Thread: Carry bag for gear?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Carry bag for gear?

Hello All,

I was curious what you guys are using to carry all your cords and pedals and what not? I am sorry if this was already covered but I cannot get the search funtion to work.
    I am going to jam with some guys this weekend for the first time with a guitar and may end up doing this more down the road and wondered if you guys have found a certain gym bag, camera bag or something else that works good to carry this stuff around in.
    Also, I am going to be taking some stuff with me on vacation camping this summer like my Tascam guitar trainer which I just love along with some cords and stuff and need something that is somewhat rugged or durable so nothing gets damaged being moved around a bit.

Your help would be greatly appriciated.

M29

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a regular backpack for cables and stuff. I have all my pedals in my home made pedal board.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I go to the thrift stores and buy Samsonite or American Tourister luggage. Get the most heavy duty shell you can find with a dividing panel inside. That way you can separate pedals from other stuff. Total cost should be around $4. It's a bargain!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a hockey bag (again, I'm a Canuck - what can I say, eh?). It's a bit larger than a regular gym bag and has wheels on one end like a rollerboard suitcase. I can stuff in my Vox AD30DT, amp stand, pedal board, pedals, numerous cables, note books, tuner, string winder, harmonica, picture of my dog, a six-pack....

It gets pretty heavy, but at least I can pull it along and everything is in one place.

Might look for something else with better protection/durability if we start playing more, but works good for now.
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by t_ross33
    I use a hockey bag I can stuff in my picture of my dog, a six-pack....
    TR
    That is so cool that you take a picture of your dog with you. I wish I would have thought of that because my dog hates getting stuffed into suitcase. It's getting so that he won't go to gigs with me any more.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got an old 40's-50's tweed suitcase that I picked up at a second hand store. It was in great shape when I got it, just dirty from years of use. I gently scrubbed the tweed, and now it looks really good. The leather trim is in suprisingly good shape too. I shaped my pedal board so that it would fit inside the case, and there's still room in it for cords, straps, and other miscellaneous stuff.

No retro vintage stuff here...it's the real deal...

Post Thanks / Like

Our setlist notebook fits in the space behind the speakers of my combo amp, along with my superuberultimatehightech powerstrip from Radio Shack. Cords, power plug and RP80 fits in the front pocket of my gig bag for the ESP. That's how I roll!

My other guitar player has a bigger version of the RP80 (RP200???), so he packs everything away in a backpack and slings it over his shoulder...
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40