Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The weekend Thread - Page 70
Page 70 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,312 to 1,330 of 1620

Thread: The weekend Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Got to spend Sunday afternoon with the whole family... It was great! Took Older Kid Kat back to her other house today, as she had a school holiday.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My weekend made me feel old! Physically, at least.
    Took an 1 hour 10 minute ride Saturday that left me tired and achy Sunday and today. This return to fitness is gonna' be a looowng road!

Took the kids (my son and the grandson and granddaughter) on a bike ride Sunday along the paths in the former golf course, but had to abandon due to mosquitoes. Our whole area is suddenly infested after the rain a few weeks ago.

Mrs Tig is still on her long road to recovery. She thought she could just tough it out and be in good shape by now, but major surgery is a funny thing. Took her to a stat vein ultrasound today to make sure she doesn't have a clot in the leg with the new knee. Poor woman is tough, but this is messing with even her.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Mrs Tig is still on her long road to recovery. She thought she could just tough it out and be in good shape by now, but major surgery is a funny thing. Took her to a stat vein ultrasound today to make sure she doesn't have a clot in the leg with the new knee. Poor woman is tough, but this is messing with even her.
    No joke. I've only had a couple of minor surgeries, and even those put me out of commission for longer than I care to admit. I hope the rehab goes well for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    No joke. I've only had a couple of minor surgeries, and even those put me out of commission for longer than I care to admit. I hope the rehab goes well for her.
    +1! Get well soon to her.

I'm not sure whether my neck surgery would be classified as minor or major, but it looks like the nerve damage it did will probably be permanent. In addition to simply not having any feeling along my left jawline and neck (makes shaving quite the adventure, although the radiation killed a lot of the hair follicles there anyhow), my neck/shoulders pretty much feel stiff and sore 24/7. But again, beats a dirt nap.

Post Thanks / Like

Slow weekend. Daughter came up from ORL but went out both nights and was up cleaning her room (the reason she came home, my inlaws are coming in a couple weeks) all day Saturday, so I hardly saw her. Saturday I watched the Gators lose a FOURTH STRAIGHT game, by only 3 points. Grr.

Sunday I skipped church since we weren't playing, but took Jack (14) in for Boar's Head practice at noon. Here's a story on what Boar's Head is:

http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...cles/912091001

Here's a pic from an advert for last year's show:

That's my daughter Hannah as Mary. My son's probably in there somewhere too, as a shepherd. This year, as last he has a dual role, 1 in each cast. He's a shepherd in the Biblical cast and a boar's head bearer in the Medieval cast. Last couple years I did some minstrelsy before the show, here's me with my bandmate Joel (that's Hannah sitting in):

I appear to have dodged that bullet this year though, hopefully.

Should be a crazy week. Way behind at work, have a show with Joel's band Pedagogy in a local club on TH night, then I'm taking Jack out to Boo Fest for Crash Pad's show there on FRI. We'll camp out overnight, then back into town for a wrestling team garage sale Saturday morning, then Gator football parking briefly at noon, then I (and maybe Jack) will go back out to Boo for a second night of bands and camping out.

And you?

Post Thanks / Like

Friday I went to go pick up a new guitar from my wife's office, but it ended up being the wrong guitar. Working on fixing that now. Slow night overall with dinner at home and a beer or two.

Saturday I went for a walk in the rain/snow/sleet for fun while my wife was out doing a training run. Came back and mostly lounged around all day and cleaned up the house, also doing a little googling and/or work on the boiler, trying to figure out why it keeps dripping through the relief valve. Hopefully we've resolved that by now. Went to see Moneyball that night and stopped at a bar for a little while afterward.

Sunday went to church, took a nap while watching some football, and then went to see the Eagles beat the Cowboys, thanks to my cousin-in-law having an extra free ticket. That was pretty sweet. Got in at about 12:30 that night and had to get up at 5:00 the next morning. Oof.
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Cool that you got to go the game Eric, especially the way the game turned out for the Eagles.

Saturday night we went to our friends' annual Halloween party. I dressed as Walter/Heisenberg from the tv show Breaking Bad. What I learned from this costume was that not as many people I know watch that show as I had thought. The ones that did thought it was a good costume, particularly the blue rock candy "meth."

I enjoyed the irony of our costumes. My wife's costume was a math joke though math was her worst subject in school. My costume is a high school chemistry teacher, the only subject I ever failed in high school.

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pumpkin Pi. LOL! I love it!

Bike riding, playing guitar in Open G and learning Brown Sugar (thanks R_of_G for the prompting), carved pumpkins while watching Charlie Brown and Fat Albert. It was a beautiful fall weekend!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    Bike riding, playing guitar in Open G and learning Brown Sugar (thanks R_of_G for the prompting)
    I have my strat pretty much in that tuning all the time now. It's pretty much my go to rhythm tuning. Everything sounds like Richards.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have my strat tuned that way right now too, though that may switch to my tele once it comes home from the office. The fender into the fender with a bit of overdrive for bite was really enjoyable! Very Richards/Stones sound.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    I have my strat tuned that way right now too, though that may switch to my tele once it comes home from the office. The fender into the fender with a bit of overdrive for bite was really enjoyable! Very Richards/Stones sound.
    Yeah, if I had a Tele, I'd use that for the Stones stuff I play.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I have my strat pretty much in that tuning all the time now. It's pretty much my go to rhythm tuning. Everything sounds like Richards.
    My Strat was tuned to open G, but I recently tuned it to DADGAD, which opens up all kinds of fun.

Other than getting the house ready for Halloween and a few chores, I was a lazy dog this weekend. Chronic pain is an energy draining be-atch.

I enjoyed watching the Eagles finally live up to their potential.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Yeah, if I had a Tele, I'd use that for the Stones stuff I play.
    Kinda glad I tried it first with my strat though. Sounds great! I love that guitar. It is just so comfortable. I am glad I didn't use the tele first and get immediately stuck into thinking I had to use the tele to play some Stones.

P.S. I am glad I did not waste time watching the Seahawks this sunday. The Great Pumpkin and Fat Albert were much more enjoyable.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Basically I just packed and moved stuff all weekend long. We're supposed to be closing in a couple of weeks, so we need to clear out. There's surprisingly little to pack, as we already did a ton of preparatory packing beforehand, but it always takes longer than you think. Hopefully we'll be done by Wednesday or Thursday.

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday in the studio, separate thread here:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...284#post217284

Sunday: skipped church because I was in studio so long yesterday, needed to cleanup Casa Krashpad as inlaws are coming this coming weekend. So took the leaf blower to the family room (literally), did lots of laundry, dishes, and finally painted the wallboard panel above the built-in microwave.

Good times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    Saturday in the studio, separate thread here:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...284#post217284

needed to cleanup Casa Krashpad as inlaws are coming this coming weekend. So took the leaf blower to the family room (literally),

Good times.
    'sounds like my hero, Bill Murray, in Caddy Shack.

Today we had a benefit jam for a friend who's a single mom of several kids. She's had no heat since her home was flooded out this fall and trashed her furnace beyond repair. It was a good time, some good music, and we were able to do a little to help out a friend. She was the one that was supposed to be on the receiving end of things, but all of us who made donations were rewarded with the joy that comes from giving ~ That's a real win / win

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky View Post

Today we had a benefit jam for a friend who's a single mom of several kids. She's had no heat since her home was flooded out this fall and trashed her furnace beyond repair. It was a good time, some good music, and we were able to do a little to help out a friend. She was the one that was supposed to be on the receiving end of things, but all of us who made donations were rewarded with the joy that comes from giving ~ That's a real win / win
    Sounds like we have a real hero among us. Nice stuff you and the other jammers did.

As for Caddy Shack, we must have watched it ten's of time back when cable TV was new. I still get a kick outa' it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky View Post

That's awesome!

Had a decent weekend... Handled mah bidness at work, and Mrs. Kat and I had a little alone time today. Baby Kat was taken to see Disney on Ice by her aunt and grandmother, and apparently sat still for about two hours during the show, moving only to clap along with the music! So, what, you ask, did Mrs. Kat and I do with our alone time? Well, I got a little extra sleep to recover from the night shift, and she and I played some Call of Duty MW3, which I got a few days ago for a fraction of the cost (turned in some old games and cashed in our "reward points" from buying our cheapy used games).

Got in a solid hour of guitar playing this weekend, too. It seemed that my ear really wanted to hear high gain, Zakk Wylde type tonez coming out of the Mustang. That's weird, because I've been playing squeaky clean for a while now. Good times!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Page 70 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast