Thread: epiphone sg?

Post Thanks / Like

Default epiphone sg?

this guitar is on my local craigslist.... does anyone know anything about this model?

all the epiphones i've seen have the standard epiphone logo....this one is different....

http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/903049142.html

just curious....
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

thats legit , It's from the "E" series.
    they had names like slasher , brat...ect..
    the sg version (posted) is called the "Bully"

I remember a thread on some forum about them not too long ago
    guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see a pic.

Edit, now I do - stay away from it - CRAP!!!
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

andy is right....just googled epiphone bully....it's an asian model and has a laminate body....not solid wood....with high output humbuckers....not for me...i'm gonna pass....
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    not for me...i'm gonna pass....
    You are wise beyond your years!... good call :
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    You are wise beyond your years!... good call :

no one could be that wise.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Link to LP's

I really like that crackle finished Epi LP. Do they still make them? That is one awesome looking LP.

Never heard of the "E" series before, like that. I've heard of the "EE" plant, the supposedly Epi owned Chinesse plant that is operated by American mgt and runs great, circumventing the massive communications problems present when trying to carry on business with contract guitar operations owned by big Chinesse companies. Communications ends up with things like "LG's" and Epiclones. Overall though those Chinesse factories make some nice guitars, especially the EE, UC, and the CY plants.

That LP looks great.

Duffy
    Last edited by Duff; November 5th, 2008 at 05:52 AM.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

That series didn't last long. Definitely designed to capture the middle school rivethead market.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    That series didn't last long. Definitely designed to capture the middle school rivethead market.
    yeah after a little research....definitely not the direction i want to go....