Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
RC 2 Looper and key?

Thread: RC 2 Looper and key?

Post Thanks / Like

Default RC 2 Looper and key?

Hello,

I have the Boss RC-2 looper pedal and in position 9 the programmed jam appears to be in the key of G with the two chords of the jam being G/C. When I jam with a lead in E it sounds right and a lead in G sounds just ok. Can anyone explain that to a somewhat newbie like me?

Thank you.
    M29

Post Thanks / Like

I cant believe I know this:

Thats because E is the relative minor 5th to G
    You could also play a G chord and an E chord together(same time) and it would sound good.
    This is the circle of fifths...its got multiple uses, and Ive seen several different versions to this one(the ones I use are easier to use)...but everybody should have one of these printed out on a wall to refer to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    I cant believe I know this:

Thats because E is the relative minor 5th to G
    You could also play a G chord and an E chord together(same time) and it would sound good.
    This is the circle of fifths...its got multiple uses, and Ive seen several different versions to this one(the ones I use are easier to use)...but everybody should have one of these printed out on a wall to refer to.

Therefore a lead in "Am" will sound great over the "C" chord of the jam.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Gottcha: Thanks a million. Just when I thought I knew it all: :

M

Post Thanks / Like

OK M29... now we need clips!
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man here we go............I will see what I can do...........

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to it. :

I bought a cheap (inexpensive) camera this summer, I should learn how to edit properly and post something too. I've been really into fellow Fretters posts and how the YouTube community reacts. For the most part, folks are ok... but you do get some riff raff out there.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus