Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The weekend Thread - Page 55
Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,027 to 1,045 of 1620

Thread: The weekend Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNPDCBk0rlE

Here is a quick edit I put together of the kids on the ski team I coach over last weekend and a few clips from earlier. I am the one holding the camera. These kids are coming along fast, and it is fun to see them progress. My oldest son now jumps bigger than I do.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a quick edit I put together of the kids on the ski team I coach over last weekend and a few clips from earlier. I am the one holding the camera. These kids are coming along fast, and it is fun to see them progress. My oldest son now jumps bigger than I do.
    That is just beautiful. Must be wonderful to have a winter paradise in your backyard. Really makes me want to get out there too!

Post Thanks / Like

NICE Steve, just full screened it, turned up the volume, and proceeded to turn varying shades of green while my smile continued to grow. These are great great days for you. What a blessing to be able to do this kind of "work", and include your kids! Nice job on the editing as well.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks guys. The first shots were on Baldy, on Mayday ridge dropping into the valleys known as "The Bowls". Those jumps were really quite big, bigger than they appear from that perspective. The other stuff was on Dollar, the smaller mountain also included in the resort. There, Sun Valley has constructed a world class terrain park, including the skier and boarder cross course you see the kids racing on. The jumps and rails, boxes, etc. progress from a very beginner level to quite expert. (read way bigger than I am going to jump.)

Both my sons (my daughter was with a group over on Baldy) are seen racing in the skier cross course, and one has a great wipe out! He was fine, and had fun. He (in brown) also is pictured jumping the "medium" step down (starting high off a ramp and landing on the down side of a step below) jump just before a kid in orange.

I did this as an effort to give a video update to parents and kids of some of the fun that was going on. The mountain is a big place, and kids don't always tell their folks what they did on Freeride day. So I thought a picture could be worth a few words in terms of communication.

We will continue to compile film over the rest of the year and have a bigger edited film to cap it off at the season ending party. BTW, the second song is by the father of one of the kids on team, who is in that band I am going to try and jam with. The melody of that song has been stuck in my head as I practice it, so it ended up on this.

TK, indeed, it is a blessing to be able to spend part of my weekend this way. This program was a dream of mine and it is nice to see it flourish, and even nicer seeing all the kids (my own included) enjoy it.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

off the hook about this one. Saturday night. John Scofield. 400 seats, all within 50 ft of the drum kit.

http://www.oldtownschool.org/concert..._scofield.html

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Start to my weekend: celebrating the LAST RADIATION TREATMENT, with some balloons and my radiation mask, outside Casa Krashpad:

Here's the actual machine I've been under for the last 7 weeks, M-F, and one of the techs:

Post Thanks / Like

Here's to you Brian! That's quite regimen you've gone through, gotta feel good to come to the end of it. Your attitude will do as much for you as the radiation will, I'll bet. Thanks for letting us follow along.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tio! I couldn't believe my sweet Mrs. K bought balloons. I'm a bit out of it from all the opiates and it took me a few seconds to figure out that the balloons were for me, haha.

I needs me a nap!

Btw, the zap lab gave me a "Certificate of Merit." I think that means the check did not bounce.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Krash

Krash,

Just kick those rattlesnakes and other poisonous snakes out the way on your way back to the house from the mailbox. D#$$ nuisances!

Looks like you are giving it your best buddy.

I just had a set of Fender Locking Tuners put on my Lake Placid Blue CV 50's strat with aged white pearl pickguard loaded with Custom Shop Texas Special pickups. I like the upgrade from the vintage style tuners to these solid Fender locking type in brushed chrome.

Something tells me this Classic Vibe Fifties isn't a Classic Vibe anymore - I guess it still technically is though, going by the serial number. This is a great sounding looking and playing guitar. I also have a sunburst one that I'm going to put locking tuners on and also do some other things to like possibly noiseless pickups with a boost circuit and possible kill switch - not sure yet. I was going to leave it stock but lately I'm thinking that these two guitars are so nice to begin with that they make great platforms to upgrade into even more awesome fun guitars for me to play.

I'm also playing my Squier Standard tele in cool walnut stain with black pickguard and rosewood fretboard that I just personally installed a set of new Fender Vintage Noiseless tele pickups into. I've been playing that this weekend too and have the pickups adjusted so that the initial boominess of the bass that I at first experienced is gone and I get a nice full smooth tone - nothing like a tele I must say, but a really nice sound none the less, making this inexpensive tele very cool and fun to play. I have a traditional noisy MIM tele that I can play anytime I want to revel in its exquisite noisyness and super great tele tone. You just have to love that noise to love that beautiful tone from a completely non noise cancelling telecaster.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Wow, Duffy, sounds like a lot of little mods you've been up to! Have fun!

Me, I've been zoinked on transdermal fentanyl pain patches (a 3-day time release synthetic opiate) and Hillbilly Heroin (oxycontin, another opioid) all weekend. I'ma try to go in to work just for the morning tomorrow (one of my coworkers lives in my neighborhood and can take me in and back), because there's no way I can drive at this point.

Apparently irradiated skin turns a dark charcoal grey.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Brian, I'm glad you've had the last dose of the radiation. Here's some mojo your way, hoping for continued recovery and the pain to go away.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Best to you Brian. Glad you're through with this treatment. Here's to your good health from here on!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Well, did the last chemo infusion Tuesday, plus got another saline I.V. rehydration, which I began doing daily last week.

Biggest news for me was doc said "At this point, I'm sure you will not have to have a feeding tube, because things will begin to get better slowly, and although you've lost 20 pounds [if you go back to my surgery I've actually lost 25, but there was a few weeks after the surgery before I started chemo/radiation], you're still ok." I still have to be careful to stay hydrated, because I haven't been able to eat solids, and liquids even are still quite painful despite drugs, so I am going to keep going in for hydration (saline I.V.'s) daily for another week.

Get this, at the end of the consult, we're walking down the hall to the infusion room, and the chemo doc asks me, "So, are you going to start bringing in your guitar when you come in?" I told him I actually had considered doing that on days that I didn't have any work to do, like just bring an electric unplugged so it wouldn't make noise and I could get some practice in. He says "I think you should! But don't you have an acoustic?" I said yes, but if brought an electric it wouldn't intrude on anyone else, and then if anyone there said I should bring an acoustic instead, I could do that later.

So I think today I might do some noodling at the chemo lab. Maybe I'll bring the thinline Choirboy so I can hear myself play above the medicine pump machines' background noise.

Should be interesting!

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, you have one hell of a great attitude! Stay strong and know that you're in a lot of people's thoughts!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Krashpad......glad to hear that you're doing better. Cool mask.....just not as cool as my C-PAP mask that I wear to bed. Yeah, those opiates and oxycontin can throw you for a loop. Prior to our trip to Germany in 03/2008, my daughter was on 240mg of Oxy a day......and it barely took the edge off her pain. lol

Prayers and mojo comin' your way.

Post Thanks / Like

@ Don: Thanks Man!

@ piebaldpython: Holy crap, 240 mg!? Dang, I'm only on (does math in head, 10 mg every 4 hours times 6 = 24 hour day) SIXTY! Although, I'm also on a pain patch of fentanyl of 50mcg/hr, and I have no idea what sort of strength that is (low-middling I think).

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Krash

Concerning playing guitar in the hospital or clinic: I was in the hospital for nine days with my last surgery and I bought my Gibson SG and had it in my hospital bed the whole time. I had picked up a Vox AmpPlug Lead version and used a set of earphones and plugged in my CD player and jammed along to CDs. It worked great and didn't bother anyone but gave me a lot of relief. When the pain got too intense I didn't play much, but when I was feeling half way decent I played a lot.

I was in a lot of pain with a fourteen inch lateral incision in my left side and had deep surgery, involving a lot of internal manipulation of some of my organs, bleeding, cutting thru thick scar tissue, etc. After going to the step down unit they had to take me off of the morphine pump because my blood pressure was droping really low. This was a bummer because they put me on two percocets every four hours, which meant I was in heavy pain after the first two hours. I was counting the minutes until the next percocet dose after that. That was some serious pain to endure, and I walked many miles around those corridors while enduring that heavy pain. Very slowly the pain eased up. That was about two years ago now.

I hope you start to feel less pain and can get back more towards normal soon. I'll be praying for you man. You seem to have an unsupressably positive attitude.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Man, I hate this cold spell. It should really give up by now. -37 last night; -26 in the morning. I'm starting to feel bad about driving the car, would rather cycle in this coldness but someone has to take the kids to kindergartens anyway :-(

Nice webcam[/IMG]
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh just noticed the school has a wecam as well, overlooking the town 'side'
    http://weather.savonia-amk.fi/?sivu=webcam
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast