Thread: Cool how to video of simple blues playing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cool how to video of simple blues playing

I got an email about this and then checked it out for myself... very cool video about blues soloing. I've been having a lot of fun with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84cEzgO4Qwk

The guy's also got the tabs and jam track available if you go to his website which is in the video description.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool-is that the B.B. Box?
    http://www.soundclick.com/sacco
    http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

Reverend of Rock n Roll .

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hagarfreak33
    Very cool-is that the B.B. Box?
    Actually no. He's showing the Albert King box. I find myself spending a lot of time there.

Here's a little more on the Albert King box:

As opposed to the B.B. King box:

Similar shapes, just different parts of the scale. B.B. also adds more "color notes" around the box that blend major and minor tonality. Using his example, the "color notes" would include the 10th and 12th frets on the G string and the 13th fret on the high E and B.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

That looks like a great exercise I'm going to give it a try. Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for posting it.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice thread jazz and nice addition Marnold.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

That was sweet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey, Robert, he has a Suhr!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The 4 note example is great, there is so much you can do with such little notes. Oftentimes we forget about that and solo our way up and down the fretboard

@Marnold:
    Stevie Snacks is a cool player. I have already watched a bunch of his videos. He has good talent to explain and show licks and tricks.

@Robert:
    Have you seen and heard that Suhr? Man the fever is taking possession of me, too.....
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice video! Thanks guys!

I need to calm down and practice this kind of playing more.
    I always end up running all over the fretboard when so much feeling can be wrung out of just a few notes, played right.:
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Did anybody else sign up for the rest of that guys lesson?

I did and he keeps sending me emails with other really cool lessons.
    Heres a link to some more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I did and he sent me some stuff too. I have not had a chance to watch it all.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson