Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The weekend Thread - Page 36
Page 36 of 86 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: The weekend Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Memorial Day Weekend plans?

Looks like Kat and Steve both had great weekends last week.

For those in the States, we have a 3-day weekend coming up. Anyone have any plans for the traditional "start of summer?"

Tonight I'll be here:

Doing this:

My wife is going to dinner w/her gal pals Friday night, so after work I'll be home chillaxin' with Los Krashpaditos.

Saturday, we'll be here:

Sunday morning as usual, guitar with the band, daughter on bass:

Except I won't be wearing a suit. That was an inside joke amongst the band, we decided to wear suits for the pics on our church's webpage, even though we never actually wear suits to play.

Sunday afternoon through Monday evening are pretty open. My parents are visiting in a week, plus it's the end of the month, so there'll probably be a lot of house cleanup, and I'm sure I'll take work home from the office to finish up and get in on my May "billables."

Post Thanks / Like

Report from the unofficial early start to long weekend:

The Pedagogy set itself went fairly well last night. We hadn't played out in a couple months, and played on only a couple practices, plus we did 2 new songs (an original, plus a cover of Guns'N'Roses' "Patience," of all things). For the first time ever, I did the whole set fingerstyle, except for the last song, which really calls for a pick. So I was happy about that, from a bassist point of view, as I've always used a pick and want to be able to play fingerstyle better. As usual there, the sound was excellent, and loud

However, absolutely NO ONE was there though. I mean nobody. Our drummer's dad and the other band, that's it. Backstage Lounge, where we played, has no "built-in crowd" like a lot of no-cover places my other active side band, Cinnamon Hill, plays. What makes it worse is that the venue is divided into 2 rooms, and the bar/poolroom area is no cover. So the few rummies that hang out there can come and sit at the bar in the next room and hear the bands and shoot pool, but not go into the "music" side of the venue. Plus, since it's physically separated from the downtown area by 10 blocks or so, there is no "foot traffic" like there is at some of the places that C. Hill plays.

We didn't make any money, but got a DVD out of it. Joel (Pedagogy keyboards/singer) got a 3-cam DVD ($20) but I haven't seen it yet. Will probably get a chance to see it before the weekend is up, since I will see him on Sunday and he says he'll make me a copy. They are pretty cool looking, and have great sound.

C. Hill is playing the same place next week, but on a WEDNESDAY.

Yikes.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the peopleless gig KP. I know those aren't that much fun. Still good that you got it down on video though.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Sorry to hear about the peopleless gig KP. I know those aren't that much fun. Still good that you got it down on video though.
    Plus, we got a band tab of a tenner, so that paid for a pitcher of Yuengling for Joel and I to split, with enough left over for a single for me after Joel left.

Our drummer, whom we tend to call "Nickel" (his last name, since he is also a Brian) also gave us a good band bonding moment with the beer. Nickel isn't 21 yet, and when we bought the pitcher, the bartendress takes a look at him, after putting out 3 glasses, and says "Can I see some I.D.?"

Nickel goes "Uhh... ... ... no."

And we all busted out laughing.

He's gonna take a lot of crap about that over time.

Post Thanks / Like

Friday afternoon, we went to the lake with our Sunday School class. Had a couple of boats and jet skis and a lot of hanging and chatting.

Saturday, I spent most of the day at the hospital with a sick friend. Went by the church to get the computer presentation package ready, then went to an engagement party for my nephew and his fiance.

Sunday's going to be busy. Adult band warm up at 9:30. The regular sound guy is out of town, so I have to finish getting everything ready, so I'll miss Sunday School. I'm also playing guitar for a couple of the guys to sing "Amazing Grace" to the tune of "Ghost Riders in the Sky". We're starting VBS this week and it has a western theme. Someone made the suggestion we do that, so......

Also, the choir is doing a patriotic song and I'm sing the solo on it. Sunday night is our community "5th Sunday Night Sing" at another church. I'll be doing that same solo then. Afterward, they're having an ice cream social!

Monday - no real plans. Just going to hang around and take it easy....
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Sounds good Ronnie Beth!

Today we unnecessarily scrapped our beach plans. Weather said 60% chance of rain, but didn't come in til about 4:30. I went to the skatepark with my son for a couple hours in the late morning/early afternoon:

Came home and mowed the front lawn and edged, with a modicum of help from El Krashpadito.

Btw, here's the pic from last weekend with my bloody arm:

Post Thanks / Like

Thankfully, the weekend isn't over yet, but I do have an update nonetheless.

Yesterday I volunteered at the Devon Horse Show in the 'burbs around here, which apparently is a pretty big horse show on the east coast -- I wouldn't know. Anyway, I was helping out some of my wife's relatives and we were all working the ice-cream stand.

I was about 5 feet back from the counter scooping ice cream, and about an hour into it, some older guy comes up to the counter and orders a Diet Pepsi, and it's Bruce Springsteen! Apparently he was there because his daughter was riding in one of the competitions.

(Good thing he doesn't know that I don't like his music...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Thankfully, the weekend isn't over yet, but I do have an update nonetheless.

Yesterday I volunteered at the Devon Horse Show in the 'burbs around here, which apparently is a pretty big horse show on the east coast -- I wouldn't know. Anyway, I was helping out some of my wife's relatives and we were all working the ice-cream stand.

I was about 5 feet back from the counter scooping ice cream, and about an hour into it, some older guy comes up to the counter and orders a Diet Pepsi, and it's Bruce Springsteen! Apparently he was there because his daughter was riding in one of the competitions.

(Good thing he doesn't know that I don't like his music...)
    Good thing you kept mum!

Might've crushed his spiriit.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished Calgary half marathon. Placed 1st in the masters category. It's cold and rainy. I'm standing in a wet field right now waiting for the awards...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Just finished Calgary half marathon. Placed 1st in the masters category. It's cold and rainy. I'm standing in a wet field right now waiting for the awards...
    Congrats!

Cold and wet, yikes. Get inside next to a fire and get a hot toddy or something.

It won't be cold and wet here for 5 or 6 months.

Post Thanks / Like

This morning went pretty good, except for our sound guy NOT being there. Had to use a couple of stand-ins and as always, I wind up running up to the sound booth at least ONCE when I'm playing and/or singing.

The praise band sounded good, and the "Amazing Grace/Ghost Riders in the Sky" was a big hit. My solo went pretty good too.

Tonight, we have the Community Wide Memorial Day Service and I'll get to sing again. HOPEFULLY, some of our choir will show up! LOL... They sing backup to me on this song....

Hope you all have a restful day tomorrow. Please take a moment to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and all those currently serving or who have served.
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Congrats!

Cold and wet, yikes. Get inside next to a fire and get a hot toddy or something.

It won't be cold and wet here for 5 or 6 months.
    Cold? What's that??? I just wish it would be WET! Getting nice and dry here!
    Ronnie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad

Dude! That's awesome, if not painful!

I'm diggin' the old school skateboard with the Pearl Beer sticker.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Dude! That's awesome, if not painful!

I'm diggin' the old school skateboard with the Pearl Beer sticker.
    Thanks, it honestly wasn't painful. That's a trail of blood rather than a long cut. It all came from one tiny scratch.

Post Thanks / Like

No three day weekend for me. :-(

Friday: work.

Saturday: Work, mowed the lawn, packed up the car, hit camp, drank copious amounts of Silver Bullet.

Today: Up fairly early, had a good camp breakfast (bacon and eggs and toast on a griddle), a 4-hour trip down the river with only a smallmouth bass to show for it, raced home, set up my new KICK *** PV115s, solid 3 hours practice that was our best yet, and I've just finished a brownie and a smoke, and am gonna hit the shower, then bed, then up at 4am to go to work.

Needless to say, it's been non-stop.

We're gonna try to get some audio next week.. will post snippets if they come out halfway decent.
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like

[/QUOTE]

I was going to comment on you old school skateboard also(I used to skateboard every where)I can't get used to the wide trucks,I like the type on your board.Looks like fun! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

friday: had lunch at a killer barbeque joint....

friday night: chilled until i had to go pick up a friend at the airport at 11:30pm....

saturday: chilled and did a little house work....

saturday night: karen and i went to see a friend play at a pizza joint in a newly renovated area of a town near us (right on a big lake)....the gig got rained out but the weather cleared up soon after it was cancelled....since we were already down there we walked around and checked out the marina....i want this cool retro boat....

i played around with a new app for my iphone called hipstamatic....it turns your iphone into a 1950's instamatic camera with interchangeable lenses and film....it is a lot of fun....here are a couple pics using it....

i still want this boat!

sunday: chilled and watched some sports....went to the store to buy the goods to make homemade mac n cheese for a neighborhood barbeque....started playing cornhole (a game where you throw beanbags at a inclined platform with a hole in it)....sounds boring but we had a blast....

sunday night: cooked out and played cornhole until about 1 in the morning (we moved it to the front sidewalk of our condos and turned on all our porch lights so we could see)....hung out with the neighbors until around 3:30am....

monday: chilled and did a little client work....

monday night: had dinner at karen's house....ribs, chicken, baked beans, fresh cantalope and jello salad with fresh pineapple, key lime pie for dessert....was home by 10:30pm and hit the sack soon after....
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    friday: had lunch at a killer barbeque joint....
    Oh man, is that Memphis barbeque? All of the sudden I'm extraordinarily hungry.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Drove 6+ hours from central MA to Bar Harbor, ME. with the family. Beautiful views, good food, and great beer. Thought about driving up to Houlton to visit MaineStratMan, looked at the map, remembered how BIG Maine is, and decided to order another beer instead. Maybe another time...
    Michael

Guitars: '82 Fender Strat, '75 Les Paul Std, Takamine Acoustic, Yamaha Classical

Amp: Egnater Tweaker

Effects: Digitech RP500

Page 36 of 86 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast