Thread: AD30 out - POD 2 in?

Post Thanks / Like

Default AD30 out - POD 2 in?

Soon I'll have my hands on the Peavey Nano valve which sounds great for home practice (plenty enough clean volume - as loud as the AD30 at home) and thinking of expanding its capabilities by also having a 1x12 cab for it. I have a selection of pedals too. If I do this space will be an issue so I was thinking of selling the AD30 and getting a POD 2 (cant stretch to an XT) for headphone use (which is most of the time), running into the nano valve and also into the CD in on my marshall MB15. I tend to use my toneport most times for practice but sometimes get a little fed up with fiddling around on screen. Dont really like the pocket pod.

Is this a sensible course of action or am I just bored on a damp miserable sunday and need some GAS stimulation?
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Post Thanks / Like

i have never used a pod but i have a rp250 and it is great for headphone use, and also sounds pretty good in front of my valve jr.

the x-edit software you can get for it (for free) makes it incredibly easy to use....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Been thinking, and Im not going to do it. For one thing I cant be bothered going through the rigmarole of selling it, I do like the sounds out of the vox and I use the toneport so Ive got PC modelling/recording noodling covered (again when I can be bothered). I might upgrade the speaker and fit a breakout connection on the back of the vox enabling me to either run the vox out to a larger cab if needed or run the peavey IN to the vox speaker (i.e use it as a cab in its own right). I should be trying to actually play better rather than messing with gadgets...............but again at the minute Im a little fed up and depressed and when that strikes, I just dont play. It usually passes.

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I changed my mind again. Sold the AD30 and got one of the latest model pod 2 (which takes the FBV footswitch). Circumstances had a lot to do with this as sadly my wife and I are separating and I am moving into a small apartment so amps arent the best idea really. Pod and headphones for the foreseeable I think, though I'll keep hold of the Nanovalve and my pedals for a while longer. The Pod ticks all the boxes I need right now

Amps Behringer GM110