Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
How big is yours?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How big is yours?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How big is yours?

No, not that one, I mean your Television Set!

We have a 32" LCD TV/Monitor. It's by Acer. Works really good but gets kinda hot.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been wanting a new set for a while, but the old 32' tube jobby keeps on ticking so I find it hard to justify replacing it just yet. I do want a new widescreen tele, but it seems the longer I wait, the more reasonable the prices get.

I thought that I'd go LCD for sure, but now I'm thinking Plasma... time will tell. Once I get a new set though, I'll have to get a new HD PVR, so the $$$ doesn't end with the purchase of the TV.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

ummm... [grin]

60 something inches? it's kinda big, or something.

the one in the bedroom is little. but we watch 3/4 of our tv in the living room.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Sixty-one inches. Say hello to my "Great Wall of Testosterone".

Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

42" LCD Flat Screen. It's nice with movies and our cheapie surround sound.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

42" Samsung Plasma. Fed by a custom made HTPC (assembled and configured by moi) and feeding sounds to a set of Logitech Z5500D's.

I love it! Hundred of movies and TV shows, not to mention music and stills all at my fingertips. The Logitechs are actually THX certified and as a result sound amazing well balanced compared to many "all in one" style home theater kits even though it's got a sub you could park a car inside

Downside is I like my lounge so much now I'm shopping for either an Epi VJ or a Champ repro (as I've posted elswhere) for the lounge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    No, not that one, I mean your Television Set!
    I think I've heard of those. Some people call them tee vees right? What are they for?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I just recently got an RCA 42" LCD 1080p...I think I got a good deal *shrug*

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    I've been wanting a new set for a while, but the old 32' tube jobby keeps on ticking so I find it hard to justify replacing it just yet. I do want a new widescreen tele, but it seems the longer I wait, the more reasonable the prices get.

I thought that I'd go LCD for sure, but now I'm thinking Plasma... time will tell. Once I get a new set though, I'll have to get a new HD PVR, so the $$$ doesn't end with the purchase of the TV.

We have a hand me down one about like that from a buddy of mine that upgraded to some huge obnoxious one that I get to watch on guys movie nights.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

46" LCD TV. It was a super speial offer, as we sell this kind of stuff in the company I work for. We rarely watch TV, so I thought of giving it to my mother and her husband and buying something smaller.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Syntax Õlevia LT30DV - 30" LCD / 1280x768
    Accepts 480i/480p/720p/1080i via component video inputs - down-converts 1080i to 720p
    DVI or DVI-HDCP + VGA + Composite Video + S-Video + Component Video - YPbPr and YCbCr
    (has a dual NTSC/PAL receiver with PIP with one RF cable F-type connector)

Bought back in 2004 when I was living in New York City. Works well, but does get hot.

It's especially useful to play Gran Tursimo 4 using a wheel from across the room :

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I think I've heard of those. Some people call them tee vees right? What are they for?
    They're for wasting time you should spend practicing
    I haven't had a telly since 1993. Just one of those things I never got around to replacing, really.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

32" Hyundai Widescreen LCD HDTV in living room, and 21" Hitachi Flatscreen tube SDTV w/ Zenith HDTV converter in bedroom. Don't have any HDTV content other than OTA HDTV. Thinking about subscribing to Dish HDTV in the near future.
    Guitars (All Lefty): Fender MIM Wine Red Telecaster
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Greg Bennett (Samick) Avion AV3/LH/CS
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Fullerton Deluxe Dreadnought
    Amp: Blackheart BH1HS Killer Ant Half Stack (Bitmo Ant Eater Kit)
    Crate V18-112 (Goodsell RGM Speaker / Accutronics Tank / Switch R4 - R10 Mod)
    Pignose G40V (Jensen MOD Speaker / DC Heater Mod / Pentode:Triode Switch)
    Fender Champion 30 Reverb (Accutronics Tank / Jensen MOD Speaker)
    Speaker Cab: Lopo 1x12 Tweed Convertible w/ Eminence GB128 Speaker
    Pedals: Korg ToneWorks AX1000G, AX5G, & AmpworksG Modeling Signal Processors
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
    Alesis NanoVerb
    ART Tube MP Studio (OPA2604 Op Amps) (On Champion 30)
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

well so far I guess I win the biggest tool wins the pool prize....ours is 65"

JVC AV-65WP74 65-Inch Widescreen HD-Ready Projection TV it was free.....the lady that gave it to us said one of the color tubes was out...turned out to be the convergence chip....cost me $250 bucks to get it fixed....had it for over a year now....definitely got my moneys worth out of it. NASCAR looks really cool on a big tv. :-)
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

When I graduated from military college and moved in with my GF, we had a 12" tube. But I didn't watch TV at all back then.

One weekend while she was working, I saw an add in the paper for a 36" tube for $300 - for me, that was huge. I went to go buy it to surprise her when she got home, I was going to be all lounging around watching it when she got home.

Well I had her car that day which was actually her grandmother's because her last car was totalled in a no-fault accident and she was still waiting on insurance money. A 95 I think Oldsmobile.

I bust into Circuit city, pick out the monstrosity, pay for it and the guys bring it out back to meet me. They say "uhh do you have a friend with an SUV?" - no (we just moved up there and didn't know anyone). "well you'll have to pay for delivery then because there's no way this is fitting in that car."

The box was easily 4ftx4ft if not more, no way it was going into the truck or in one of the doors.

The circuit city guys told me they couldn't help me, so they left me outside with the box and my car. I tried to take the TV out of the box but it was way too heavy and awkward for one person to handle. So I slid it up the side of the and it couldn't go into the door. I started throwing my shoulder into it to get it to fit into the car and it would budge a little at a time. After the 10th consecutive hit, it finally slid in. I was exhausted...

I had to drive home with one hand on it becuase it kept slamming into the door on the way home.

I get to my apartment at the time and realize I live on the 3rd floor, and there are no elevators.... and I won't be able to get it out of of the freakin car.

After 2 hours of intense thinking and physical labor, I got the TV from the car into my apartment.

By the time my girl got home I was passed out and couldn't move in front of the TV, so the ultimate plan worked, but the TV has a little scratch on the side (can barely notice it).

So yeah, I still have a 36" tube and it does the trick. I'd love one of the flat-panels to hang over my fireplace but a guitar is in the budget before a TV is.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Glacies, what a story! Wow!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glacies
    I'd love one of the flat-panels to hang over my fireplace but a guitar is in the budget before a TV is.
    Wasn't that one of the 10 commandments?

"Thou shall not buy a TV before a guitar"
    Last edited by Jimi75; November 4th, 2008 at 09:12 AM.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Glacies, what a story! Wow!
    Complete with horrible grammar and everything. Was I drunk when I wrote that? Jeez, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Wasn't then one of the 10 commandments?

"Thou shall not buy a TV before a guitar"
    I think it was on the 3rd tablet that Moses dropped

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast