Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Washburn Idol Prototype w/P90's-SOLD!

Thread: Washburn Idol Prototype w/P90's-SOLD!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Washburn Idol Prototype w/P90's-SOLD!

SOLD

I've made the decision to sell my Washburn Idol Prototype. Why am I selling it? I just can't get used to the P90 sound. She plays really sweet and when listening to it recorded, it does sound kinda good. But, I just can't stand that P90 buzz. I've done everything I can to quieten the buzz, but from what can read from others, it's just the nature of the P90 beast.

The guitar has a very nice black finish with cream colored binding on the body and neck. The neck is rosewood. There are minimal playing scratches in the clear coat, probably could be buffed out.

The Idol has P90's in it, but I did replace the factory bridge pickup with a Seymour Duncan Hot P90. I also replaced the cheap Asian pots with CTS 250k audio pots and a couple of nice caps that Mudcat sent me. I've also shielded the entire pickup cavity with copper foil and rewired everything with grounding to the bridge ground wire and to the pickup cavity.

I replaced the gold top knobs with metal chrome knobs, because I broke one of the gold tops when working on the pots. Actually, I think it looks better with the chrome knurled knobs. If you want, I'll throw the old gold top knobs in. I'll also include the factory bridge pickup and will include a gig bag.

Here's a couple of pics:

I know what I've got in this baby, with it's cost, plus the new pickup and pots. I'm asking $150, plus the cost of shipping via UPS.

If you're familiar with P90's or want to get into the business, you won't go wrong with this baby. She's a real sweet player, but as I said, I just can't get used to that sound.

If anyone's interested, I wouldn't mind trading for a good Strat copy with the traditional SSS pickups (already have a Yamaha with HSS) and a rosewood neck. Or, even a good semi-hollow, 335 copy.
    Last edited by bigoldron; October 27th, 2008 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Sold!

Post Thanks / Like

This baby is SSSOOOOLLLLLDDDDDD!!!!!!!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I just realized, I now have a guitar with a point. Well, have take the Dremel to that point when it arrives.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I just realized, I now have a guitar with a point. Well, have take the Dremel to that point when it arrives.

I'll point your head!!! :

At least she's black... :

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    I'll point your head!!! :

At least she's black... :
    Hey, I like that avatar.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Strum! She's a beaut!
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    Congrats Strum! She's a beaut!
    Thanks, it's a Washburn, but maintaining the dark side.

What did you say your name was?:
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

cool strum....that's your 2nd p90 guitar isn't it....and to think you almost gave up on p90's! : :
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Dark Side
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I like that avatar.
    Thanks, my friend! I'm paying tribute to the greatest Southern Rocker who ever lived. Last week was 31 years ago that the plane went down. Fly on Free Bird!

It was either that or a sign that said,

You can't make me grow up!