Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The weekend Thread - Page 83
Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,559 to 1,577 of 1620

Thread: The weekend Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    New suit for church: $243.00
    New shoes for church: $74.00
    EVH striped guitar in church: priceless
    That's Billy's our other guitarist's guitar. And yes, he is ALL about EVH. He was a Wolfgang in addition to the Frankenstrat tribute. His family is Puerto Rican, and iirc he worked in the national flag, la Bandera Bonita, on the front of the guitar.

I actually do need a suit, the one I have is pre-throat cancer when I weighed 50 pounds more. By coincidence Warren has dropped about the same amount I believe, although in his case it was willpower.

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics Steve! Still warm there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It had gotten cold and snowed a week or so ago, but it warmed back up to near 60 over the weekend. It is supposed to get colder again later this week. It will be time for it, as ski season is around the corner!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I haz MTB envy!
    Looks warm with everyone still wearing shorts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had my leg warmers on, but I was the only one. I like them so I can bash through the sage as I bank my bike over around/though the sage on the edge of the trail.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[img]http:/ https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-BdcldcA3xss/UL5nQySYU3I/AAAAAAAAGBY/vKniMjeK2fw/s1600/IMAG0028.jpg[/img]

This is about mid-day...the amount of sun we get these days...
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

And here I was complaining about the sun going down at 4:11 here.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks like a space got in the URL. Here it is (and you c-c-can keep the c-c-cold!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Among other activities, mostly mundane...
    Enjoyed some Glenlivet NÃ*durra 16 year old

Similar to their 15 year old French Oak Reserve, Nadurra has more fruit flavors, an almost creamy texture, and a long finish. I like it!

Took a road bike ride on the fixed gear.

Saturday was Shower Door Replacement Day! No one can say I don't know how to party.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    A

Saturday was Shower Door Replacement Day! No one can say I don't know how to party.
    You're a WILD MAN!

I'm probably a month's worth of weekends behind. Or at least a fortnight's. On the first weekend in Dec., we did a charity toys drive show for local kids in hospital (our town, Gainesville, is a university town in the midst of a 5 or 6-county mostly rural area, and we have 2 regional hospitals, so there are lots of kids stuck in hospital over the holidaze here). Fortunately it was still pretty warm, even though we closed the evening. ("Headlining," ha!) Had to cut set short due to law enforcement presence, but we got a pretty decent recording from the board. A couple pix:

The last couple weekends have been a LOT more mundane. Have been moving out of mi Officina at work, and trying to get all the gear I had stowed there back to Casa Krashpad.

For example, here's 3 shots of the east wall of my office, all taken from the doorway. First, after I had taken out some plastic shelving probably 4 or 5 feet tall (the space in the foreground in front of the broom):

In the above photo you can see some big ol' makeshift shelves done with concrete blocks and spare lumber (actually, the wood is from an old '80's water bed!), that the broom is leaning on. Here's a shot with the shelves taken down and the amps that were below them back at Casa Krashpad:

As you can see above, there was still one amp, the Fender Super Champ XD I use for church, left behind in its "custom amp cover" (i.e., cardboard box with handle-hole cut in it), as well as the third seat from my van, the Rockmobile.

Here's a more recent shot with no amps visible and the van bench seat gone:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, have been setting up a PA board/"workstation" en El Garaje at Casa Krashpad. That corner of the room is centered around the shelves from the office, that just happened to fit perfectly in the space I wanted them, with the amps rolled in below, just as they had been back at La Officina.

Here's an early shot, showing the instrument amps below, a cab I'm using for the PA on the upper left, and the mixing board and PA amp below it on the right:

While doing all this setup, I put my little CD boombox, and an ancient cassette player that I found, up in the shelves so that I'd have music, and amp'd it through the PA my simply mic'ing whichever player I was using. Eventually I'll have line-outs from the CD boombox and cassette player into the PA, but mic'ing them actually works remarkably well, for now. Here's a shot of the cassette player mic'd into PA:

Subsequently lucked into a Crate bass amp for $25 on cl, and stuck it under the old Kustom 100 head:

Here's a shot with the lights out and just the "mood lighting:"

Happy Christmas! God bless us, every one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello folks, here's a merry xmas wish from my band and me:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
    Dee

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

"Hyvää Joulua!" (Did I get that right? Dual umlauts for the win!)
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    "Hyvää Joulua!" (Did I get that right? Dual umlauts for the win!)
    Yes that's absolutely right :-) thanks! Ja onnellista uutta vuotta!
    Dee

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dee

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the viddy, Dee!

Happy New Year everyone!

And, brrr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Spent most of the weekend working on the living room floor. I'm about 2/3 done. I'll be moving my gear in here, so I finally have some motivation after putting this project off for a year +.

The doorways, plus inside and outside corners were a challenge even with a miter chop saw, table saw and a jig saw. I've cut the boards so precise, we won't have to add 1/4 round molding.

Post Thanks / Like

That looks smashing Tig!

Good onya.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thx!
    I'm looking forward to getting one of those Rock Solid stands that hold 6 guitars. (thanks, Robert) The wood construction looks great and keeps them off the wall.

Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast