That was reveille, Steve. Unfortunately we did have a mishap later on Saturday after we got back to camp, some of the younger scouts are a little too wild for my liking, and they were playing a ways away from the adults, and somone through some sand. It got in one of the scouts' eye, and they had to take him to an emergancy room in the nearest town to be safe. He had some scratches on his eye, hopefully it will heal up fast.

The reason that had to do with the bugler is, the boy who got injured is his son, so he wasn't around to blow taps.

They gave two different talks to the scouts about horseplay the next day. The first one was for the kids involved, and then the second was to the whole troop in general. I was not surprised by the composition of the first group. I knew Jack wouldn't be in it, and he wasn't, but conversely the kids who usually are the worst about running amok were there.

What kinda pisses me off is that at least a couple of the 5 or 6 kids that were involved were there with their dads. Sfaik I didn't see any of those dads wander over to see if their kids were in the first group, nor go off with their sons to talk to them privately about what had happened.

One of those kids I've known since Cub Scout days, and the kid doesn't mean harm but he desperately needs direction. His dad is totally oblivious. I hate to do it, but there've been times when I've had to, either as a parent or assistant den leader (during my last year in Cubs) stop the kid from what he was doing beofre he hurt himself or someone else, even though his dad was right there.

I just don't get that type of parenting.