Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: The weekend Thread

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Wow, purdy! What're you up to now, 4 Les Pauls or something?
    Nah, just three. I have control over my disease.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    Nah, just three. I have control over my disease.
    I thought you pre-ordered that Gibson tribute one or something. I'm not complaining -- if you find something that works, get it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Started weekend early..!

Wednesday night, drove to Cape Cod where we have a pad.

Thursday: Cleaned up backyard real well (before poison ivy sets in!), fed the fish in the pond, checked some electrical wiring in the basement. Spent quite a bit of time cleaning up at the sink, as Sweetie was baking...

Friday: Early morning, outing to a local estate sale, got me some batik fabric to make sarongs (if you never wore a sarong in hot weather, you don't know what you are missing!). Good walk with Pooch by the fish pier.
    Evening, drove to Provincetown, where our community radio was having their 29th birthday! Local music, meeting DJ's and fellow listeners. A mixture of old and new hippies, alternate lifestyle folks, potluck dinner (Sweetie made snickerdoodles). One of the musical acts was guitar player (and blues DJ) Steve Morgan and his band, Kingfish: hollowbody + vintage amp, no pedals... instant blues tones! The bay water looked magical under the moonlight.

Saturday: Finally got to work on my eBay P90s install in my low-end Yamaha Strat. Hmm.. very poor soldering skillz! More Spring cleaning around the place.
    More live music in the evening with the "Clothesline Project" benefit (women in abusive situations), at the regional high school, the one that has that fantastic after-school music program. Of course the school band, the Nauset Ensemble, was performing, along with other local musicians. Good stuff!

Sunday: Yard sale at 10 a.m, got me a weedwacker, a printer, and a Craftsman sawzall, and a nice chat about bandsaws with the old-timer selling his wares! A little rest, a little guitar noodling, straightening my workshop, and another long woods/shore walk. Steak for dinner!
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A huge bliz of snow...a hundred car mashup on the freeway...normal end of winter:-) still several feet of snow everywhere but give it one more month and most of it will be gone...yeehaa!
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Wife and kids are out of town this weekend. Got a chance to do some guitfiddle playing last night! Gonna go get some sleep so I can function at work at a level higher than "zombie." Nighty night, Fretters!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm going to be working all weekend long -- first time I've done that...maybe ever? Strange.

Before that though, there's a birthday party tonight for my sister-in-law. Guaranteed excitement.
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't recommend working weekends!
    I'm working my 56th weekend in a row. Major suxxors.

The good news is I'm finally 1 spot away from going to weekday day shift...

Post Thanks / Like

Before that though, there's a birthday party tonight for my sister-in-law. Guaranteed excitement.
    I am looking forward to same tomorrow!
    BIL has a guitar in his office, downstairs. I may be able to sneak out there, while they play silly board games and talk about that CBS reality show...

Right now, setting some time aside to seriously work on improving chord changes...
    Less golf, more saxophone

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Dee, I'm a teacher as well, but retired now.

You really told it like it is and it is the same way here. You have a great way of connecting with people. I could completely understand what you went thru and I also wish Krash and especially his wife the best during this definitely very difficult time. I know the feeling. It is almost like your bubble was popped and there you are suddenly naked and powerless in the face of a system that seems like it took its lessons from some crime family. I'm sure she finds some solace in knowing she "has" a job, as shocking as it has been.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday: Install SD pickups in Epi DOT, play test for a couple of hours. Start working on new piano composition. Go bowling with family and friends.

Sunday: Blues You Can Use book chapter 4. Play guitar. Work on piano composition. Netflix...naps...lots of naps
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ordered a Sony HD handycam but didn't get it for the weekend yet...so next week, sigh.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Tig 56 weekends in a row? Mojo sent!

Well I sure had an interesting weekend.

Friday Went into the office in the morning but got nothing done. Took afternoon off and rested since I had a show that night. Show went pretty well but the first half of the set we had real problems with our onstage sound, I really buggered up one song because I misread my cheat and did not hear our singer/keys as an audible cue of my mistake. Fortunately it was on an original and not one of the covers. That was the only real messup, my daughter played her first bass gig and did great! Also the lights played havok with my Tele, had really LOUD 60 cycle hum whenever it was on the bridge pickup, and my backup was a Grestch that also had 2 single coils, so it was no help. Lesson learned: I'll always bring at least 1 double humbucker guitar as a backup to any show at a venue I haven't played before.

Saturday Slept in since we'd stayed out late the night before. My throat kinda ballooned up again, called the doc and he said to just watch it unless I started to get a fever or it felt really hot or I got other symptoms. Went in for a praise band practice in the afternoon, came home and watched my Gators lose in overtime to Butler in the Elite Eight, then watched the USA-Argentina football match, what a classic! Argentina had the run of play the whole first half and finally scored just before the half. USA put on 2 VERY young subs at the start of the second half who totally energized the side, got the equalizer, and then held off Argentina for the rest of the match with a number of good chances to even have taken the lead.

Had a BAD evening Saturday though, could never get comfortable, or sleep longer than 5 or 10 minutes at a time. Skin was crawling and I was feeling manic like I needed to get out and run around the block or something. Came very close to going into the emergency room but just toughed it out because I'm not sure they could've done much. I'm pretty sure it was withdrawal from the painkillers. I had stopped taking the oxycodone on Wed of last week, and let my fentanyl pain patch run out on Friday night, and did not replace it Saturday. Right now I'm not on any prescription painkillers (and in fact my lower back is killing me, haha!).

Sunday Had a bad wave of depression on Sunday, because I'm just sick and tired of being sick and I really need to put on weight but am not hungry. Also, my daughter took off with a friend for a couple days (it's their Break) and I'm beginning to feel the first flutters of Empty Nest (even though my son still has all of high school to go through). My life has so centered on them for so long it'll be weird for her not to be around every day. Skipped church and a BBQ to rest up after the horrific night Saturday. Still having some other symptoms but at least got some sleep last night. Taking Monday off to rest up, hope to be back in the office tomorrow and get back to "normal" someday soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Didn't spot this until now... Dang, Brian, you sure are having a rough recovery. As much as I've gone through medically, nothing compares to this throat business you are "enjoying"! In time, you'll look back at all of this and the memories of the pain and misery will fade.

// I've been taking care of Mrs. Tig, who is also "sick and tired of being sick". They opened up her elbow last Thursday to remove a cyst and patch up some damaged tendons. She can handle pain like few I've met, but the side effects of general anesthesia and most heavy pain med's kick her arse. Not having the use of her right arm is driving her nuts, as does the not sleeping well. She has oxycontin but uses as little as possible, sometimes a few days between doses. Maybe getting the arm out of a cast will help her feel better. She already wants to return to work, but lifting patient charts (about 100 per day) is out of the question.

Anyway, my job of taking care of her is getting easier now, and I hope your wife is getting a break now and then too. Being needed is priceless. Having someone there for you when you need them is also priceless.

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes, BK. Sounds like you had some rough things going on this weekend. I hope the withdrawl from painkillers and getting back up to speed goes well for you. I know that at the end of last year, I had noticeable withdrawl symptoms from fairly light oxycodone use. It was really weird, because I honestly didn't even feel like I was on anything before I stopped taking them.

I refuse to say I'm "sending mojo", but I am praying for you.

--

Nothing interesting here. Was at work for about 6 hours each on Saturday and Sunday. Otherwise, didn't do a whole lot. Picked up a new amp yesterday (Jet City 20W) after work and farted around with it for a little while once I got it home. Looking forward to pushing it a little bit tonight at practice.

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes, BK. Sounds like you had some rough things going on this weekend. I hope the withdrawal from painkillers and getting back up to speed goes well for you. I know that at the end of last year, I had noticeable withdrawal symptoms from fairly light oxycodone use. It was really weird, because I honestly didn't even feel like I was on anything before I stopped taking them.

I refuse to say I'm "sending mojo", but I am praying for you.
    Prayers are best, my friend, I'll sure take 'em.

Congrats on the Jet City!

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, Brian! Prayers sent from me as well, brother.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
    Geez, Brian! Prayers sent from me as well, brother.
    + 100

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, deepest wishes for your feeling better soon.

Tig, your wife, also. And I echo your sentiments about having someone/being needed.

My weekend started at noon. Took a half day while the house was quiet to work on the metronome for hours. Plan to work several more this weekend.

Also have to start shopping for vaca. We go back to Aruba in six weeks.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Brian and Tig, I'm praying for you guys and your spouses. It definitely wears the caretakers down. Hopefully, you Brian and Tig's wife will begin to recover soon. My wife went to Macon yesterday to take College Girl some stuff. She's leaving around lunch time to head home. My niece has a birthday party late this afternoon and tomorrow will be church, with praise band practice at 9:30, then church at 11. Lunch is at Mama's where we (my brothers and I) will be frying up some fish. Youth band practice at 4, church at 6 and then maybe we can get home at rest up before we start another week. Our adult band doesn't have a regular drummer right now, so the band member that can REALLY play but is out of commission with us till June came by and recorded some drum tracks for us to play and sing along to. Should be interesting! LOL
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast