Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The rat has landed

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome araT.

If you need more guitars with small necks check out a Musicman Luke sometime.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot everyone you guys are fabulous
    Oh, and a big thanks to Rocket & wingsdad, I'm going to go read it right now! I think you two have me sold on a Ricky

Radioboy: I've had a play of one, but the necks are EVEN bigger than a regular gibson neck, I agree they are beautiful, but I just wouldn't be able to play it sadly - a friend of mine owns one and I've drooled over it many times
    Last edited by araT; October 15th, 2008 at 06:35 PM.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Tara,

Welcome to the forum. As you have already found out, there are a lot of good folks here. Once you get situated in Canada, I am on the other side of Lake Erie (about a 5 hour drive). I've been taking trips up there this year, but that appears to be winding down. I love the area (I go to Georgetown right outside of Toronto.

The pic of gear is impressive and I must say you brought out the gift for gab with Rocket.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi just_strum! thanks for the warm welcome

I drove around the area a fair bit when I was up there in May/June, absolutely beautiful! I really can't wait to get up there!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
    pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
    -Stuart Wilde-

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend
    to view every problem as a nail."
    -Maslow-

"Religion is sitting in a church thinking about fishing.
    Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God."
    -Unknown-

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Tara
    I know you will like it here ©
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys You've brightened a rather crappy day!

I didn't get time to hit the guitar store today, work was chaos, but hopefully tomorrow or on the weekend!
    Ricky GAS is BAAAD! I want I want I want!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to TheFret, araT! Glad you joined us here, and I might add your guitar/amp/gear collection is awesome. Nice intro also.
    ( The Home Recording / Showcase is a nice place to post clips when your rockin' out and wanna share........... hint, hint.)
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by araT
    Thanks guys You've brightened a rather crappy day!

I didn't get time to hit the guitar store today, work was chaos, but hopefully tomorrow or on the weekend!
    Ricky GAS is BAAAD! I want I want I want!
    here's to a better day today....

gas is baaad....but oh so gooood!! : :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Fret. This is a great group of people. :

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the fret!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome - there's lots of room available. : :

This is a really nice place to hang and soak up some knowledge, and of course if you're willing, to share some of yours with the rest of the cast of guitar nerds that have allowed themselves to be caught up with the whys and hows of making music on a guitar.

Sorry for the long winded welcome - it's that time of the year :

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Fret!
    Cheers
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm welcomes I had a much better day today, still no time to sneak off to the guitar store though - I'll have to do it over the weekend!

Gil - not long winded at all, I'll help & share everything I know, the trick will be getting me to shut up ..and I'll definitely be sharing some recordings just as soon as I find the time to get my music PC up and running again

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome Tara

Sorry I'm late guys. I've been in the studio and haven't been able to check in for a while.
    Too much linear thought is bad for Art.

Post Thanks / Like

A belated Welcome and Cheers!
    -Steve

Guitars: Carvin BoltPlus-T, Floyd Rose DST-3, Xaviere XV870, Fender Acoustic
    Amp: Vox AD50VT 212, V-Amp 2
    Pedals/Effects: Wasabi Overdrive, HellBabe Wah, Digitech Hot Head, Danelectro Fab Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome araT!! Great to have you here!!

Nice collection of gear you have there:

Guitars: 99 Gibson ES-335,1985 Gibson Les Paul 59 Reissue,Schecter C1 Artist,Squire 51,Peavey Generation Triple/single EX,Fender Deluxe Fat Strat, Cortez Acoustic,Epiphone Acoustic.

Effects: Arion SCH-1 Chorus,Boss BD2,Bad Monkey,Boss DD3 Delay,Boss GE-7 EQ ,Arion SOD-1 overdrive,TC Electronic Nova Repeater Delay,Ibanez Tone-Lok DE7 Delay/Echo.

Amps: B52 AT-212 100watt all Tube ,FMJ SS(being restored),1=Epiphone Valve Junior Head and 2 matching Cabs, Hughes& Kettner Edition Blue 15DFX, Crate V18 112,Fender Super Champ XD,Fender 25R Frontman Series II.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard araT! Don't know how I missed your original post/intro

Anyway...

On your roadtrip from T.O. (aka Toronto, aka the Centre of the Universe) to jam with Robert in Alberta, you will have to drive past my place, so maybe you could pick me up on your way I'll buy the beer.

Look forward to chatting with ya on theFret.

Oh, if the T.O. thing doesn't work out, have a serious look West for your line of work - Vancouver would be a natural second choice, but there's lots of indie stuff going on in Saskatchewan and Alberta.

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again everyone, you sure are a lovely bunch!

ET355: Thanks, glad you enjoyed em!

t_ross33: You're on, we'll form an impromptu TheFret Canadian Jam session, hehehe, thanks for the advice on the job front, I really appreciate is as I'm really not sure where my best chances are - I'm sort of jumping in feet first & seeing what'll happen!

On a side note I heard from the Canadian Consulate today, hopefully I'll be there by July 2010

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast