Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Bass Day: Spector Performer 4 DLX
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Bass Day: Spector Performer 4 DLX

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Bass Day: Spector Performer 4 DLX

Yes, you read that subject correctly. I posted in the Getting down to bassics thread that I had seen a Spector Performer 4 DLX on eBay for a screaming price. Normally the MSRP is $549, sale price is $399, this was going for $179. The seller is The Perfect Bass, a shop out of LA that is a sponsor for the TalkBass forums. I've wanted a Spector since the 80s, but didn't think I'd be able to afford one. Granted, this is their low-end made-in-China version, but still. Basically it's new old stock.

I left Sunday afternoon to go to a pastors' conference, but put this one in My eBay. I checked the site on my PDA right about the time the auction was about to end. I bid on it and got it! Here's a link to the auction. It's got a basswood body with figured maple top in a see-through red color that I've always loved. It's got two EMG-SSD soapbars. The contact at The Perfect Bass is going to call me tomorrow morning to get my info.

Yeah! I'm going to be a bass player again! There goes my Christmas money a couple months early!
    Last edited by marnold; October 14th, 2008 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Corrected MSRP--as if anyone cares
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats - HNGD to you!!!

I guess that should be HNBD!!!
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Now we need to hear some screaming bass solos from the Pastor!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Score!

Marnold,

You will need a bass amp.

I suggest that you look at the new offering from Marshall that I got: the MB30 for 199 or the MB15 for less. They are incredible. Not advertizing for anyone.

The MB30 has a line out to the board or PA and would work prefect in church. You probably could just run it straight out. These are great amps and very portable. For less than two hundred.

The tone is incredible. Incredible versitality with two channels, clean and drive, manual compression with adjustable dial on the MB30, three voices with a level dial for the voices, boost, all sorts of neat things and they look GREAT with black amp covering and white caps on the knobs; looks awesome. Steel speaker grill for protection during portability and around children, careless people, accidents, etc.

Seriously dude, pastor, this is worth comparing and I think you will know what I mean. Plus if you get a five string later it will handle the low B; most small amps won't and probably a lot of the big ones. Just not designed for that low B wavelength.

Congrats on the bass. I know you have been wanting one. My inexpensive new Squire Affinity Jazz bass I bought sounds great and I picked up a really inexpensive used affinity P bass that sounds great but that I am going to hot rod.

I can feel the vibe of your excitement. Earth is not heaven but maybe this bass came from the road to heaven or is on the road to heaven or will get somebody else on the road to heaven. Sounds like more than coincidence. The hand of God may have reached in there dude . . . . .

Best wishes with the transaction and homecoming!

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Rev. Rawk! That is a beautiful bass.:

You do realize of course that we're gonna have to change your nickname to "Rev. Rumble.":
    Last edited by Katastrophe; October 15th, 2008 at 04:55 AM. Reason: added more goofiness
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Yeah! I'm going to be a bass player again! There goes my Christmas money a couple months early!
    In the words of another jolly fat man, "Ho, ho, ho, Merry Christmas!" Enjoy her Rev!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, Matt! And what a price!! : :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very nice Matt! Congrats on the good score!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    You do realize of course that we're gonna have to change your nickname to "Rev. Rumble.":
    I've been called worse things

Just got off the phone with the guy from The Perfect Bass about it. Hopefully I'll have a tracking number later today!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Wow, congrats!

Spectors are kinda "bassist's basses," if you know what I mean. Respected among bassists but not as well to guitarists as companies like Fender or Ric that do both guitars and basses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    I can see it now... Reverand Rumble has GAS!

Congrats Bass Master Paster :
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it got shipping out this afternoon. So fresh that FedEx doesn't even have a guesstimated delivery time. I figure Tuesday probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Wow, congrats!

Spectors are kinda "bassist's basses," if you know what I mean. Respected among bassists but not as well to guitarists as companies like Fender or Ric that do both guitars and basses.
    Yep. Although Spector only relatively recently started making guitars. Spector basses were really popular in the late 80s. Ned Steinberger originally designed the body shape--thus the "NS" body. The company was sold to Kramer which owned it for about 5 years before going belly-up. Stuart Spector managed to win back the right to use his own name.

Even though I have nothing per se against the Jazz and Precision body styles, I'm really glad to have an NS. It is well known that my tastes in guitars can tend to be a little, erm, non-traditional. Some of the made-in-the-U.S. Spectors can be astronomically expensive. This one is low-end but has some high-end features.

Post Thanks / Like

Bbbbbbuuuuutttttt....it's only got 4 straings.

Congrats. Looks like we might have NGD on the same day next week except I'm getting two.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman

Maybe we should take up a collection so he can purchase the missing strings. And if donations flow in, we'll make it a 12 string.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

True, but if you'd weigh the strings, they weigh more than my six-string-set. I like to think of it as giving me a 33% less opportunity to suck. It does have 24 frets for all my Billy Sheehan tapping licks I actually thought about looking into a five-string but I think I'm a four-string guy. Six strings (on a bass) are right out. I'd need those Lee Press-On Finger Extensions just to play the thing, to say nothing of reinforcing my spine.

Congrats. Looks like we might have NGD on the same day next week except I'm getting two.
    Oh sure, one-upsmanship (or is it one-UPS-manship).

The tracking info got updated. It's in Red Stick, LA, right now. They're saying it will be at my place on Monday! Huzzah! Guess who has Tuesday off! Guess who might be making a trip down to Green Bay to test some bass ampfs?

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Amp

Those new Marshalls are in the MF catalog. No advertizing just sharing because I like mine so much.

The MB60 w EC83 tube is 499 sixty watts.

The MB150 has a fifteen inch speaker and is 599.

Quite pricey. My little MB30 is really a great amp with a back panel having a line out, effects send and return, and footswitch jacks. 199. Nice little amp.

I also have a Fender Rumble 100 that is a neat heavy amp with some great tone, but inexpensive.

Good luck,

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Maybe we should take up a collection so he can purchase the missing strings. And if donations flow in, we'll make it a 12 string.

Post Thanks / Like

That's just crazy, Krash. Evidently he's been hanging around Rick Nielsen too long. That's a four-string bass with two octave strings for each fundamental string. It probably needs four truss rods. Here's more info on that crazy beast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast