Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Rush DVD

Thread: New Rush DVD

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Rush DVD

For all you Rush fans. This is taken from the Dutch Progressive Rock Page web site.

RUSH: will be releasing the Snakes & Arrows Live DVD in both standard DVD format and Blu-ray disc!
    The "Snakes & Arrows Live" DVD was filmed with 21 high-definition cameras in 16x9 widescreen format over two nights in October 2007 at the Netherlands' Ahoy Rotterdam arena during the renowned rock trio's lengthy world tour. Additional SD footage was filmed in Atlanta this past July. The five-month trek supporting RUSH's critically acclaimed 2007 studio release "Snakes & Arrows", which includes the Grammy Award-nominated track "Malignant Narcissism", topped Pollstar's Top 100 2007 Tours list at #12.

While previous DVD releases showcase different sides of the band, this DVD offers fans a rare and close up look at the prodigious musicianship for which the band is renowned. Cameras follow bassist and vocalist Geddy Lee, guitarist Alex Lifeson and drummer Neil Peart closely, capturing not only their playing note for note, but also the intimacy they share on stage. The diverse track list includes many new songs from "Snakes & Arrows" as well as old favorites like "Tom Sawyer" and "Freewill" plus an explosive rendition of "Between the Wheels". Among the hidden gems and numerous special tour moments included as extras is the fan-coveted "What's That Smell" vignette and outakes, a skit used to intro the second set, which capitalizes on the still emerging comedic talents of both Alex and Geddy who excel (and revel) in their roles as wild characters. Featuring collector's quality packaging and a choice of Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound or PCM Stereo for a superior audio experience, the DVD was mixed by frequent collaborator Richard Chycki (AEROSMITH, MICK JAGGER). Total running time is 221 minutes.

"Snakes & Arrows" made a triumphant debut on the Billboard 200 upon its release May 2007, entering the chart in the #3 spot. The album's popular success marked RUSH's highest chart debut since 1993, as well as the group's eleventh top ten album in the U.S. "Snakes & Arrows" also debuted at #3 in the band's native Canada and at #13 in the UK — the band's highest British chart ranking in 16 years. In addition, the album premiered in the top ten in Sweden and Finland, and in the top twenty in Norway, the Netherlands, and Japan.
    "Snakes & Arrows Live" DVD track listing:
    Disc 1:

01. Limelight
    02. Digital Man
    03. Entre Nous
    04. Mission
    05. Freewill
    06. The Main Monkey Business
    07. The Larger Bowl
    08. Secret Touch
    09. Circumstances
    10. Between the Wheels
    11. Dreamline

Extras:

01. What's That Smell (DVD Content)
    02. 2007 Tour Outtakes
    03. What's That Smell Outtakes
    04. Far Cry (Alternate cut featuring rear screen footage)
    05. The Way the Wind Blows (Alternate cut featuring rear screen footage)
    06. Red Sector A from the R30 Tour
    Disc 2:

01. Far Cry
    02. Workin' Them Angels
    03. Armor and Sword
    04. Spindrift
    05. The Way the Wind Blows
    06. Subdivisions
    07. Natural Science
    08. Witch Hunt
    09. Malignant Narcissism - De Slagwerker
    10. Hope
    11. Distant Early Warning
    12. The Spirit of Radio
    13. Tom Sawyer
    14. One Little Victory
    15. A Passage to Bangkok
    16. YYZ

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll definitely be getting this one. Thanks for the heads-up Spud.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

: ahhh, sweet memories :

I'll be picking up this FO-SHO!!
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I will want to check it out too. I am appreciating these guys more again after years of basically forgetting about them. I blame my re-awakening to them on T-Ross.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I love me some Rush.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait. These guys don't have the mass appeal as some groups, but they are by far in my opinion the most talented musicians out there. A fan since listening to my sisters 2112 album on vinyl when I was a kid......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I will want to check it out too. I am appreciating these guys more again after years of basically forgetting about them. I blame my re-awakening to them on T-Ross.
    Hey, don't mention it. If I can spread the message to just one other human being, then it's all been worth it

One of the last truly original bands out there today, sounding better than ever and with no sign of slowing down - just picking and choosing when to record/release and album/DVD, tour etc. Living life and making music on their own terms and loving every minute of it.

An inspiration. :
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Do doubt, this is getting added to my collection!
    Rush is one of my all time favorite bands, and Neil Peart is without a doubt, without peer as a drummer.
    www.myspace.com/reubenadkins

"Your label could be here"...........Danny Gatton

Post Thanks / Like

Default More Rush news

From DPRP

RUSH: Hot on the heels of last week's news regarding the Snakes & Arrows DVD release, is the announcement of another in the series of Rush compilations. December will see the release of Retrospective 3 and will feature, (and thus conclude obligations), tracks from their time with Atlantic Records.

Disc 1: (CD)

01. One Little Victory (remix)
    02. Dreamline
    03. Workin' Them Angels
    04. Presto
    05. Bravado
    06. Driven
    07. The Pass
    08. Animate
    09. Roll The Bones
    10. Ghost Of A Chance (live)
    11. Nobody's Hero