Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New BYOC Fuzz Pedal

Thread: New BYOC Fuzz Pedal

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I vote #2.

As for colors, I think Sonic Blue or Robin's Egg Blue would look pretty cool.

tung

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Tung got me started thinking about how I'll finish this pedal, so I started noodling on the Who/Townshend connection of this vintage effect and came up with a basic concept. Now I just have to decide how I want the graphics to look. I've got that pretty well defined, but I'm undecided on the font to use for the word "FUZZ". Take a look at my 4 candidates on the graphic attached, and let me know which one you like:

Haven't decided if I'll paint the pedal white, as these mock-ups show, or some other very light color, like perhaps a cream or very light blue, or maybe even my "standard" silver metallic. Open to suggestions....
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

As an ex-sign maker...it's clean and legible.

The drop shadow on #1 has little effect from any distance. The cartoon font in #4 is too erratic. #3 just seems too unbalanced.

Are you going to have any copyright issues using 'you know who's' likeness?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    i was thinking the same thing....i voted for #2 too....
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

: Didn't think of that, good call.

DVM: do you know someone who could do a custom image for you?

tung

Post Thanks / Like

Fair question, but I wouldn't think so--I found this same image plastered all over the internet when I did a Google image search (try "Townshend windmill" and you'll see what I mean). Besides, at this point, the pedal is a "one-off" for personal use.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

here you go....it's a close approximation to the original image....i'll even give you the copyright for a couple of them there pedals you build!!

and yes....the pic was taken just moments ago by my lovely 9 year old daughter! it's nice to be wearing shorts (plaid of course) and no shoes in my living room with the windows wide open during october!! :

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

My eyes....my eyes!!!

P.S. Terrible weather up here--pouring rain and mid-30's yesterday. This morning, several cars in our parking lot belonging to employees living in the "hill towns" around here had 3 or 4 inches of snow on them! Now that may not be unusual for this time of year for the "Rocky Mountain High" Fretters, but it sure is around here....

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    P.S. Terrible weather up here--pouring rain and mid-30's yesterday. This morning, several cars in our parking lot belonging to employees living in the "hill towns" around here had 3 or 4 inches of snow on them! Now that may not be unusual for this time of year for the "Rocky Mountain High" Fretters, but it sure is around here....
    It's about 73 degrees here in Colorado.

It's supposed to be nice on Halloween, but usually it's nice and warm right up until the day of Halloween and then it gets cold and rainy

tung

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I like #1, but agree with Spuds point, so #2 it is.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's an audio clip I recorded with this pedal. Done using my '89 Strat Plus on the neck pickup (CS Texas Special) though my Epiphone Valve Jr. into a Drive 2x12 cab with Eminence Legend speakers. Mic'ed into my sound card and recorded with Audacity. Pedal settings were Balance (volume) at 9 o'clock and Expander (fuzz/gain) at about 1:30. After a brief "clean" intro, I played some (mostly) familiar riffs in pairs, first on the lefthand setting of the tone switch (heavy mids) and then on the right (bigtime mid-scooped/heavy bass). Here's the link:

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL @ 1:04

Forget Wayne's World. Thats the original "can I help you" riff right there

Not a bad sounding fuzz though DVM. I'm not a fan of the thinner tones, but the thicker settings sounded pretty good, and I'm betting a HB equipped guitar would make it pretty close to perfect for my tastes