Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The rat has landed - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The rat has landed

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by araT

On a side note I heard from the Canadian Consulate today, hopefully I'll be there by July 2010
    It takes that long to get in? I would come to the US, all you need is a note from your mother. Once here, all you need is a birth certificate and drivers license (you can buy one in the US) to get into Canada.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again everyone, you sure are a lovely bunch!
    you obviously haven't check out this thread (with the exception of cb, gg and a few wives, girlfriends and daughters)....

unfortunately some of the pics are no longer there!

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=4682
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Hahah, that's not a bad idea just_strum! but wouldn't I need to get a green card & all that crap first? They say it can take up to 2 or 3 years to get permanent residency in Canada, that's what I'm waiting on.

Warren: LOL, great thread, I'm at work right now or I'd add a couple of my own.. there's one at the beginning of this thread for a start, though

Post Thanks / Like

Belated welcome, Tara. hang in there. You'll get to this continent before you know it.

Just don't twell them you hang around here on the application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R.B. Huckleberry
    ust don't twell them you hang around here on the application.
    yep....that could be bad.... :
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha, or maybe it's not so bad - maybe they see how much money I'm pumping into the American ecomony hahahaha!

A little update, I went & bought myself a Rickenbacker 360/12 in Fireglo with 7.4K Toasters on Sunday - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=270292922975

Pics from the seller:

It should be here sometime between Wednesday & Friday YAY!!!

Thanks everyone for all your advice on the matter :

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice guitar Tara. Do we start calling you Ricky now?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

that's a beauty tara....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys... I'm failing miserably at killing time, can't wait till it's finally here

Post Thanks / Like

A little update, I went & bought myself a Rickenbacker 360/12 in Fireglo with 7.4K Toasters ...
    Woah...: You don't mess around. Nice lookin' 360/12, and looks like you nailed it at a good price, esp. in Aussie dollars. The 2 little dings are nuthin'. Congrats

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very, very nice! Congrats!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wingsdad
    Woah...: You don't mess around. Nice lookin' 360/12, and looks like you nailed it at a good price, esp. in Aussie dollars. The 2 little dings are nuthin'. Congrats
    Thanks wingsdad!! I owe most of it to you

Post Thanks / Like

Damn thats nice!

I love old Rick bass's, but I do have a soft spot for their guitars too and that one looks heaps cool. Gratz man

Good luck on all your relocation stuff too.
    (although it sucks that another Sydney fretter appears and then moves to Canada haha. I guess my secret identity stays secret for a while longer)

Post Thanks / Like

Ch0jin - I won't be moving for another 2 years, so there's plenty of time to sleuth you out where in sydney are you? I'm over in the east.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoops I spoke too soon :

I'm in Waterloo. (cue abba song)
    It's a bit ghetto, but it's cheap and close to loads of awesome venues

Post Thanks / Like

Right near where I work!! I'm on the corner of Maddox & McEvoy! (sometimes Waterloo, sometimes Alexandria, depending who you ask) You must have had a front row seat to that whole balcony saga eh? so sad.

Maybe one day we'll get together for a jam or something, if you want to get in touch hit me up at araT85@gmail.com!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow so close! I work on O'Dea Ave so pretty close by

Re: the Balcony thing. I'm kinda of crap at keeping up with current events, so I was more than a little freaked when as I approached my place there were cops everywhere. Cops everywhere is rarely a good sign...

Then I realised they were heading over the road and not into my complex so I had to check out the news and then I found out what had happened.

It'd be cool to have a jam some time, I dunno if there are any other ppl on here from Sydney we can drag along, but if there are that'd be cool too. Be warned though my fetish for guitars and amps is much stronger than my ability to actually use them.

Given your stash of guitars, are you playing in a band right now?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I drove right by it that morning and was wondering what the heck was going on, I figured it'd be one of the junkies.. one click on SMH revealed the tragic truth.. must have been real scary living across from it though.

Definitely not in a band, last attempt at that was high-school.. I actually work as a sound engineer (when I can find the work) heh.. though the job in Alexandria is I.T. - a far more reliable mistress. And my collection far outranks my skill, I figure they're safer than banks and much more fun I've been playing for about a decade, but never really put much into it, I've only been giving it serious energy last 2 or 3 years.

Damnit I can't wait for the Ric any more, it's tearing me up! I don't know how you lot order them from the factory & wait 2 or 3 years!

Post Thanks / Like

Damnit I can't wait for the Ric any more, it's tearing me up! I don't know how you lot order them from the factory & wait 2 or 3 years!
    We don't have to. This store is about 10 miles from my house:

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/ric/

Now if I only had the cash to afford one :

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast