Thread: Any love for Silvercreek

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any love for Silvercreek

I just discovered these great acoustics for myself a couple of months ago. I found it on M. F. and haven't seen them anywhere else. It's an OO size. All solid tone woods. Solid Spruce top Solid Rosewood back and sides, and a chunky soft v neck. It is one of the most responsive acoustics I have ever played. Nice even tone at just a strum. Each note clear and separate. Came out of the case with intonation perfect, neck strait with just enough relief. Action is a bit high. Ill have it set up latter but not in a hurry at the time. It came with a Guardian hard case complete with Hydrometer. All for $399.00 shipped. Anybody else pick one of these up yet?

Post Thanks / Like

there is one on the local craig's list....silver creek d-160 for $225...

it is probably already gone by now....i have never heard of them until i saw the ad on craig's list...
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

"Silver Creek" is a store-brand name owned by Musician's Friend (Guitar Centers, Inc.)... like "Rogue", "Musician's Gear", and half-dozen others. Cheap generic crap is ordered from China and sold through the GC affiliate stores under their own brand names.
    If you order enough of them, you too can have your name on the headstock.

Post Thanks / Like

"Cheap generic crap is ordered from China"
    I think the days of that term having much merit have ended. It's a blanket generalization that is simply not true in this case. Have you played one? Do you have a friend that has one, Or maybe he has a friend that has one. Do you have any first second or third hand experience with what you are referring to? Just asking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt
    "Cheap generic crap is ordered from China"
    I think the days of that term having much merit have ended. It's a blanket generalization that is simply not true in this case. Have you played one? Do you have a friend that has one, Or maybe he has a friend that has one. Do you have any first second or third hand experience with what you are referring to? Just asking.
    I have to agree. It certainly doesn't apply to my Rogue PRS clone which feels and plays better than any PRS, out of about 30, that I have ever played.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

On the TalkBass forums there was also a thread where people were amazed at how good the Rogue six-string basses were. Judging from the looks of them, I always guessed that they were made by the same folks who make the low-end Ibanezes, but that's just a guess on my part.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I have one, they even threw in a free case. I have to say, its a good little guitar. Good sound for 250 bones.