend Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The weekend Thread

Post Thanks / Like

hey brian....it is a small device you connect to your computer via usb....you take your memory card out of your camera and insert it in the card reader and then it acts like a mini harddrive on your computer....you can drag and drop files from the card to any location on your computer just like if it were another drive....when your done just pop it back in your camera....they are very inexpensive....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    hey brian....it is a small device you connect to your computer via usb....you take your memory card out of your camera and insert it in the card reader and then it acts like a mini harddrive on your computer....you can drag and drop files from the card to any location on your computer just like if it were another drive....when your done just pop it back in your camera....they are very inexpensive....

ww
    Ah, cool, I was guessing it was something like that, thanks. The USB cables are less than a tenner but impossible to find locally.

Thanks man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Ah, cool, I was guessing it was something like that, thanks. The USB cables are less than a tenner but impossible to find locally.

Thanks man.
    What? No USB's in Swampsville? : Seriously, Warren's right about the card reader. They're fairly cheap and you should be able to find one at Wally World.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    What? No USB's in Swampsville? : Seriously, Warren's right about the card reader. They're fairly cheap and you should be able to find one at Wally World.
    The USBs for Pentax are slightly different than others and others won't fit. Went to a Circuit City and they didn't have any USBs at all. Went to a camera store and they had a bunch but none fit the Pentax w/the possible exception of some unversal doohickey that had like 15 different ends on it and cost $36-- plus the sales b*tch, I mean, sales lady, wouldn't open the thing to check if it fit anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw

Here is a pic from my B-day weekend with the guys mountain biking. I am the one in the background on the left with the brown and black jersey. Wonder bread boy was our course finder. This was near the beginning of an absolutely awesome ride.

The night before the boys fed me a few beers and a coupla shots of Patron silver, and although we climbed around 3000 feet in this ride the next day, I rode well and had a great time. I guess Patron burns cleaner than a bunch more micros that I might have otherwise consumed.

Sumitomo, sorry I did not get in touch, but as we had a large group, we were moving in many directions over the weekend, and it was over before I knew it.
    No problem SVL glad you had a good time,the weather has been great.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

OK, first a quick report for this weekend, then I'll recap the Wekiwa Springs trip, w/pics! (Thanks to Warren for the cardreader suggestion.)

This weekend we did the usual car-park thing for Saturday's UF-UK football game. Got home around 1:30 or so and by then the Wildcats were already toast. Hope the Gators have something left in the tank for Jahjaw next weekend at the Cocktail Party! Sunday we went to church and Jack acolyted again (see pic on first page). It was Reformation Sunday, which is a big deal in Lutheran churches, 95 Theses and all that. Unfortunately that meant that the "blended" service was even less blended than usual--ONE contemporary song, and, as usual no electric guitar or bass.

In the afternoon I fixed the kids bikes and aired up the tires and watched a little NFL.

Last night the HotHeads had practice, as a 3-piece. Looks like I'll probably be playing bass the next show unless we can get our former bassistto sit in. We're probably going to do at least one, maybe 2, Warren Zevon covers. For sure "Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me" at a minimum. That song is fun to sing, Hoyt tends to sing it in his lower register and me in my higher (such as it is) so it sounds pretty cool together.

Wekiwa Recap in next post!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

OK, Wekiwa Springs pics/recap. Stopped at the turnpike's Okahumpka service plaza on the way down for a bathroom break, and they had some sort of "official greeter" guy who let the kids ptich pennies. Here' Jack and his friends Tim and Derrick:

We arrived well after dark Friday night. Pitch black outside. On the way in we saw this sign (this photo taken the next day):

Here's the campsite (taken Sunday morning after the weather turned cool), adults in foreground, Shark patrol (newer Scouts) behind, older Scouts in distance:

Saturday morning, after breakfast, we got in the vehicles and went to a different part of the park and pulled Ceasar weed (a non-native invasive plant) for several hours, that's Jack on the left:

After the weed-pulling we returned to camp for lunch. Then a 4-mile (round trip) hike to the springs. I just put my feet in as I did not want to trudge back soaking wet or bother with changing clothes. Jack and the other scouts did go swimming though, even though it was overcast. I did take a shower in the outdoor shower stalls back at camp before dinner though. That spring water was cold!

After dinner we had some speakers talk about the history of the Wekiva River (springs are spelled "Wekiwa," river is with a "v") and Native Americans, including paleo-Indians and the later Miccosukee and Timucuan tribes. Saw a lot of arrowheads and spear points, some were ancient and others had been made by the speakers. One of the speakers, David White Wolf, is a Native American, and at the end of the presentation he did the traditional men's dance that shows how the wolf taught the Indians to hunt. Here is David in full regalia:

More pics in another post.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Here's some more pics.

This is the Troop's trailer (taken Sunday morning packing out), we packed up the food every night so as not to attract bears:

Here's Jack and his friend Tim:

Here's some wild turkeys I snuck up on while we we pulling Ceasar weed (sorry it's a little blurry):

Here's the back of the Rockmobile packed up for the return trip. That skinny blue bag on the top is the first time I've managed to get my tent back in the bag it came in!

Post Thanks / Like

Mrs. Spud ad I did a little peak climbing close to home on the west end of the range that runs behind the house. We climbed 2 low peaks and even saw a male moose at the top of one. When he saw us he made himself vanish very quickly so I didn't get a picture.

2 happy Spuds - until we got all scratched up by the thickets

The route up in the beginning

This is looking north into the desert. You can see the big reservoir faintly in he distance.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No pics from this weekend. Basically, stay at home, kids' soccer, pumpkin carving/Halloween parties, (Ms. SVL and I dressed up as a Hofbrauhaus man and a St. Pauli girl type, you can use your imagination as to who was dressed as whom), and some guitar playing with the new equipment, and a little outdoors time on the mountain bike and for a short hike up the hill Spud and I rode up last year.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Ms. SVL and I dressed up as a Hofbrauhaus man and a St. Pauli girl type, you can use your imagination as to who was dressed as whom
    i bet you looked hot as the st. pauli girl !

we had a busy weekend....saturday....jessie's soccer game in the morning....conner had basketball tryouts for the city league early afternoon....went out with friends and their kids for a late lunch....general playtime the rest of the day....

sunday my parents and my grandma (she's 91) and a nephew visited to celebrate conner's 12th birthday....he got lots of cash....we went to his favorite restaurant for lunch (beef o'brady's)....came back and when we were going to cut the cake about 5 or 6 neighbor kids showed up : ) for cake....i visited with my folks and all the kids played outside (clear blue sky....mid 70's)....

folks left around 5 and the kids played outside til about 8....came in, washed up and put the kids to bed....
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

No pics from this weekend. Basically, stay at home, kids' soccer, pumpkin carving/Halloween parties, (Ms. SVL and I dressed up as a Hofbrauhaus man and a St. Pauli girl type, you can use your imagination as to who was dressed as whom), and some guitar playing with the new equipment, and a little outdoors time on the mountain bike and for a short hike up the hill Spud and I rode up last year.
    Every year I try to get my girl to dress up like that and every year she said no until this year, sadly we have no event to attend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glacies
    Every year I try to get my girl to dress up like that and every year she said no until this year, sadly we have no event to attend.
    Sounds like you need to make your own event happen, FAST!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Spud, those are great pictures and Mrs. Spud was looking good too. I hope to come west someday and see some of that country in real living color.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by street music
    Spud, those are great pictures and Mrs. Spud was looking good too. I hope to come west someday and see some of that country in real living color.
    Thanks...and yes she does. Come on out any time. The hospitality out here is great. The weather isn't always great though.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful weekend pics Gents. Camping in late October (insert jealous face here), and hiking in the hills... awesome. :
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    Beautiful weekend pics Gents. Camping in late October (insert jealous face here...
    If it helps, we had a record low here last night. Iirc it was around 30F.

But today is beautiful, cool and clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Halloween!

My son Jack was a Clone Trooper from Star Wars, he's the littler guy:

Jack and his friend Ryan went to Boo at the Zoo, a cool local tradition where the community college opens it's teaching zoo (usually open only by appointment), where they decorate the zoo in a bunch of different themes, and the kids walk through and get candy and look at the decorations and the animals:

My daughter Hannah Beth, the artist, went to a party with her high school girlfriends, here's her costume:

She carved us a fantastic pumpkin:

Let's see those pics peeps! I knows you got 'em!

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast