Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The weekend Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The weekend Thread

Post Thanks / Like

the kids are with their mom this weekend so i don't have any halloween pics....my daughter's soccer team did win their first game of the season this morning....all the girls really played great!!
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    the kids are with their mom this weekend so i don't have any halloween pics....my daughter's soccer team did win their first game of the season this morning....all the girls really played great!!
    Outstanding! Did you go out or atay home handing out candy?

I watched 4 movies on AMC channel, all based on H.P. Lovecraft stories: The Haunted Palace, Die Monster Die, the Shuttered Room, and the Dunwich Horror.

I'm steering clear of anyone called Whitley, Wheatly, or Wately.

But Carol Lindley=Babelicious.

And my daughter carved us this outstanding pumpkin:

Last edited by Brian Krashpad; November 1st, 2008 at 05:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The girls went "treating" and I stayed home to pass out candy which was a lot of fun after a few beers.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Outstanding! Did you go out or atay home handing out candy?I watched 4 movies on AMC channel, all based on H.P. Lovecraft stories: The Haunted Palace, Die Monster Die, the Shuttered Room, and the Dunwich Horror.
    i stayed home and a couple of neighbors came over....we drank....handed out candy....and listened to music until about midnight....
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

We had our last home game of the season last night. Since that was going on and my girls are too old, we skipped the trick or treats this year. Didn't even hand out any candy.

I did watch the last half of Georgia getting their butts whipped and FSU losing to Tech today. My 17 year old is gone to the Homecoming Dance and me and Mrs. Bigoldron and Little Bigoldron are sitting here watching "Back to the Future" on the Encore channel.

That, plus I'm sitting here posting to the Fret...

BTW, me and the youth kids are supposed to play in the Morning Service for a change. Wish us luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    I did watch the last half of Georgia getting their butts whipped and FSU losing to Tech today.
    i was thinking about you while i was watching my gators....and again when i saw the criminoles got beat.... : :

Post Thanks / Like

i was thinking about you while i was watching my gators....and again when i saw the criminoles got beat.... : :
    The Gators beat the ever lovin' SNOT out of the Dawgs. Worst butt whuppin' I've seen them get in a while. I was torn on the FSU game. I actually went to Tech for 2 whole quarters before I flunked out (WAY TOO MUCH PARTYING). So, I kinda wanted them to win too. Guess I got my wish.

I was screaming at the Criminoles to pull it out, yet I was secretly hoping that Tech would stop'em. Too much conflict in my life I guess...

Oh well, congrats to you Gator fans. I only wish you one more loss. (Take a guess which one THAT will be...) :

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well, congrats to you Gator fans. I only wish you one more loss. (Take a guess which one THAT will be...) :
    i guess everyone has their dreams! :

Post Thanks / Like

i guess everyone has their dreams! :
    Just hopin' it ain't a Molly Hatchet song - "Dreams I'll Never See"...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

The Gators beat the ever lovin' SNOT out of the Dawgs. Worst butt whuppin' I've seen them get in a while.
    After that bush-league 'penalty' Richt ordered last year, all I can say is... shit rolls downhill.

I loved it when Meyer called two successive time outs at the end of the game to prolong the Dawgs' agony.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, this weekend I was able to do two things that I've wanted to do for a while now.

First I was able to squeeze one last canoe camping trip in before the snow falls here in Ontario. That's right Brian!... I wanted to get in a camping plug one last time before you plug your Florida trips all winter long! : I'm not jealous... I'm envious!

I headed north of Kingston Ontario for one final outing. The weather looked like it was going to be great for the most part, so I made my move. I took Thursday and Friday off work and headed out. Left home about 7:30, made it to the park about 10:00 ish to register, was on the water by about 11:00 and on my way! This was my second solo excursion, so I was pretty pumped. My daughter is my main canoe partner, but first year High School had her pretty busy and my little guy is a bit too small to take out this late in the season.

I was able to do a bit of hiking, and a bit of fishing. I caught a small Small Mouth bass, and my first ever Lake Trout.. The trout was cool to catch, but since catching this fish close to the surface knowing they prefer cold water had me a bit cautious. If Lake Trout are this close to the surface... it's probably to cold to be in. There was absolutely no body around this weeked... it was 100% vacant.

Here's a pic of the view from my site...

Secondly I was able to meet up quickly with a fellow fretter :
    Last edited by Algonquin; November 10th, 2008 at 06:43 AM.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a nice weekend David! That quiet is just so full of awesome sounds.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    That quiet is just so full of awesome sounds.
    Thanks SVL... it was a great time to unwind! You're right about the quiet too. The coyotes didn't though, and they liked to rip it up a bit each night... pretty cool to hear.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

very cool david....and i love the picture of yor "view"! :

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Okeefenokee!

Great pic of the lake above!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

My son Jack and I and his Boy Scout troop went to the Okeefenokee National Wildlife Refuge in Georgia this weekend. We camped a couple miles away from the actual Refuge property, which is half the size of the state of Rhode Island. The nights were cold, somewhere below 45 F (we were in tents), but over all we had a great trip.

We arrived Firday night and set up camp in the dark. Got the kids up with reveille Saturday morning (good to have a retired USAF bugler as one of the dads) and went out to the Refuge. After a presentation by one of the rangers and a movie about the park, we hit the canoes. We rowed out into the swamp and had lunch on a camping platform a few miles away (no dry land to be saeen in any direction) and then canoe'd back. Some of it was very tight with not much more a few inches on either side of the canoe to get through. Although this was Jack's first time in a canoe (and my second!) he did great. Jack saw an alligator off in the brush a ways off the canoe trail, but I couldn't see him, they are really hard to see in the water. Later we passed by an alligator sunning himself, about 10 or 12 feet from us, on the side of the canoe trail, as we passed in the canoe. I didn't try to take a picture of that one!

All the Scouts and adults made it back safe and sound, eventually, and no one capsized all day.

Sunday after a chapel service at aour camp we packed up and then went back to the Refuge and went out to the Chesser House, which is an old swamper's cabin built in the 1920's and lived in until 1958. No electricity or running water, and with a kerosene-powered refridgerator. We also went out on a boardwalk built over the swamp and saw another gator, he's the one in the photo below.

We didn't get back to Gainesville until about 4 pm on Sunday. I'm sore and a little sunburned, but it was a memorable trip. Pix below!

Jack & BK

Bugler

Jack in canoe

Lunch

Ranger

Lost?

Post Thanks / Like

Heron

Canoe trail

BK w/sign

Walking Trail

Smokehouse

Gator

Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Shorts?...

'Uncle' I give in :
    Gearlist:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Brian, other than the vegetation being a bit different, those pics remind me so much of my own scouting experiences growing up. My boys are just getting to the point that in the next year or two we will start some scout campouts and such. Was the bugler blowing taps or reveille when the pic was shot?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh! Shorts and t shirts. I am so jealous. It's great that you can go participate in the Scout events.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast