Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The weekend Thread - Page 49
Page 49 of 86 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: The weekend Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Dang, Ronnie Beth I'm surprised you survived that weekend!

I didn't do anything Friday.

Saturday: praise band practice in the choir loft at 10, then moved everything (of mine, anyhow; separate keys, drums and PA are always set up there) over to the fellowship hall at 11 to run through the setlist for the Concert for Mission India this Friday. We're doing about 20 songs, roughly 2 hours. Although almost all of these are ones we've done in church, we've really only had a couple practices over in the fellowship hall on the actual setlist. It'll be a bit edgy but I know we'll have fun, we sure did in practice. It's so nice to play LOUD and with REAL drums.

Just hope someone shows up! After finishing, the Super Champ XD and guitars had to be taken back over to the church and up to choir loft for Sunday. Ugh, I need a roadie.

Hung out at home doing laundry and looking for scary movies and football the rest of the day. Mrs. K went out with her friends as did La Krashpadita, so it was me and the boy for the evening. Made up a master for laminates for the Concert.

Sunday: played the late service without incident. Showed the praise team the master for the laminates we'll all wear (just for fun) at the Concert for Mission India, they're pretty stoked. Here's a b/w pic (actual design is 2-color, black and blue on white):

After church I took my li'l Super Champ XD, and the 7-guitar stand, back over to the Fellowship Hall (again). I'm using the SC XD for it's presets and foot pedal channel switching, then lined out into a bigger 50W Sovtek head with 2x12, which will be in the backline:

None of the backline or drums will be mic'd. Vox and maybe bass and keys in the PA.

Before I left church, the Music Director asked me whether I'd play in Boarshead (annual elaborate medieval-based Christmas program) on 12-string. I said sure. I need to remind him I also play mandolin, which has a nice medieval sound.

At home I printed out the laminates on card stock, cut to size and laminated them. They do look pretty cool. Did more laundry and watched more telly, then in the evening tried to help El Krashpadito with some stupid math extra credit project making a 3-dimensional thingy out of tubes and toothpicks. We got about 3/4 of the way through but the directions became impossible to follow after that. It's supposed to sorta look like a geodesic globe or soccer ball when it's done, and I can tell you that will never happen. Told the boy to take the pieces to school and ask his idiot teacher what he was supposed to do next. Must've wasted 2 freaking hours on that stupid shit.

Ah, fatherhood.
    Last edited by Brian Krashpad; October 25th, 2010 at 02:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Dang, Ronnie Beth I'm surprised you survived that weekend!
    Just trying to keep up with you my friend...

This Friday is our last regular season home game against our rival county just North of us. Always a big game. Afterwards, we have our "5th Quarter Youth Rally" and my church youth band is playing, plus, I'll be playing some with our "5th Quarter Band".

Saturday, I'm running sound at a wedding at our church, then Sunday morning will be the usual Adult Praise band. Sunday night, we're having a "Fall Festival" (instead of "Halloween Party". We ARE Baptists after all... LOL). It's 5th Sunday night, so the other churches will be participating in helping with the Festival instead of our usual community sing. My youth band will be playing outside for that, plus some of the other churches will be singing too.

Oh, and good luck with the toothpick project Brian!!!
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Dang Ron, that's a lot of stuff!

I have a practice/setup tomorrow for the Mission India concert, the Mission India thing Friday night, and a gig with the hippie band Saturday night. And then church Sunday, if I can make it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Dang Ron, that's a lot of stuff!

I have a practice/setup tomorrow for the Mission India concert, the Mission India thing Friday night, and a gig with the hippie band Saturday night. And then church Sunday, if I can make it.
    Our weekends stay busy... LOL I almost figured you be headed to Jacksonville this weekend for the "World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party". A lot of my Dawg fan friends went down there this weekend. My recliner and the TV works good for me. At least I don't have to stand in line at the john.
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    Our weekends stay busy... LOL I almost figured you be headed to Jacksonville this weekend for the "World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party". A lot of my Dawg fan friends went down there this weekend. My recliner and the TV works good for me. At least I don't have to stand in line at the john.
    Well at least it's not at the old Gator Bowl. I haven't been to anything in the "new" Jags stadium.

Watched most of the game at Casa Krashpad, then had to head out for a show. Listened to it on the radio in transit. Got to see the overtime at the venue.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guitar project weekend!

Besides swapping pickups in my Agile, which I already posted about, I also:

- Changed the tone cap in my new White Bridge Tele to a Mallory 150 .047uf (and discovered it has no ground going to the bridge).

- Changed the tone cap in my Schecter Black Hawk to a Sprague Orange Drop .027uf.

- Changed the strings on my Schecter.

- Changed the bridge and strings on my Agile, and did the string wrap-around on the tailpiece.

- Sold my SX SJM to a nice guy from up Portland way for the full asking price I had on CL.

- Started organizing my guitar parts chest with labels I made on my NEW DYMO LABEL MAKER! (Happy NLMD to me!)

I think that's everything. I finally feel a sense of acomplishment for my weekend projects. Oh, and I also played some guitar, and renewed my relationship with my oldest guitar, the Schecter (a.k.a. Warbride). It was a great guitar weekend!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I bought an EMG 85 to replace the 81 on my Yamaha for 30€, which is good. Now I'll sell the 81...or maybe keep it for the next project.

There was a Squire Showmaster body w/hardware on sale for 30€...hmm...might make a decent base for another build....
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Shhhhh...... Don't tell anybody, but I actually DON'T have ANYTHING going this weekend! The first weekend in an while we can kick back and take it easy. Plus College Girl is on the way home, so we can spend some time with her for a change. It's a nice for a change to have a quiet weekend!
    Ronnie

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Sean (especially) and Dee have been concentrating on the gear! Ronnie Beth, looks like you finally got a well-deserved rest. Reading your last couple weekends tired me out.

I had another hectic one. Details of Friday-Saturday (Boo Fest) here in my "Rocktober" thread:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...072#post191072

On return Sunday (I skipped church), me and Mrs. K went to the downtown arts festival for a couple hours. Back home at Casa Krashpad we had a fire pit out in the backyard and I and the boy had some hotdogs, while we tried to train our dog to be outside without a leash, which she enjoyed, but did not quite understand the concept of being outside like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Hectic last week.

Worked Monday, 7a to 7p
    School Tuesday, 8:30a to 5 - ish pm
    Worked Wednesday, 7a to 7p
    School Thursday, 8:30 - 5ish
    Worked Friday, 7a-7p
    Off Saturday
    Worked Sunday, 7a-7p

Busy is good! On Saturday, the family all went out for a rare treat - we saw Megamind at the theater. Good movie that the family can all enjoy, but you have to be a Will Ferrell fan, or you won't like it.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Friday: Went to a community bonfire/hayride thing (kind of lame), then out to eat.

Saturday: Went out for breakfast, went to practice at our bassist's house, came home and made dinner.

Sunday: Church service on acoustic while the leader played electric poorly (my request). Not much the rest of the day.

It was a good, boring weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Friday I had the jam session with Heywood, which has already been detailed. That was fun, and I hope to do it again soon.

Saturday was spent partly at Costco, where I really didn't want to go, but had to in order to keep the house stocked with TP and coffee (they go hand in hand somewhat, don't they?). When I got home, I busied myself taking some of the covers off of the pickups I just bought in order to do some magnet swapping experiments, as well as replacing the Alnico 5 magnets in my GFS VEH pickups with A2 and A4 magnets.

I worked Sunday, as I always do.

I was not nearly as busy as Brian or Katastrophe.

Eric, why did you request for him to play poorly? That was an odd request.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    Eric, why did you request for him to play poorly? That was an odd request.
    I was half-waiting for someone to ask that. It was just poor grammar on my part. I asked to play acoustic, as my rhythm has been going downhill without much acoustic action.

That left the leader guy to play on electric, but he's very much an acoustic, open-chord, straight-pattern rhythm player. He played the electric like an acoustic with a really ratty distortion-and-tremolo tone. It was ugly.

I'm not his biggest fan at the moment, so I might be exaggerating, but not by much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I'll Play,
    Friday night after work, I had a relative in Chicago from out of town for a Shaklee seminar, for which I acted as chauffeur.

Saturday, dog park, I worked a few hours, then cleaned up leaves in the yard, before heading to Old Town to work at a show.

Saw these guys open

For This guy

Both were Fantastic

Sunday, dog park, brunch out with the same out of town guests, spent a couple hours trying to troubleshoot bad power windows on my daughters old Grand Marquis, attended a wake of my coworkers Mom, (48, cardiac arrest after and appendectomy, kid is only 21)

Then rushed home, grabbed my rig, and did a gig with my 70's cover ensemble.

All in all a loaded, emotionally charged, musically rich weekend.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had tonsils removed today...so been gulping down painkillers like candy. Not really painful at least yet, despite they claimed it would be. Maybe later it will. But really drowsy and tired...and it's not like it's painless, just less painful I expected. The last time they were properly inflamed the were literally so sore I could only crack my lips open a few millimeters and even that made me literally cry with pain. Also couldn't even twitch my neck without a huge bolt of pain. This is nothing compared, I can even eat ice-cream, so good riddance! It only took a few hours this morning, I went there, they knocked me out on the slab before I even realized they were giving me some anaestethic, and woke up later just like that, went home. Superb work.
    Dee

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Get well.

Deeaa,

Glad you made it thru the surgery okay.

From what you've been thru the pain you now have is probably small. Make sure you don't run out of the pain medication over the weekend. I did that before and you can't find any one to prescribe more medication until Monday - bummer.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah actually I guess I went overboard with them meds and screwed up my good recovery some. I was worried how much I need to take 'em so I also woke up at night to take some more - well I didn't really wake up as I could not sleep at all due to swallowing difficulty & overall feeling too weird.

Anyway, one of the meds is some proper opiate and real strong...I took too much, and the morning hours and till ten today I was puking and feeling really really sick, you know, cold sweat running and now hot, now cold, and boy it hurt to hurl too..amazing the wounds didn't start bleeding bad. Only a little blood. But now I've just slept all day and eaten some popsicles and such, also tried sucking on some salt and that helped...still, feels like the most satanistic hangover ever :-) I wonder if it doesn't feel exactly like that if you're going cold turkey from some hard drug.

Well it's pretty much over I guess 'coz now I can laugh about it. But taking less painkillers now!
    Dee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    ...Well it's pretty much over I guess 'coz now I can laugh about it. But taking less painkillers now!
    Damn, man! You have to follow the directions on those things. You could end up killing yourself just like Anna Nicole Smith.

Glad to hear you had the procedure done. Glad it went well... now get some rest and take the medication AS DIRECTED. Hope you up and well and back to 'normal' as soon as possible!
    Steve
    P R O J E C T - 4 3
    http://www.project-43.com/
    Support Indie Music!
    http://itunes.com/project-43

Page 49 of 86 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast