Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Benefit Show

Thread: Benefit Show

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Benefit Show: Now with PIX!

If anyone's in north Florida, I gots a benefit gig next Thursday here in Gainesville:

Will post pics next week after the show. Should be fun. Lots of college hotties that would never be seen within a mile of one of our usual shows.
    Last edited by Brian Krashpad; November 14th, 2008 at 09:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Well, last night the side band, Hoyt and the HotHeads, finally had another show. Our bassist moved to another city about 100 miles away without actually telling any of us, but we had a total of 3 guitarists anyhow (me, the lead singer/rhythm guitarist, and a second lead player), so I shifted back to bass (I had been the original bassist in the band years ago, and then moved over to lead).

I was expecting a lot of people, but unless they turned up very late a lot of folks, who said they were coming on the facebook event page, were something less than truthful. Over a hundred people had confirmed that they'd be coming, and this is a small bar, so it would've been packed with that many in it. It wasn't packed. Kinda a bummer since it was a benefit show for a local homeless/hunger charity.

We went on first and had a pretty good set. I had a great time. The pix aren't that great, I had to hand the camera to someone who is just an acquaintance and hope for the best. Of course, after I did that one of our firends showed up who would've done a better job, and then the lead singer's sister showed up too, who also probably would've done a better job.

Oh well.

I consoled myself with the idea of taking a few crowd shots of the sorority types who did show up, after our set was done, only to find that the camera was now full! :facepalm:

I did take one such shot before we went on:

I'll now post some shots of us onstage, to be bumped with a few more as we go (there was an actual photographer there as well, and I have his e-mail, so if he sends me some shots, maybe evetually there'll be better ones than the crappy ones I currently have). As always, your derisive comments regarding my poseritude are greatly appreciated, and any questions will be gladly answered.

After we played some frat boys came on and did a mix of a Coldplay song, a Beatles medley they made sound like a Coldplay song, and a bunch of originals that sounded just like... wait for it... Coldplay. They were actually talented, but it was so derivative; they'll probably be the next big thing.

Than the Howlies from Atlanta came on. They were way better, great original rock with weird guitars. Both the guitarists were playing through Supers. One had what looked like an old single-pickup Melody Maker, but which was branded Epiphone, the other had some odd Fender with a single bridge singlecoil, Bronco maybe? Anyhow, they brought the rock, so if you're in Florida or Georgia and they come through, go check them out. Oh, and all 4 guys sang backing, and did it well. I woulda took pics of them, but the camera was full.

More pics of us in a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear of the lower than expected turnout Krash... it happens I guess. Good thing you gents are versatile enough that you could slide into the bass for the night.

Thanks for the update/pics...
    Cheers
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

i wish i could have made the trip but midweek is kinda tough....to bad about the turnout....hopefully it was still successful for the charity....
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    Good thing you gents are versatile enough that you could slide into the bass for the night.
    Jack of all trades, master of none!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Warren, I wouldn't expect anyone to drive that far, especially on a weeknight!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    Sorry to hear of the lower than expected turnout Krash... it happens I guess. Good thing you gents are versatile enough that you could slide into the bass for the night.

Thanks for the update/pics...
    Cheers
    I'll echo that. Not much else to say. I would have loved to have been there and bounced up and down, but the commute is a little much. Glad the set went well, and I hope you had fun back in your bass playing role.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Thanks Warren, I wouldn't expect anyone to drive that far, especially on a weeknight!
    normally i would have made the trip (it's only a couple of hours) but had some obligations with the kiddos (and they always come first)....next time man!
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you made out well and were able to switch gears into bass guitar.IF I still lived in S. Florida might have made the trip.still working toward that end but the way things are is does not look good.keeping the faith though
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb