Thread: Fret wire of the CV 50's Strat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fret wire of the CV 50's Strat

Hello!

I took a closer look at the fret wire of my CV 50's Strat. And then I compared them to my other guitars. What I found out is, that the fret wire seems to be more flat / square than on my other guitars. I drawed a sample picture. On the left side you see the look of my CV fret wire, on the right the normal known by my other guitars. Ok, it's not that extreme, but the picture should make the difference clear.

To make it clear: They ar as high (or even higher) than my other's guitar fretwire, but the top is more flat than round.

Does your fret wire look like these too?
    Last edited by Guitar-Chris; October 31st, 2008 at 02:54 PM.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Hm, was my drawing that bad?

No other CV User that has take a look at the fret wire?
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

On the 2 CV Teles that I spent weekends with, the frets where what Id call jumbo and then shaved down like they were leveled planed...which kinda gave them that squared boxy profile instead of a roundness.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the world of medium Jumbo Frets. That seems to be the trend in most guitars today.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    On the 2 CV Teles that I spent weekends with, the frets where what Id call jumbo and then shaved down like they were leveled planed...which kinda gave them that squared boxy profile instead of a roundness.
    Thanks for your answer, that's exactly the way they look.
    Greetings

Christian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Welcome to the world of medium Jumbo Frets. That seems to be the trend in most guitars today.
    That's true, but all of the other medium jumbos I've got have the same width, but are much rounder at the top, so that the string only touches a very small top of the wire. On the CV the string touches a wider range of the fretwire top.

In the moment it don't have effect on the sound, but I was wondering if this way of fretwire-finishing is normal or has effect on the intonation.
    Last edited by Guitar-Chris; November 6th, 2008 at 10:57 AM.
    Greetings

Christian