Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The weekend Thread - Page 48
Page 48 of 86 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: The weekend Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Krash.
    -----------------------------------------
    I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again.

Post Thanks / Like

Not quite the weekend yet, but this week I helped a friend who owns a back country touring company set up their yurts. Absolutely beautiful weather and views. It's a couple of thousand vertical feet up to the sites. We did 2 yurts in 2 days and the final one will be done next week. I hope the weather is good then too.

This is looking down at Grand Targhee Ski Area with all the colorful aspens

We start with just a bare platform

...and several hours later we have a nice cozy home

One of the views

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

That's beautiful Spud.

All that vert makes me tired just looking at it though.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Really nice pictures Spud.

I really like that last one with the high plateaus ramping up towards the mountains, flat like tilted tables, only to drop off into steep ravines down to unseen river beds.

That is some really beautiful rugged looking country.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Spud, are those ATV tracks that I see in the Wilderness area?

You definitely have some beautiful country around there. I've got to get over there for some biking although the elevations would probably slow me down a lot!

Those high peaks look a bit similar to our Stuart Range in the North Cascades.

I really love the aspens in the fall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser
    Spud, are those ATV tracks that I see in the Wilderness area?

You definitely have some beautiful country around there. I've got to get over there for some biking although the elevations would probably slow me down a lot!

Those high peaks look a bit similar to our Stuart Range in the North Cascades.

I really love the aspens in the fall.
    Those are ATV tracks. Good eye. The forest service came up and did some maintenance in the area and then blocked the trail off down below.

Ya, the Tetons and the Cascades are both awesome places.

I'm so glad for the long fall. Normally the aspens would have all dropped by now but everything is hanging on just a little longer. Makes for some really beautiful sights.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a great Crash Pad gig Thursday night, the start of my weekend for a change, though I had to go to work Friday on about 4 hours sleep.

Nothing Friday, was recovering from lack of sleep.

Saturday: had praise band practice and Gator Football Parking at church. Left at halftime and went home and watched the heartbreaking conclusion of the game.

Sunday: played four songs at late service, then a few songs for an Oktoberfest immediately following. Played a few current covers, and played bass on the Hokey Pokey. Had a ton of good food.

Grilled a steak for dinner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Friday, picked my girl up from ice skating, ordered some pizza, and ate and watched AFV with the kids.

Saturday, Girl Scouts/Brownies with my daughter. They were the color guard at the local jazz fest, at a special event honoring veterans. Rode my road bike home on a beautiful day, then recorded my Blues in A collab. Sat. night, dinner at home and watched Cinderalla Man with my wife.

Sunday, a little yard work, played around with smoothing out the ideas I had recorded as part of my collab jam, then a wonderful mountain bike ride from home with my wife and a bunch of our friends, ending at "The Wicked Spud", a local tav for some food and bev. Found a very good Pike Place Autumn offering on tap there, the Pike Place Tandem double ale. http://www.pikebrewing.com/beers_PikeTandem.shtml
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Saturday: 17 year old daughter ran cross country provincial championships - drove 2 hours to get there to take photos and cheer her on. She did great.

Sunday: I ran an 8km cross country race - both helped organize it and ran the race too. 28:20 was a good time for me on this hilly course. A minute faster than last year.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Friday: Took the day off of work to fly down to NC for my wife's friend's wedding. Bought some beer and flip-flops before the rehearsal, then went to the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner, then back to the hotel for beer.

Saturday: We met up with my father-in-law for breakfast, got changed, then went to the wedding. Stayed there until about 6, then met FIL again for dinner and went to an Oktoberfest thing at a local German place. Liter beers! Mmm...

Sunday: Returned the rental car, flew back, and spent the rest of the day just doing stuff around the house and cooking dinner.

Of note: our rental car was a Nissan Cube, which sort of seemed to be going for the same market segment as the Honda Fit and the Scion xB. Though it's far too new to be in the running for an eventual replacement car, it was a neat little car -- surprisingly comfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Only Krashpad and SVL plays guitar on the weekends, huh?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I wonder if some of our more regularly-gigging cover-band types know about this thread? Maybe they just don't feel comfortable sharing.

Funny thing is, unless I have a band practice, during the week I play very very little to no guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

Older Kid Kat ran a 5K this weekend, her first. Finished in 38 minutes and change. Not bad for a formerly sedentary 13 year old! We're super proud.

Kat won the OOOOPS award this weekend. Mrs. Kat went to a bachelorette party with my sister, and was supposed to stay the night at a hotel. She skipped the hotel and came on home... and the ringer on my cell phone was turned off. I didn't hear any of her 21 calls as she was trying to get into the house (there's a double deadbolt system on the door). Finally, 2 hrs later, I hear her frantic knocking on our bedroom window and let her in.

I felt REALLY bad about that one. Gotta earn some "Atta Boys" to cover up the "Awwww, crap!"
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Well, when traveling...yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Older Kid Kat ran a 5K this weekend, her first. Finished in 38 minutes and change. Not bad for a formerly sedentary 13 year old! We're super proud.

Kat won the OOOOPS award this weekend. Mrs. Kat went to a bachelorette party with my sister, and was supposed to stay the night at a hotel. She skipped the hotel and came on home... and the ringer on my cell phone was turned off. I didn't hear any of her 21 calls as she was trying to get into the house (there's a double deadbolt system on the door). Finally, 2 hrs later, I hear her frantic knocking on our bedroom window and let her in.

I felt REALLY bad about that one. Gotta earn some "Atta Boys" to cover up the "Awwww, crap!"
    Flowers: seldom helps as much as you'd like, but never hurts.

Just sayin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Kudos, kudos!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Well, when traveling...yes.
    You need yourself one of those iRigs.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, no... LOL. Last weekend, we had our annual "Harvest Festival" on Saturday. I usually provide the sound system for the entertainment and run it which I did again this year. Plus I provided a sound system for the car show that was around the corner and part of this too.

My adult praise band played and sang, without our keyboard player, so I was the bulk of the sound (drummer and bass player played too). Also got to jam on some songs with our "5th Quarter Band" late in the day. Didn't realize till it was too late that they wanted to play with them earlier in the day as well...

Anyway, had to pack that stuff up and set part of the church back up for Sunday morning, which we played, then had an associational rally at a church 15 miles away Sunday evening, so I had to haul a sound system down there, set up & play and take it back Sunday night. Just a "normal" weekend I guess.... LO

Anyway, tonight my youth band is playing at a youth rally and tomorrow will be the usual...
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

My wife went to Virginia today for week's conference. After that she's heading to New Orleans to run a half-marathon. And I'm stuck at home with the kids!
    My goal next is to finish my new blues guitar licks product and make it available for purchase. Taking forever to get done - so much work.

Page 48 of 86 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast