Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The weekend Thread - Page 11
Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: The weekend Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    Sounds like a typical busy weekend at my house. Good luck on the home games gigs, Big B! We tried to do a "5th Quarter" type thing on Friday nights at our church a couple of years ago, but it was too hard to do with not enough help. Sounds like yours will be fun though!
    Thanks, hopefully it will work out. My main concern is noise ordinance compliance; although hopefully on game days people near Florida Field who want peace and quiet will either leave town or turn on the A/C and lock up tight inside.

Back in law school I used to live 4 blocks directly north of the Swamp; we sold parking in our yard and watched the games on TV with the front door open, so we could hear the crowd noise from the stadium.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Friday: took afternoon off work since I suspected I had bronichitis. Soonest I could get in to docs was the evening. Yep bronchitis.

Saturday: skipped church band practice due to bronchitis, but did mow the front lawn. Kids and Mrs. K went to see fireworks but I stayed home. When they got back we did our own fireworks.

Sunday: played guitar in church and, for the first time, mandolin (see my "Ich bin ein Mandoliner" thread)

Today: had day off for a late Fourth holiday. Mowed back yard, layed around all day. Rock band practice with side band cancelled by singer since drummer unavailable.

And you?

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, I mowed grass, and worked in my Blackberry patch on FRiday, Saturday morning played a round of golf and SAturday evening went to listen to some local music at a cruise in but got rain at 5pm till dark on Sunday, so Sunday was TV and guitar day for me and the wife. Not a horrible weekend but could have been better.
    Hope you are feeling better.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad

And you?
    Starting Friday:

Cut grass - played guitar

Saturday: Worked on one of the cars and played guitar - watched some fireworks.

Sunday: Maore work on the car and played guitar.

Today: start of vacation - Took one of the dogs to the vet for annual check up. He never leaves the house and we figured the car ride would be challenging - just the opposite. Now, whenever he goes outside he runs over to the car door. Played guitar and putts around in the yard.

the rest of the week - vacation. Not going anywhere, just kicking back and mildewing.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Other than going to the 4th parade and helping out with the Cub Pancake Breakfast the boys always serve at the Grange on the 4th, and a bike ride yesterday, I painted all weekend (interior house painting, rolling primer, then ceiling white, and a got to some of the wall paint. The project continued tonight after work. We should be done this week, and my wife, who painted all day, will likely knock out most of the rest tomorrow, and I can help sweep up later this week.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Other than going to the 4th parade and helping out with the Cub Pancake Breakfast the boys always serve at the Grange on the 4th, and a bike ride yesterday, I painted all weekend (interior house painting, rolling primer, then ceiling white, and a got to some of the wall paint. The project continued tonight after work. We should be done this week, and my wife, who painted all day, will likely knock out most of the rest tomorrow, and I can help sweep up later this week.
    What exactly is a Grange again? I've heard of them in the Midwest, but I don't think they have them down heah.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    What exactly is a Grange again? I've heard of them in the Midwest, but I don't think they have them down heah.
    I had to go check to make sure I had it right. But I did. Out in the rural/agricultural portions of the west, the term fits this Webster's subdefinition here:

An association of farmers, designed to further their interests, and particularly to bring producers and consumers, farmers and manufacturers, into direct commercial relations, without intervention of middlemen or traders. The first grange was organized in 1867.

The local Wood River grange is the charter org. for the boy's Cub Scout pack. The Boy Scout troop Derek is joining is chartered by the Wood River Pres. Church.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Friday - finally got a day off was going to lay around and relax. A friend called and his server at his store was hit with a nasty virus, so I spent all day cleaning that up.

Saturday - Had lunch at in-laws, went swimming with family and older 'Beth's "friend" (happens to be a boy), went to eat supper at new place (got crappy service), went to see fireworks (were disappointing compared to past years - tough economy).l

Sunday - Newly formed Adult Praise Band played Sunday morning, had practice and played again Sunday Night. (We're running songs as prelim on Sunday night and play for real on following Sunday mornings). Rode over to Dothan to check on wife's grandmother in hospital.

Monday - back to work. SOS...
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Saturday: Itchetucknee with the combined Youth Groups of my current and former churches, here's a stock shot:

Sunday, played guitar and bass at church (see my "I pulled a Nielsen!" thread for deets), picked up a new bathroom vanity from Lowe's. That evening I ran outside into the rain to put my van windows up and caught a chill, like they describe in old novels. Very weird. I started shivering and running a slight fever and felt like my bronchitis from the week before was coming back. Yet today I feel fine.

What about y'all?

Post Thanks / Like

Another day eating in Paradise for me.

See the Sleeping Indian?

I cooked the ribs.

The Trout Unlimited fundraiser. $9,000 boat and trailer - bids were $3,000 - only 2 bids and the guy that actually wanted it won. THe other guy was going to flip it.

Next weekend - meeting Willie Nelson

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Spud, that looks great. I bet it wasn't terribly hot like it was here, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud and Brian, looks and sounds like you both had good weekends! I went swimming with girls Friday after work. I spent Saturday riding with College Bound Caraboo to Macon and back to give her some long-range and interstate driving experience and to show how to get to Mercer. Got home in time to stop by a friend's 40th B'day party. Then went home where my wife cooked me a steak supper for my birthday.

Sunday, went to church, played a song with Adult Praise Band, had a birthday lunch w/cake at in-laws. Installed a computerized cash register for a friend's restaurant, had Youth Praise Band practice. Then we had church service "at the creek" at a member's house, where we baptized 4 youth. We had hamburgers and hotdogs to celebrate that and to say goodbye to one of our families who'll be sorely missed. Afterwards, went over to my brother's house for a late evening swim.

Monday, back to the grind! Overall, a pretty good weekend!
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

I changed the strings on my acoustic this weekend. I suppose it may have had something to do with friends telling me strings aren't supposed to be black. Big improvement, though. Perhaps I won't wait two years next time around...:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    I changed the strings on my acoustic this weekend. I suppose it may have had something to do with friends telling me strings aren't supposed to be black. Big improvement, though. Perhaps I won't wait two years next time around...:
    Reminds me of a friend who religiously changed his strings once a year, whether they needed it or not!
    Ronnie

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

OK, Monday morning quarterbacks, tell me of your adventures!

Saturday: Morning: went to church band practice in the morning. Our singer for this week was one of the elders, nice lady who nevertheless felt compelled to pass along that some of the old f*rts thought the music was too loud, particularly during communion. (I say this as an old f*rt myself: we're not too loud. Srsly.) The complaints are no doubt all coming from the people who normally go to the "traditional" music service during the rest of the year and are unused to (and flat don't like) the whoping 3 or 4 contemporary songs per service we do during the summer "combined" service (since we're a college town, we only have one service during summer). Sigh. Only one more combined service to play though, and then anyone who doesn't like modern music can go to the other service again. I'll be glad of that. I hate walking on eggshells. Other than that, though practice went well.

Afternoon: demo (as in demolish) master bedroom's bathroom: took out vanity and sink, and toilet.

Sunday: Morning: played in church. I played my cheapo Peavey Strat, with my Schecter Tempest in reserve. For 4 songs, anyhow. Leads on two of those. We did a fifth song (normally we only do 4 max, but we did the first and last communion song, with us scurrying off the stage, back to the pews, and through the communion line in between, where usually we only do one communion song, typically the first), and I played mando on that. This is the third week in a row I've played a song on mandolin (those being the first 3 times I've ever played mandolin in public); so far no real disasters, but it's a challenge to think in terms of different chord shapes sometimes.

My daughter had a migraine, so la Familia Krashpad skipped church.

Afternoon: In all the demo mess, after church I mislaid my keys. Mrs. K got really ticked off and we had a huge argument, after tearing up the house, cars, etc. for several hours without finding them. They're still MIA.

Evening: I borrowed the spare key to my car and went to the office for practice with both my bands. The side roots rock band practice went fine, I played bass and we played as a trio. Unfortunately both bands' joint drummer had told me his girlfriend was going home that evening and she changed her plans and made him dinner. He had to leave before the Crash Pad kids could arrive. But we really needed a practice as both bands are playing this Friday night, so we had a drummerless practice. As the kids were finishing off their coffin nails in the parking lot before leaving, I brought out a guitar and showed them a new (actually written a long time ago, but out of the setlist for years before they ever joined) song of mine I want to add. They actually insisted on going back inside and rehearsing it a few times. They're good kids, those two. I dunno if we'll be brave enough to try to play it this Friday though.

We're planning on another practice Thursday night, so hopefully I won't blow my "voice" out the night before the show.

You?

Post Thanks / Like

My weekend was a little on the decadent side with some hard work thrown in as well.
    First we had a little party at the digs in the pictures. Buffalo tenderloin that melts in your mouth and fresh trout were on the menu. The house is right on the Snake River.

The groom was rowed across the pond while standing. Our party tent is in the background.

Nice place eh?

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering who used my house while I was out of town.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Spud that is one nice looking condo! I really would like some of those ribs.:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by street music
    Spud that is one nice looking condo!
    Condo? Good one SM. You almost had me with 'condo'. Can you see the suit of armor through the window?

Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast