Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
you will love wekiwa brian....
Where is that Brian's going? Is that Weeki Wachee you're referring to WW? If it is, it's changed a lot. I haven't been there since I was about 8 or 9 years old, which was many moons ago (try 37 or 38). I really enjoyed the MERMAIDS!

Anyway, we're having our community Harvest Festival. Typical South Georgia festival with the usual activities such as parade, vendor booths, entertainment, etc. I'm helping with the sound system and me and my church youth group will be playing. Should be a great day, low of 58, sunny, high of 79.

The only bad thing is that we've got a rally going on at the courthouse steps about 2 in the afternoon. The KKK has decided they want to have a rally protesting child molesters, illegal aliens and getting prayer back in school. Because of this, the Festival, which was 1/2 a block away has moved across town to just below our football field.

It's definitely a black eye on our community (very small), but 1st Amendment guarantees free speech and peaceful assembly. Our local leaders are urging everyone to just ignore them and NOT go by there and try to stir up trouble, then we'd all be better off. The sad thing is that we've got some REAL intelligent people () around here that are easily "offended" and are irate with the city leaders for not denying them the right to assemble. They're asking that their people protest the Festival and not attend. Like that's going to really hurt the Klan...:

This is the group that will not rest until they go around there and start trouble. I've heard rumor of NAACP and even the Black Panthers coming also, but don't know for certain. Hopefully, every one will stay away from the courthouse and it'll all peacefully blow over.

Ah, sometimes life in a small town, ain't so grand. Pray for us.