Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you tried Brossard picks?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you tried Brossard picks?

I just ordered a bone and ebony pick. I have heard a lot about these. Maybe I should have ordered a set with more variety, since there are other materials that would be interesting to try.

www.brossardpicks.com

Have you tried Brossard picks and if so, what do you think of them?

I'll let you know what I think once I've tested them.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow how did you decide:

Post Thanks / Like

I just thought bone and ebony sounds like fun! I probably should have ordered a bigger pack with more material options, but oh well.

I find I'm very picky about picks, so I'm looking forward to trying these. The pick makes a big impact on my tone, when I play.

Pick a good pick - be picky!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been playing the same pics (Dunlop nylon .88's) forever, and I'm constantly scattering them everywhere I go.......................I have a big bag of them (probably several hundred) that I just reach in to grab and go.

I couldn't use a really nice keeper pick - I'd lose it somewhere the first day.
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't buy into the expensive pick theory, like those V picks or whatever the hell they are called. I'd probably buy finger weights ( )before spending money on expensive picks.

Never read anywhere about any well known guitarist using $15 to $45 picks - If it doesn't do anything for them, it won't do anything for me. I smell a scam when it comes to things like this.

Give me different size Stubby's and I'm happy.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

To me, the pick is extremely important. Whether it's 10 cents or 10 bucks is a different issue, but it has to work for me or else I will hate playing with it. I am always looking out for new interesting picks, and these look interesting indeed. The problem with expensive picks is that is sucks to lose them! It's so easy to misplace plectrums. There is no scam with these kinds of picks - they are hand made, not mass-produced - hence the price tag.

The only picks I would ever use at this point is either V-picks or Dunlop Gator 2mm. Any other picks I've tried in the last 10 years are just wrong for me.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert

The only picks I would ever use at this point is either V-picks or Dunlop Gator 2mm. Any other picks I've tried in the last 10 years are just wrong for me.
    And that is fine, I'm just stating my opinion of expensive picks. I think you can find an inexpensive pick ($0.50 to $3.00) that would match any of the expensive picks out there. IMHO of course, but I've proven time and time again I'm never wrong
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not picky about picks at all...................as long as they are Dunlop Nylon .88's.

Many years playing them, and they're like an old pair of shoes.

I've seen a recent popularity in boutique picks. If they work for someone, it's all good. I just can't see spending that sort of money on a simple pick........I don't kick myself when I lose one of my Dunlops.
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plank_Spanker
    I'm not picky about picks at all...................as long as they are Dunlop Nylon .88's.
    you can have any color car you want, as long as it's black.

........I don't kick myself when I lose one of my Dunlops.
    I do, I'm cheap - I lost a few Stubby's and I keep searching for them. Won't go to the music store because it requires fuel. Won't buy them on the web because you have to pay shipping (Sweetwater doesn't carry them).
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Many years playing them, and they're like an old pair of shoes.

I've seen a recent popularity in boutique picks. If they work for someone, it's all good. I just can't see spending that sort of money on a simple pick........I don't kick myself when I lose one of my Dunlops.
    I have developed a Dunlop .88 habit myself, but Green Tortex. I tried some of the nylon ones, but they just weren't for me. I also like the purple 1.14s for my acoustic, and sometimes on my electrics. But usually the green .88s. I have not tried the Brossards or V-picks. I lose stuff like that too easily.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Someone sent me a V pick and it just seemed like any other pick that was that thick. It was clear so it got lost real quick. Probably sitting right in front of me, but I can't see it.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Well Strummy, I have not ever seen a pick made out of bone, rosewood or ebony for $3.00. You probably mean that the cheap picks would work just as well as the expensive picks for some one playing guitar. Maybe, maybe not. That's up to each and everyone to determine I guess since it is so subjective - I would prefer to like the cheap nylon picks, but I just do not like them. That doesn't mean I'm gonna like the expensive ones any better - they could be a waste of money. I'm about to find out soon. I do like the Gator 2mm, but I find they wear down very fast. Not really a big problem I guess, since they are cheap. I may just stick with them and buy a huge pile of them and never look back. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    And that is fine, I'm just stating my opinion of expensive picks. I think you can find an inexpensive pick ($0.50 to $3.00) that would match any of the expensive picks out there. IMHO of course, but I've proven time and time again I'm never wrong

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, no different than a guitar, amp, pedal or whatever - It's what you like. And I did mean same material. I have bone material here for making saddles and a strip cost about $2.00. Send me $45 and I will make you a $2.00 pick with a couple dollars of labor thrown in. Oh, that's US currency.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you're taking some heat on this Robert...................

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Planker, I guess I'll just shut up and enjoy whatever picks I find. I have no hidden agenda to try and convince anyone here, I was just looking for feedback for those who have tried these picks.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you're taking some heat on this Robert...................
    Am I coming off that way? If so, it certainly isn't meant that way. I'm sure Robert or anyone wouldn't agree on everything I buy (except the Fender Strat Deluxe)

Robert, please don't take offense to my comments, they are only opinion, nothing more.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Yeah, Planker, I guess I'll just shut up and enjoy whatever picks I find. I have no hidden agenda to try and convince anyone here, I was just looking for feedback for those who have tried these picks.
    Aw, shucks.......................we argue, but we still love you...............

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Robert, I sure hope you didn't take my comment that way. More power to you for your picks. I just am too likely to lose them to buy nice ones. I am sure you get good results with them.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, you can use the pick money towards something like this. I read up on it and then I saw the price - another item too rich for my blood.

http://www.musicgadgets.net/2008/03/...-artisan-amps/
    Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast