Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The weekend Thread - Page 35
Page 35 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: The weekend Thread

Post Thanks / Like

D'oh! Robert and I must've been posting at the same time.

Great minds think alike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Spud, were you taking that photo while moving at 49 mph? hope not...
    ...and at night too. I'm all about living on the edge.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    ...a rebel, Dottie... a loner....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Mainer: I can't remember the last time I went fishing.
    Come on up. I can send you home with a trunk load of trout.
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, that's it. I'm outing you. Guys, the computers retain the info. He took the pic at home. Sheesh! LOL!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Ok, that's it. I'm outing you. Guys, the computers retain the info. He took the pic at home. Sheesh! LOL!
    Yeah, I figured that was the case, but it's a lot more fun thinking of Steve zipping down a highway with a camera in one hand and a handlebar in the other.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, what?! You mean there is another way to take pictures of my cyclometer? Really? You can do it when you get back home?

SVL - you destroyed the mystique.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Heckuvva week/end! Yoiks!

Man, do I have a busy week/end coming up. If I can manage to, tonight Ima swing by downtown and play mandolin for an hour with these cats:

Won't be able to play the whole evening, though, as I hafta pick the kids up from church @ 7:30. That's another whole ongoing saga (see prior post). Tonight the praise band kids are meeting with the pastor. Both I and my wife have already let him know that we did not appreciate the choir lady's handling of things on Sunday. Fun.

Oh, the rest of the weekend: have a show with the same band as above on Friday, at the same place they're playing tonight. Only, on Friday I'll be able to stay for the whole show, and will also play guitar. After a flag football game Saturday morning for my son, and some attempted skateboarding with him after the game, I'll play yet another show with the band in the pic above (we're called Cinnamon Hill) later that night. That show will be at a different venue, one I've never played or been to before (I hear it's a lesbian-run restaurant-bar-music venue). Our regular electric guitarist/slide player should be back with us for that'un, though I may play some guitar on a few songs anyhow (the lead singer/acoustic player is lobbying for me to).

Sunday I'll play guitar, and maybe some mandolin, at the 11:00 a.m. service, and try to avoid any run-ins with Choir Lady.

Monday night the same band is doing a benefit at yet a different venue. I'll hafta see what my son's homework sitch is and play that'un by ear. May skip the early set to do homework, and go downtown for the later one. Or may skip it altogether. Probably the latter, since I just found out that my "church" side band, Pedagogy, wants to practice Tuesday night.

Whew.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a cool morning today (Saturday). El Krashpadito's last flag football game of the season. Lost by a safety, but still the team played so much better than the last few weeks, where they were often really getting clobbered. Plus Jack caught a pass and made a couple good "pulls" (Flag football "tackles").

But even cooler, afterward, we went over to the public skatepark across the street from the church where his football games are. Whoa, that was bosstastic. I still have my '70's Gordon and Smith stick, although I need to re-griptape it, and the bushings are about gone.

Anyhow, Jack is just starting out, but I finally got the hang of ramps again, nothing too heavy (stayed out of the bowl of course), but I could go up to the top of a ramp and tack and come back down without killing myself, plus I did a fakie (go up a ramp, stall, and then go back down the opposite direction "backwards" by looking over your opposite shoulder, with the board's tail first) and a double-fakie (w/2 ramps, go down near ramp, up far ramp, fakie back to first ramp, then fakie back down a second time). AND I drew blood, which is always good. No idea how I did it. Jack goes: "Hey there's blood on your arm!"

I look down on my left forearm, and sure enough, there's a line of blood 4 or 5 inches long. Looked bosstastic. When we got home we took a picture. I'm pretty sure at 52 I was the oldest skater there.

Went to Publix for snack supplies for his football team party this afternoon, which we'll go to shortly, and tonight I have a show with my hippie buddies in Cinnamon Hill. Last night's show got rained out, but I had fun afterward hanging out with our drummer, who needed a ride home. Good guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, btw, I found a pic of the place we were skating this morning-- here it is (non-bowl areas):

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you're a busy dude.. AND you still find time to keep us all updated! :-)

This morning was our Relay for Life team's car wash fundraiser. I dragged all my PA equipment an hour north just to find out there was NO electricity within a 200' +/- radius... so I cranked up the car and cranked the immensely BOOMBOOM stereo system in it.. played through my blues CD (set list songs).

We did fairly well, raised a few bucks.. that makes the sore body and sunburn worth it.

Tomorrow is practice. And beer.
    Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like

Part way through our gig on Saturday night the bass player turns to me and says, "do you know the theme from Rawhide?"

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

You are busy Brian, that's for sure. And kewl, skateboarder and all. :cool.

I was 3rd in Red Deer half-marathon today, in 1:15:20 something. Won $100 for that.

Yesterday, Amalia and I went rock-hunting, found some, and then painted them. Amalia made her rock into a pig, by colouring it pink and adding tail, legs and face.

And on Friday, I played a list minute food bank fund raising gig where the audience maxed out at about 20 people. Got home late - the drive was about an hour.
    Last edited by Robert; May 23rd, 2010 at 08:02 PM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

The family all went down to my mother-in-law's home this weekend. We had a good sized family get together on Saturday and ate WAAAAAAAAAY too much.

My MIL can cook, and usually makes enough to feed a small army.

Went by and saw my wife's Grandfather. He was a career Navy man and WWII vet, and is quite the character, even at 84.

Baby Kat had her first ever ride in a tractor, with my wife's stepdad. It was incredibly cute. There were pictures and videos, but I would need my stepdad-in-law's permission to post them in a public forum.

Older Kid Kat spent her time putting together a good sized puzzle and spending some time with her cousin.

Dropped Older Kid Kat off at her other home this afternoon, which gave me an opportunity to drop by and visit with my Dad for about 15-20 minutes. It was good to see him, as I hadn't in quite a while.

Drove an hour back to the MIL's home, picked up Mrs. Kat and Baby Kat, packed up the vehicle and rode with the family back home. We are tired.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Was at a college reunion, my fraternity pledge class 25 years. I flew in to Seattle after driving to Boise to catch a flight. My brother who lives there picked me up, and we went back to his place near Lake Washington, and then joined everyone at a casual gathering at a tav we used to go to. Proceeded to enjoy catching up with old friends, and drank too much beer.

Got up at 6 on Saturday, and headed out onto Lake Washington for a couple waterski runs. The lake was really flat, which is unusual for Lake WA. I skied well for the first two runs of the year. I was wearing a wet suit, but the temps were not too bad by Washington standards. Waterskiing in the morning is THE magic hangover cure.

I then joined a group of my classmates out at the Seattle Golf Club, a posh private club that a couple are members of. I have not golfed a few years, and my tennis elbow does not like swinging things, (though waterskiing did not hurt it). so I walked the course with the guys, raked out sand traps, held the pin for putting, and took pics. The rhodedendrons and azaleas, and the grounds in general were stunningly beautiful. We really lucked out on the weather too, as the rain held off, and it was mostly sunny.

Then had the main event barbecue at an old buddy's house, watched a slide show of old pics of us being drunk and silly college students, and just caught up with old friends. Toward the end, another buddy wondered if I was playing guitar, and he and I joined our host, who is a true beginner, to jam around a little bit. So 10:30 turned into 12:30 quickly! Sunday just went for a walk with the brother I was staying with and his fam, then joined my other brother and his fam at my nephews soccer game. He is playing on a U12 Seattle Sounders regional select team (best of all the clubs in the Sounders system in the region), for their game against the equivalent team from BC. Good hard game resulting in a tie. A fun weekend all around!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Part way through our gig on Saturday night the bass player turns to me and says, "do you know the theme from Rawhide?"
    Was chicken wire involved???? LOL
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    Was chicken wire involved???? LOL
    It didn't get to that point. However steady calls for Merle Haggard seemed a little trying at the time. Luckily the shouter got mumbly drunk and eventually quit.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

It didn't get to that point. However steady calls for Merle Haggard seemed a little trying at the time. Luckily the shouter got mumbly drunk and eventually quit.
    Oh well, they can't all be Bob's Country Bunker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Oh well, they can't all be Bob's Country Bunker.
    Where they play BOTH kinds of music - Country AND Western!!! LOL
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Page 35 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast