Thread: Hagstrom Viking Standard, Review

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for responding. The guitar arrived yesterday and I was able to briefly check it out in the evening after work although as I mentioned I don't yet have an amp to plug into. The one thing that I noticed right away was that one each of the tone and volume knobs was loose. Aside from prying the pot shaft wider at the top I think the solution to the problem would be to replace the knobs as an easy fix. The loose knobs just seem to have a bit too large opening. Does anyone know if these pot shafts are course or fine splines? Also, just wondering if you guys registered your guitars with Hagstrom for warranty purposes?

Aside from the loose knobs the guitar looks great and for the money it looks like a lot of guitar. I'll post again about that once I have played it (with my limited abilities).

I'll gladly accept any advice on fixing the loose knobs and what the spline sizes are.

Thanks for the welcome Sunvalleylaw and I will try to post in the newbie section with an intro soon. BTW, I have the red Viking. I actually found Fret.net by doing an image search for Viking on Google and pictures of your guitar came up from this site.

Post Thanks / Like

If those shafts are split then gently take a flat blade screwdriver to them and very carefully put a little pressure in the split to make it wider. It doesn't take very much. If they are not split then try Teflon plumbers tape around the shaft and then put the knob back on. It shouldn't take much of this either.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.