Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The weekend Thread - Page 30
Page 30 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: The weekend Thread

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be happy to mail any fellow Fretters some slightly used beer. It's been filtered through my kidneys, of course...
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon
    http://halesbrewery.com/ is the place to be this Saturday @ noon.. the first round is on me -- just look for the dude wearing the sweatshirt with a huge Canadian flag on it and you'll find me, FrankenFretter, and NW Basser. Show up thirsty! :-)
    I am very jealous and would love to join you. The Hales brewery is cool. I miss the old Trolleyman in Fremont though. That used to be a nice pub crawl from the Trolleyman to the Red Door to the Buckaroo up the hill a bit. I love where I live now, and overall, it is much better for my family, but I miss PNW pubs. The Tacoma native, and student living in Seattle and then Salem (visited Portland a lot) will not go away.

My favorite Tacoma haunts included The Spar, Enginehouse No. 9, The Beach Tavern, Katie O' Downs on the water, and The Swiss.

I used to like seeing Jumbalassy at Speed 'O Tubs in B'ham (really Fairhaven) as well. I hope you guys have fun and post pics!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

@Franken.. your generosity is unmatched anywhere.

Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Acoustic: Ibanez AEL20E-TRS
    Bass: Ibanez GIO GSR200
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box
    Apparently everyone in AC/DC is a gnome too. - Reverend Rawk
    DOUBLETAP - 'Northern Maine's Premier Blues Band'.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    I'll be happy to mail any fellow Fretters some slightly used beer. It's been filtered through my kidneys, of course...
    TMI!

Post Thanks / Like

My weekend has already started.. and guess what GLAMOROUS thing I'm doing??

Yardwork.

I rock harder than any of you. Ha.

Electrics: '07 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique, Oscar Schmidt OE40N Hollowbody aka. "Fat Girl"
    Amplification: Marshall TSL JCM 2000 head & 1960a cab, Fender Hotrod Deluxe Silverface, Ibanez Soundwave SWX65
    Effects: Boss Chorus, Bad Monkey, BSIABII, Rabid Rodent, Crybaby GCB-95, Rocktron Talk Box

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mainestratman
    My weekend has already started.. and guess what GLAMOROUS thing I'm doing??

Yardwork.

I rock harder than any of you. Ha.

I'ma play the Krashteban Special in church tonight!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend in progress...

House cleaning today with Mrs. Kat and Baby Kat. A whole lot of spring cleaning going on!

Had a Dokken playlist running on YouTube while doing the work. '80s metal is good for pumping me up to get the job done.

What y'all doin?
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna load up all the PA stuff shortly and go DJ a dance benefit... might do an acoustic set during happy hour...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mainestratman
    Gonna load up all the PA stuff shortly and go DJ a dance benefit... might do an acoustic set during happy hour...
    Break a leg Mainer!

Post Thanks / Like

Do it Do it!! mainestratman

Post Thanks / Like

I did it.. almost 90 minutes straight.. for about 30 people.. not a huge crowd, but I think everyone had fun... they heckled me, I heckled them, made fun of one of the guys I'd just met (he's a former Marine.. I was Navy, so we immediately started picking on each other).

So my voice is toast for band practice today (we're trying out a bassist) but that just means singing more like Muddy Waters. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Default The meeting of The Fretters: Hales Brewpub in Seattle

I was up north to visit family and friends, and had the opportunity to meet fellow Fretter BC Don in person at Seattle's Hale's Brewpub. There were beers, great food and lots of guitar and gear talk. Don is a really nice, generous guy with a great sense of humor (humour). After corresponding via email for several months, we finally had a chance to sit down and have some beers in person. It was a great weekend.

Later that Saturday, we ran into Don again at the Seattle Guitar Center. We tested out the new Egnater Tweaker amph head. It's really impressive, and pretty versatile. I was impressed enough that I very nearly bought one on the spot. I think I've found my next amph.

Saturday night, after a fantastic steak dinner, courtesy of NW Basser, and Mrs. NW Basser, there was a two-hour jam session at my brother's friend Rick's place. NW Basser (my brother Jason), myself, and our friend Tom participated in an epic, maybe even legendary free-form southern rock jam that lasted a good 209 minutes, among all the other jamming going on that evening.

I must say, this was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. Thanks to Don, Jason and Tom!

Here's a photo of us at Hales: From the left - Jason (NW Basser), Don (BC Don), and myself. We like beer.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I am very jealous and would love to join you. The Hales brewery is cool. I miss the old Trolleyman in Fremont though. That used to be a nice pub crawl from the Trolleyman to the Red Door to the Buckaroo up the hill a bit. I love where I live now, and overall, it is much better for my family, but I miss PNW pubs. The Tacoma native, and student living in Seattle and then Salem (visited Portland a lot) will not go away.

My favorite Tacoma haunts included The Spar, Enginehouse No. 9, The Beach Tavern, Katie O' Downs on the water, and The Swiss.

I used to like seeing Jumbalassy at Speed 'O Tubs in B'ham (really Fairhaven) as well. I hope you guys have fun and post pics!

I loved Speedy O's as well. I knew the daughter of one of the guys from Jumbalassy. I saw them a few times at Boulevard Park. I think they broke up. That's a shame, because they were the only Zydeco band around, at least that I knew of.

We toasted our fellow Fretters, Steve. You were there with us in spirit, anyway.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter
    I was up north to visit family and friends, and had the opportunity to meet fellow Fretter BC Don in person at Seattle's Hale's Brewpub. There were beers, great food and lots of guitar and gear talk. Don is a really nice, generous guy with a great sense of humor (humour). After corresponding via email for several months, we finally had a chance to sit down and have some beers in person. It was a great weekend.

Later that Saturday, we ran into Don again at the Seattle Guitar Center. We tested out the new Egnater Tweaker amph head. It's really impressive, and pretty versatile. I was impressed enough that I very nearly bought one on the spot. I think I've found my next amph.

Saturday night, after a fantastic steak dinner, courtesy of NW Basser, and Mrs. NW Basser, there was a two-hour jam session at my brother's friend Rick's place. NW Basser (my brother Jason), myself, and our friend Tom participated in an epic, maybe even legendary free-form southern rock jam that lasted a good 209 minutes, among all the other jamming going on that evening.

I must say, this was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. Thanks to Don, Jason and Tom!

Here's a photo of us at Hales: From the left - Jason (NW Basser), Don (BC Don), and myself. We like beer.

Man, that's great! I love it when fretters get together. Diggin' the metal horns, too!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool guys.

I was a rock star again this weekend. It was a regular gig but the club was hosting a wake for one of the motorcycling regulars that died earlier in the week. The funeral was in the afternoon so the place was packed when we showed up Saturday.

Some of the regulars offered to get shaved to raise money for the funeral and his widow. There was plenty of drinking and skulduggery going on all night. The mood was generally upbeat yet respectful for the most part. Nobody got belligerent. The ladies got pretty twisted and of course I got the gratuitous tata shots. PM Me for a copy. BTW - it's really hard to play guitar and take pictures at the same time but I did it anyway for you guys.

Got in a nice road ride on Easter on my bicycle. Terrible headwind to start with but a total free ride coming back home with a 25 mph tail wind. Sweet!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome group pix guys.

Tata shots are always awesome too. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Just call me Mulch Boy. I have about 10 cubic yards of it to spread out. 'Got this bed done today, but lots more to go ~

Post Thanks / Like

Friday: Drove to the far 'burbs after work and came back with a Tech 21 TM60 in tow thanks to the recommendations of a few fellow fretters.

Saturday: Did a training run for the Broad Street Run in early May, farted around the house for the majority of the day and played some guitar, made potato pancakes for din-din.

Sunday: Played two very long church services with my SX Tele -> Sansamp GT2 -> SS amp lined to FOH. Didn't want to use the TM60 without running through a practice with it. First service was horrible and sloppy and nobody noticed, second service was tight and awesome and nobody noticed. To them it was just music that sounded good.

We had a grand total of about 450 people attend today, which was kind of a trip -- about 200 more than a typical Sunday. The Tele performed very well today despite being knocked around and dented by the kid to whom I had lent it; I might be giving it some more burn in future weeks.

I traded in my usual t-shirt & jeans church outfit for a full suit & tie today in the hopes of being ironic about dressing up for Easter, but unfortunately lots of others also dressed to the 9s, so I ended up just looking like I was matching them, which completely negated my point. Ah well.

Met with a contractor about some potential house repairs after church and then went to some in-laws' house for lunch and Easter-egg hunting.

I found a grand total of 6 eggs out of a possible 47, with 5 others hunting. I think that's 2 short of what my share should have been, so I'm apparently a below-average Easter-egg hunter. So be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Had a fairly good practice yesterday. The bass player is young and REALLY inexperienced but takes instruction fairly well and catches on relatively quick. Fortunately my drummer is really good about explaining triggers and how she should be synching up with him...

At the moment, we're concentrating on getting her familiar with the material and getting a feel of how to "go with the flow" with root notes and not be surprised if I feel like soloing a few more measures... assuming she does her "homework", we'll keep dumping the effort into getting her to "think outside the box" (box = tablature) and start adding some walking into it.

Either way, it should be interesting. :-D

Page 30 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast