I know that all musicians at one point or another fantasize about the ultimate gig that they have always wanted. I would like to hear yours.

I think for me there are really two different ones:
First, I've always wanted to be a studio musician. When I was growing up I read about these guys who could come into a recording session and play any style required, site read, get all the right tones, play awesome solos, etc. I was in awe of people like this. I used to read stories about Tommy Tedesco (legendary LA studio musician) and was facinated by that. I even got to meet him one time and talk to him about his experiences, etc. He was a really funny guy and very nice. It seemed like the ultimate gig to be able to pull off what he did. I also admired guys like Steve Lukather, Larry Carlton, etc. who did the the same thing and made a good living out of it too.

Second, would have to be one of the guys that play guitar in Paul McCartney's band. I saw Paul McCartney's latest tour and he was playing so many of his old Beatle tunes. Not just the typical stuff but some of the more obsure tunes too. The guys in his band were nailing the guitar parts and getting all the right tones for each song etc. It would be such a thrill to be playing those tunes with a legend like him. But the most fun about that gig would be talking to him after the show and hearing stories about his Beatle days, etc.

OK. Those are my dream gigs. What are yours?
-- Jim