Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The rat has landed - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The rat has landed

Post Thanks / Like

Not a 12-string player myself, but can still appreciate how FREAKIN' SWEET that guitar is!! Nice score, Tara! :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I had to wait close to 3 months for my Maton and that was the longest 3 months ever. There's no way I'd wait a year or years for, well anything. I'm impatient

Post Thanks / Like

tunghaichuan: Well aren't you lucky! I've been reading on the Ric forums and theres a thread there for people waiting for guitars they've ordered from the factory.. most odered them around April 2006 :

duhvoodooman: Thanks man - y'know they do a 6 string version of the same guitar, right?

The courier called this morning, it'll be here by midday tomorrow.. temptation to pull a sickie rising... rising!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by araT
    The courier called this morning, it'll be here by midday tomorrow.. temptation to pull a sickie rising... rising!
    tara....i can tell from the tone of your post that you aren't feeling well....i recommend you stay home tomorrow just to be safe.... : :
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Especially as it's a Friday! I can here you coughing from here!

I was away at Bluesfest last year during the last of the 12 weeks I had to wait for the Maton. I got back home on a Wednesday and Thursday morning the dude called and said it had arrived.

The best part was I didn't have to go back to work till the following Monday

So if I were you *cough* I'd be feeling pretty crook by this arvo.

hehe.

Post Thanks / Like

tunghaichuan: Well aren't you lucky! I've been reading on the Ric forums and theres a thread there for people waiting for guitars they've ordered from the factory.. most odered them around April 2006 :
    Well, I'm not really lucky. If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all

I'd like to have a Ric, but I'm broke so no go. Having 20 or 30 in a guitar shop near me doesn't help me

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are right *cough cough* I'd better rest so I'm better *sneeze* for the busy day I have on Monday *cough cough* Sickie here we come! - If the boss asks I'll say Dr. T. Fret recommended I take the day off :

tunghaichuan: Ok, not so lucky then, but if you did have the money for a Ric & the desire to buy one, you'd just have to step out of your door, no waiting time - that is pure luck my friend!

Post Thanks / Like

IT'S HERE!!! :

PHOTOBUCKET ALBUM HERE

Individual photos:

Updated family photo:
    Last edited by araT; November 6th, 2008 at 11:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmm, that thing is just a little bit pretty. Nice collection!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thats nice! (and now I get why they call them "toaster" pickups)

Is that a blue robot I spy there too?

Post Thanks / Like

sunvalleylaw: Thanks!

Ch0jin: thanks! haha yeah, very 'toaster' like.. I'm in love with it! I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet, but I've had a little play unplugged and WOW! That is indeed a Robot, one of the first-run ones.. very cool to watch those tuners move of their own volition! I love the paintjob on it, too..

Post Thanks / Like

...I'm in love with it! I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet, but I've had a little play unplugged and WOW! ...
    Congrats, tara...

Guess that means the fit/feel of the Rick's neck suits your hand size OK?

The rounded top of a 'regular' 360 (vs. the flatter bound top of a 'WB' like mine) does give it a bit more acoustic resonance and unplugged volume.

When you get to plug in, have fun with the little 5th knob...toggle switch set for both pups. And that would be 'just' in mono.

Post Thanks / Like

wingsdad: Absolutely spot on, this is definitely one of my fav guitars! - I don't quite know if it's stolen #1 from the AmStd tele yet, but it's closing ground!! I still can't thank you enough for steering some general GAS in the right direction, I owe the fact that I found this guitar to you.. Who'da thunk I'd find one here in Oz for $2000 AUD ($1300 USD) though, that was just too good to resist!

The neck is good, not the best neck for me but certainly manageable and I'm sure I'll get used to it and grow to love it!.. it's just a little bit too.. deep, does that make sense?

I can't wait to plug her in later today & have a good strum, it'll be even better when my 'Y' cable gets here and I can mess around with recording the Ric-O-Sound!

What a coincidence that they found the beatles secret 'Hard Day's Night' chord just days before I aqquired the appropriate guitar, I take that as a serious sign to go do some beatlesing

Once again, thank you thank you thank you :

Post Thanks / Like

... Who'da thunk I'd find one here in Oz for $2000 AUD ($1300 USD) though, that was just too good to resist!
    That was just serendipity at work with a sign it was time for you to get it. It wouldn't have been fair for you to wait and to save more like another $500-1000 USD.
    The neck ....just a little bit too.. deep, does that make sense?
    I think it's because the neck is so narrow for a twelve, the 'c' shape to it feels 'chunkier' since you need to 'arch' your fingers a bit more to get 'on top' of the strings...does that make sense?
    ... the beatles secret 'Hard Day's Night' chord ...
    All that music theory and math mularkey makes for nice cocktail party banter...but George actually revealed 'the secret' in an interview on the BBC right after the song/movie was out. He might have been kidding, of course. The chord was an accident, like the accidental discovery of the feedback that opens 'I Feel Fine' (John or George's EJ-160 leaning against an amp). George explained it came from dropping the Rick. Then they just tried stuff & built stuff on top of it. It wasn't rocket science.

Once again, thank you thank you thank you
    Once again, you're welcome.
    Have a blast with yours.
    Last edited by wingsdad; November 8th, 2008 at 10:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wingsdad
    That was just serendipity at work with a sign it was time for you to get it. It wouldn't have been fair for you to wait and to save more like another $500-1000 USD.
    Hahah, so true, before I found this one I was kicking myself that I hadn't started GASsing for one 6 months earlier, then I could have picked one up while I was in Toronto and the dollars were parity. Absolutely serendipitous.

I think it's because the neck is so narrow for a twelve, the 'c' shape to it feels 'chunkier' since you need to 'arch' your fingers a bit more to get 'on top' of the strings...does that make sense?
    It does make sense, and I'm getting used to it quickly! it's nothing unmanageable like on all the other 12s I've tried over the years.

All that music theory and math mularkey makes for nice cocktail party banter...but George actually revealed 'the secret' in an interview on the BBC right after the song/movie was out. He might have been kidding, of course. The chord was an accident, like the accidental discovery of the feedback that opens 'I Feel Fine' (John or George's EJ-160 leaning against an amp). George explained it came from dropping the Rick. Then they just tried stuff & built stuff on top of it. It wasn't rocket science.
    Very true, it was all very experimental which makes it even harder for us laymen to replicate.. George actually dropped his Rick repeatedly to achieve a sound? ouch :

Once again, you're welcome.
    Have a blast with yours.
    Oh I am! hope you're having a great weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

Tara, A very late welcome. I'm rather new to the forum myself. Nice job on the Ric. Now you just need to post some samples. What is your favorite type of music to play?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234