Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Let's grow a beard
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's grow a beard

Post Thanks / Like

Default Let's grow a beard

Hey folks,

Once in a lifetime a man has to let his beard grow. Don't you think so, too? I think the idea is appealing to most men and most of my friends including myself have tried it. At least a 10 weeks grow. Unfortunately, I didn't make any pictures, but if the times is right and the moment feels good I'm gonna let a full beard grow again. It felt kind of cool, I knew that poeple were looking at me because of the beard, I felt like my appearance was let us say more serious (I trimmed the beard, it was not wildly growing). I had to cut it, because my wife didn't like the scratching.....shaving was a though thing because if you let your beard grow, you get used to it and in fact you do not want to shave the beard. In some way the outer appearance influences the inner appearance, in some way you change.

Nowadays, I wear a moustache plus chin beard, the pirate beard that you see in my avatar ;-)

How about you, have you ever let it grow? Do you have pictures you can show? What was your experience?

To all of you who never made that experience I suggest trying it. It's worth it! :

Jimi
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I tried facial hair...once. It wasn't pretty and all these really strange older chicks started hitting on me. I wasn't comfortable with that.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm currently growing mine out but ,,there is alot of grey happening!
    guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Post Thanks / Like

Mine grows in patches,but I've got a hippy elephant!Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Growed some out just before Halloween to compliment my pirate get up but I shaved it off after. It takes forever for my facial hair to grow out and it's not very thick so off it went. I don't want to look too old just yet either.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 43 years old and I still don't need to shave every day. I tried growing a beard once in my 30s, but the longer hair just made my face itch.

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I tried facial hair...once. It wasn't pretty and all these really strange older chicks started hitting on me. I wasn't comfortable with that.
    As Brian Krashpad says, old chicks are MILF-tastic. :

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

I have a full beard for 10 years. I keep it somewhat trimmed so I look "professional" enough for my job, but it's still a thick full beard. My skin never reacted well to shaving. I finally figured out that I didn't need to be doing that to myself every day, or ever again. I like the beard much better. My wife does too.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sumitomo
    Mine grows in patches,but I've got a hippy elephant!Sumi
    You are so twisted.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I grew a mustache once. I looked like a d*ck with it (no, not literally). Haven't tried again....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

i don't like a full beard but have had a goatee for over 20 years....it varies in length depending on my mood....from close shaven to 4 or 5 inches....i have kept it long for a number of years because i kept my hair really short (buzz cut) but now that i'm letting my hair grow out again i might keep it shorter....
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

at 15, I convinced a 25 year old girl I was 20 and she dated me for a week before she gave me the axe.

I also never got carded at a bar because I started growing all my wonderful facial (and body) hair in the 4th grade.

I have to shave everyday with that stupidly expensive stupid fusion thing from gillette or else it goes down to the floor.

I usually grow a winter Go-T but it's such a pain to trim that this year I might skip it, not sure. It'll get thicker than the hair on my head, which pisses me all off.

edit to clarify on the 25 year old
    Last edited by Glacies; November 7th, 2008 at 11:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I've done enough damage already...I mean...just look at me. You'd think I was Jo-Jo the dog-faced boy.

Post Thanks / Like

Full beard for ten years now. I had to shave it off twice because I accidentally slipped while trimming it.
    Patrick

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a mustache/chin hair (NBA style) for a number of years, but shaved it off about a year ago because it made me look old. With I look 54, without - 53.

Tried growing a beard once, but it only came in full on my cheeks - looked like an *** end of a poodle.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Radioboy I'll bet it costs you alot in soaps and shampoo.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

We'll i am 14, i have been shaving every 2 days or so since i was 12
    Victory to the teen:

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shredinator21
    We'll i am 14, i have been shaving every 2 days or so since i was 12
    Victory to the teen:
    Uhmm, I don't think we were discussing our legs.:
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Twenty years behind the beard for me. The price I paid for being a folk musician is my excuse. I've been beard free for about five years now. One day at a time
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast