Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The weekend Thread - Page 41
Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: The weekend Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Spud you dog,you shudda got hold of me I could of roadie for ya or sumpin.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Spud you dog,you shudda got hold of me I could of roadie for ya or sumpin.Sumi

Sorry. We just didn't have any free time and I didn't have access to a computer to get in touch with you. Next time for sure.

Did you see Steve Miller or Barenaked Ladies last weekend?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope I was pretty busy,I scaped the trim boards on my house,wirebrushed them and painted,took two days and I started at 4:30 AM,but their done for another ten years.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

A missed Fretter Meetup? Oh NOOO!

Hey Brian, that looked like some weekend! Good thing you got a hold of a few pics. Jamming a whole weekend in a cabin? Intense!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    A missed Fretter Meetup? Oh NOOO!

Hey Brian, that looked like some weekend! Good thing you got a hold of a few pics. Jamming a whole weekend in a cabin? Intense!
    Oh man it was too school for school. There were 8 or 10 cabins all within walking distance of the lodge, with 3-5 people in each cabin, with all the playing being done down at the lodge, either on the porches (the porch went all the way round, on all 4 sides, and was screened-in on 2 sides) for acoustic, or inside for electric. Also, acoustic jams would break out inside when no one was on the electric stage. The vast majority of the players are in cover bands and/or do open mics, so they knew a ton of songs.

I was like a kid in a candy store. Or like Krashpad in a beer store.

But with free beer.

Post Thanks / Like

Will make my report a day early, as I'll probably be away from computers for awhile.

Finishing up work today and then off for a week staying here, my inlaws are renting the place for them, us, and my brother-in-law's family:

Yay for virtually free vacations!

It's on the highly bosstastic Cape San Blas up in the Florida Panhandle. (Google it) Although the house is on the bay side of the spit, it has beach privileges on the Gulf side (a few hundred feet across the road).

Here's a shot of the Cape:

Ciao you boys. Par-tay!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hope this isn't hijacking

From what it seems, this is for posting your weekend lazyness (or lack there of) someone please educate me if my post is out of line... Lazy. Lazy. Lazy. That's been my weekend. The boss is away next week so its just me and a client from hell is angry about a project.... so. Before i start week of hell, I am not doing much! Short motorcycle ride, (too hot for anything longer) farmers market for some fresh vegetables for pizza + salad dinner, my wife brought me a case of awesome beer on Friday (Hennepin Saison by Ommegang Brewing Company) She took off today with the car, which is a shame because I really had an urge to pick up a Vox Night Train.... Good weekend here, about to catch a killer thunderstorm, sounds like the rest of you are doing well :-)

Post Thanks / Like

We catered a billionaire's 70th birthday for around 200 people at this location on Friday

Here is the birthday boy generously thanking all 28 of the staff each with a crisp $100 bill. Very nice!

The crew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redgibson
    From what it seems, this is for posting your weekend lazyness (or lack there of) someone please educate me if my post is out of line... Lazy. Lazy. Lazy. That's been my weekend. The boss is away next week so its just me and a client from hell is angry about a project.... so. Before i start week of hell, I am not doing much! Short motorcycle ride, (too hot for anything longer) farmers market for some fresh vegetables for pizza + salad dinner, my wife brought me a case of awesome beer on Friday (Hennepin Saison by Ommegang Brewing Company) She took off today with the car, which is a shame because I really had an urge to pick up a Vox Night Train.... Good weekend here, about to catch a killer thunderstorm, sounds like the rest of you are doing well :-)

I loooove Ommegang brews. I remember I used to get a growler after work from the grocery store nearby when I still lived in NY.

EDIT: And it's good beer. I don't just like it because it's similar to my name.

Post Thanks / Like

Spent Saturday afternoon at the Lowell Folk Festival, Mass., the largest free music festival in the country, I read.

Many different kinds of music, from Puerto-Rican to western swing, with some Cajun in between...

We went back on Sunday and loaded up on more vibes!

You know, when you are grocery shopping after a musical event, and you are slightly moving your body to the beat waiting at the deli counter (and you get weird looks from fellow shoppers!), you know you had a good time..!

Swamp Dogg, an R&B singer sounded just like some of the greats of old, some O. Redding, maybe? He had a great back-up band, The Revelations (Brooklyn NY says the web). Nice guitar work!

Need to rest a bit, and answer the Blues Jr craigslist prospect.. life is good!
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention that the birthday guy had The Canadian Tenors come in for the event.
    http://www.canadiantenors.com/

They have a pretty tour bus.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud you DOG! You sudda got hold of me,I could of roadied or sumin.Looks like you have been having a blast playin at some cool places.Sumi

Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Spud you DOG! You sudda got hold of me,I could of roadied or sumin.Looks like you have been having a blast playin at some cool places.Sumi
    Except that I'm not playing - I'm feeding people.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ran 42 km today in training, in 3:17. I am getting fit. Running Edmonton marathon on August 22nd.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Except that I'm not playing - I'm feeding people.
    No problem I like to eat!!! Sumi

Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I had a busy weekend. Got off work Friday and went shopping for "back-to-school" clothes for my rising 8th grader. We start school on Tuesday the 27th (way too soon!). Saturday, I had to install an amp in a sound system I was putting together for work, then spent several hours helping my wife get her classroom ready (see the previous sentence...). I left there around 2:30 went and showered and hauled a load of sound equipment to an outdoor back to school bash a few of the local churches were sponsoring.

I set up and ran the sound till 8 and our youth band played (me on guitar and the kids). Loaded up the equipment again and delivered it to it's home.

Sunday morning, had adult praise band practice before Sunday school. Played our song in church, then took over running sound so the regular sound guy could leave early. Had lunch, helped the wife some more, then loaded up different equipment for our adult band. We played a couple of songs at an associational missions service, then loaded up, got some supper and finally called it a day. Oh, while getting ready before the service, my amp decided it wanted to act stupid. We also didn't have everything we needed to hook our mics up. Fortunately, I was able to catch my wife before she left town. (The church was about 15 miles from town.)

Whew. I was almost looking forward to Monday! LOL. But, it has been Monday ALL day long. And now, school starts tomorrow.....
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

Dang Ronnie Beth!

Was at the beach on Cape San Blas through Saturday. No oil issues, though we did see a boaty with some skimmer booms out in the bay west of Port St. Joe. Built an impressive sand castle one day, went to watch the sundown over the Gulf most days, did a lot of reading, everything from Hunter S. Thompson (Hell's Angels) to a book on early Black Sabbath albums to a collection of the short stories of Washington Irving (Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Rip Van Winkle, etc.) to Irving Wallace's The Word (not quite done that'un).

Just hung out for the rest of the day after arriving back in Gainesville Saturday; skipped church on Sunday and went into work to see what had come in while I was gone. Did some work at office and some more back at Casa Krashpad, now have to finish it up today.

May eventually upload the sand castle pic. But not today.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh right...forgot about this thread.

I stripped wallpaper from the kitchen on Saturday morning for about 4 hours. Went for a deep-tissue massage afterward with my wife, using some gift certificates we had received as presents. Kind of prissy, I know. I actually thought I would be more beat-up after it, but it wasn't quite as intense as I had imagined.

Cleaned out the basement yesterday for a few hours, then went to church in the evening, followed by a couple of beers at a bar nearby.

I also managed to complete a CL transaction for a Zoom H2 recorder yesterday, so that'll be fun to play with. I was considering the Q3 with video, as it's on sale for $180, but went with the H2 for $70 less.

So yeah...my life is super exciting, what with wallpaper removal and basement cleaning.

Oh yes, I also managed to slice into the middle finger on my left hand while chopping an onion on Saturday night. It actually cut right into the fingernail and broke it (not severed though), so I'll have to wait for it to grow out before it will be healed. Fun stuff. That's the price you pay for being uncoordinated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

We had 3 large catering gigs this weekend: 2 outdoor weddings and one at our banquet room facility.

This is the location on a polo field I was stationed at, and yes those are rain clouds.

Yours truely in the light blue cooking in the rain

After the rain we were all treated to this lovely sight

We got back to our banquet room at midnight and the Mexican wedding was still in full party mode. They went until around 3 am. They had around 300 guests.

Grande pastel

Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast