Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The weekend Thread - Page 12
Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: The weekend Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Spent Saturday building a drum shield for the church. Knocked off about 3 and took the rest of the day off.

Sunday, the adult praise band played 2 songs in the morning service. The youth band played 2 that night. Our regular youth drummer and her family are moving, so we wanted to play yesterday, so that she could be there. Of course, she didn't show up, so our bass player in the adult band played drums for the youth. This guy is one of those talented musicians who can sing, play bass, play drums and who knows what else. He's actually a better drummer than he is a bass player. The kids were LOVING it. (So was I!).

Anyway, I actually got the kids recorded, so here's the 2 songs they did:

Happy Day is new to the band. We've only practiced it 2 or 3 times. My baby girl played the keyboards on Revelation Song. She just started taking lessons about 2 months ago. (Can you tell I'm proud?)

Anyway, it was a pretty good weekend!
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

I work every Saturday and Sunday so I can get off two days during the week when no one is home.

Monday & Tuesday has been my typical days off, but has not been regular for several months now.

Any two day's off together NOW during the week is a blessing.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Spud:wow, those were some nice digs. A suit of armor?

Ronnie Beth: man it is great to see people getting into music in church. Some Lutherans have been known to tell Baptist jokes on occasion, but frankly I wish Lutherans were a little more like Baptists in some ways. It would be great to play music in a church where the reaction to music was so immediate and palpable.

Yes, that was a sigh you heard under my breath.

Post Thanks / Like

This weekend Mrs Spud and I did a 10 hour motorcycle tour of Idaho. It started out looking like this - high Camas prairie

Then it eventually turned into this. We were careful to avoid the afternoon thunder showers.

We made a little detour to Mesa Falls. If you look closely in the center of the falls you can see the hawk playing on the thermals.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Great pics Spud!

Friday: show w/both bands, separate thread w/pics here:
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...648#post143648

Saturday: unloading van, mowed front lawn, showed son how to edge but he's small and had a tough time w/it. He came in with a blister and I heard thunder rumbling, so ran outside and finished up the edging so I could get the edger and power cord back in the garage before the rain. Watched the movie Iron Man for the first time, w/Krashpadito.

Sunday: played guitar on 2 songs, mandolin on one in church. Music Director (not our praise band leader, the organist/choir director head honcho) comes up right beforehand to tell me the guitar was too loud on one song last Sunday. Thanks pal, only one out of 4? That's pretty good. Better than being too low on all of them, which is what had been the case. He volunteers to tell me when to turn down during the service, from up in the choir loft.

I don't have the heart to tell him I'm nearsighted and need to have my glasses off to read my music, meaning he will be a tiny fuzzy blob up in the choir loft from our position at the other end of the church.

Packed up and went to lunch to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday, just the 4 of us and her boyfriend. Back at the house we had cake and ice cream.
    Mrs. K unintentionally used trick candles on her cake that kept relighting!

Then she got the Peavey Foundation bass I bought for her about a week ago:

After taking her boyfriend to his job, we came back and watched "The Pink Panther Strikes Again!" which is a real slapstick classic.

We rented it (along with Iron Man that we'd watched the preceding evening); we own a copy of "Return of the Pink Panther" which is the other high point of the series imho.

Post Thanks / Like

My weekend was good, my (ex-)girlfriend and I broke up, so I've been getting over that, the weekend's band practice went REALLY well, they liked the lyrics I've come up with, I went to assassinate the following's CD-release partty, I threw my cap at the guitarist/vocalist, and he wore it, I then got the cap signed by the whole band. I also auditioned to be a zombie-extra in an indie zombie-flic called windsor zombies, I got in! All in all a good weekend.
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pie_man_25
    I also auditioned to be a zombie-extra in an indie zombie-flic called windsor zombies, I got in! All in all a good weekend.
    Sorry about the GF but you just opened the door for a lot of hot babes to come your way.:

It's great having a potential Zombie on board. I'll be excited to see the movie to see if I can spot you. Congrats on the part.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    It's great having a potential Zombie on board.
    Good thing I'm a cleric, just in case . . .
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Good thing I'm a cleric, just in case . . .
    So what you're sayin is, that, me being a card-carrying Lutheran and all, when PM25 goes all zombie on our collective asses, I can use you as a human shield?

Because, that's what I heard anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW guys, that's hilarious , it's no use if marnold is a cleric, we're VIRAL zombies, your best protection is to not let me bite you, and also the zombie survival guide- available at your local bookstore, or here if you're too lazy ( http://www.thinkgeek.com/books/humor/7838/ ).

Ps. krash, your daughter's pretty good lookin' , sucks that she's taken and I'm in the great white north ! Her bass is pretty nice too, I've never played a poorly made peavey (I haven't played many peaveys to begin with, but the point still stands).

-anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, sounds like a good weekend. Your daughter looks really excited about the bass! I know she'll enjoy it. I can appreciate your "critic" at church. We've got plenty of them here too.

Pie, good look with the zombie part! Just don't bite anybody!!! Sorry about the girlfriend, but there's plenty to go around.

Rev, I'm not sure what good a cleric would be with zombies, vampires maybe, but don't know about zombies...
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    Rev, I'm not sure what good a cleric would be with zombies, vampires maybe, but don't know about zombies...
    We're quite effective against all manner of undead.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am just back from vacation to the Puget Sound area, an annual family trip to leave the mountains and visit my homeland and family. We started and finished with a stop at my folks house at Horsehead Bay in the Gig Harbor area (pic showing the view above). It is one of my favorite spots I know in the world. Then on to a week at Seabeck Christian Conference Grounds for a YMCA type group sponsored family camp (with about 235 campers, all family and family friends) I have gone to since I was a child. Seabeck is a former mining town on Hood Canal (naturally formed inlet off of Puget Sound) that in the 1880's was bigger and more successful than Seattle. The mill burned a few years later, and the property was purchased and turned into a conference grounds. Pic of part of the grounds and part of the view below, with rocket day in the foreground. A link to a great webcam showing the view from the area is below that.

Webcam link: http://www.drdale.com/cam/

It was hot, but not too hot. Now it is very hot over there. It was nice when we were there and great to be back on the water, and to get some family time, waterskiing on the Sound with my brothers, lots of beer drinking and guitar strumming, and etc. : :

With extra work this year and a re-model underway where we are doing a share of the work, it was a much needed break.
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; July 30th, 2009 at 03:14 PM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

/\ cool story bro!

no really, It's always great to have some time with the family, and if the place looks like the pics you're showing, even better!:

-anonymous

Post Thanks / Like

That does look nice Steve. Thanks for the pics/link.

Post Thanks / Like

Oooooo, ahhhhh! Rockets!! I LOVE ROCKETS! That's one of the best ways to burn up dry pasture ever invented. Don't ask

Lovely looking place SVL. It's good to have you back.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud, that sounds like a real life experience??? Tell us more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The rockets are dang cool. As is the place. Note the "Blue Room" rocket. I always thought they should give the thing the ability to drop a Baby Ruth when the parachute pops out, or maybe make an engine for it that sounds like a Whoopie Cushion.

The sophistication of my humour knows no bounds.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    The rockets are dang cool. As is the place. Note the "Blue Room" rocket. I always thought they should give the thing the ability to drop a Baby Ruth when the parachute pops out, or maybe make an engine for it that sounds like a Whoopie Cushion.

The sophistication of my humour knows no bounds.
    Sounds like a cool idea to me. Anything that drops Baby Ruth's is OK in my book! : That's a beautiful location too. Don't see to much of that in SW GA.

Tonight's my 30 year class reunion. For once, just a calm get-together. I haven't been since the 5 year reunion, because of disagreement with my fellow classmates over various issues. But, they apparently have decided to grow up and quit acting like they're still in high school. So, since we're not getting any younger and their are some people I haven't seen in 30 years, the wife and I are going. Should be interesting...
    Ronnie

Page 12 of 86 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast