Thread: Fender Toronado Deluxe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fender Toronado Deluxe

just curious about this dual humbucker guitar...anyone have one or played one?
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

just bumping this...anybody?
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, Warren.......no experience w/ the Toronado......you thinking of buying one?
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

well there's one on craig's list for $400....looks pretty cool but i haven't heard any real positive reviews of them....will probably pass....if it gets posted again i might go play it and offer them less....

http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/915768641.html

Post Thanks / Like

Can't offer any info on this one either WW... sorry.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

yeah it doesn't seem like many people are familiar with them....they weren't in production for very many years....

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend in another local band that plays one. It's one of three he plays. It's either that or a Bonnie Rait (sp) Strat or one of those new Gretsch Electromatics. He digs it. It seems to be of the same quality of the other similarly priced Fenders but I think it has the Gibson scale (24.75").
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

The closest I've seen to it would be the Super-Sonic, but that was a Vista Series guitar and those tend to get good reviews. A bandmate in a band I was in for about 3 minutes had a Super-Sonic and it sounded good, though I didn't get a chance to play it myself.

Short version:
    I'm no help at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always thought that they were really sharp guitars. Unfortunately, the ones I played Mars Music way back in the day were not very impressive.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't played one, but I've seen quite a few used by bands. I know John Frusciante used one at least once.
    http://soundcloud.com/tarasque

Guitars: Encore Strat, No-Name Les Paul copy, Cort Acoustic, Vintage VRS100AW, Schecter Tempest Custom, Cort VX-4V, Dean Inferno V.

Amphs: Ashdown Fallen Angel FA 60 DSP, Harley-Benton GA5.

Pedals: Zoom G2.1U, Digitech Screamin' Blues, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah.

Post Thanks / Like

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Toronado

Overall Rating: Overall Rating 5 out of 5
    Fender Toronado Electric Guitar, Apr 23, 2007
    By coolgram from New Hampshire Read all my reviews (read all my reviews)
    This was bought for a birthday present for our Grandson. I knew nothing about guitars but looked up infomation on the web. This was his second guitar and he needed something better than the first. We took a chance on this one and it was a great choice. He loves it.. It sounds great.. Even the music teacher in high school is impressed. It was a really cool looking guitar packed very carefully and came thru shipping without a problem.
    How often do you shop at Overstock.com?: Monthly
    Are you a Club O Member?: Yes

Was this review helpful to you? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)
    Overall Rating: Overall Rating 3 out of 5
    Factory defect?, Mar 28, 2007
    By FenderBender Read all my reviews (read all my reviews)
    The Fender Toronado Deluxe Series HH Black Electric Guitar I purchased has a defect as the high string side bridge cannot be lowered to set the strings at company recommended height. This makes for inaccurate and uncomfortable playing, specially for a beginner. I want to note that the bridge was already set on the high string side to the lowest height implying that the person who set it up at factory was aware of the fact. The delivery was fast, and the overall value for money is alright. I would purchase again from you.

Was this review helpful to you? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)
    Overall Rating: Overall Rating 5 out of 5
    Incredible guitar..........., Mar 16, 2007
    By momboughtforson from Pittsburgh, PA Read all my reviews (read all my reviews)
    Bought this for my son for Christmas 2006. He is just learning how to play but I decided to buy a decent guitar from the beginning rather than have to upgrade too soon. I had a musician friend check it out once it arrived, he was very jealous that it wasn't for him. He said this is an awesome guitar, excellent sound, very smooth and easy to play. If we decide to sell it, he is first in line and he is very picky about his instruments. My only complaint had nothing to do with the guitar itself but the first one arrived a couple of weeks before Christmas damaged. It was so well wrapped and packaged, I couldn't figure out how it got damaged but there was a chunk missing from the side of the guitar and very noticeable. I freaked thinking my son would be extremely dissappointed for Christmas if I couldn't rectify this in time. I got on line with Overstock immediately and they told me to return it and order a new one. They would have to charge me twice on my credit card but would refund the first one as soon as it arrived back to them. I made them assure me the 2nd one would be inspected before it was shipped, the woman said it would be. It arrived 2 days before Christmas Eve, undamaged. Luckily, everything worked out o.k. and my credit card was promptly refunded for the first shipment. As far as the guitar, it is definately a quality instrument, as is the Fender name.
    How often do you shop at Overstock.com?: Few times a year
    Are you a Club O Member?: No
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful.
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

John Frusciante of Red Hot Chili Peppers, uses an orange one on the bands video "Can't Stop," though he has been quoted as saying he did not play it and hated it, he only used it in the video because the director asked him (Frusciante is known to only play vintage guitars).
    That'll teach me to post things before researching them.:
    http://soundcloud.com/tarasque

Guitars: Encore Strat, No-Name Les Paul copy, Cort Acoustic, Vintage VRS100AW, Schecter Tempest Custom, Cort VX-4V, Dean Inferno V.

Amphs: Ashdown Fallen Angel FA 60 DSP, Harley-Benton GA5.

Pedals: Zoom G2.1U, Digitech Screamin' Blues, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tibernius
    John Frusciante of Red Hot Chili Peppers, uses an orange one on the bands video "Can't Stop," though he has been quoted as saying he did not play it and hated it, he only used it in the video because the director asked him (Frusciante is known to only play vintage guitars).
    It is proven that vintage guitars are much easier on track marks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Teleblaster
    It is proven that vintage guitars are much easier on track marks.
    And you can pawn them for bigger bucks when you need to score.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2004 Fender American Deluxe Toronado

Hi,
    I bought this in 2006 from GuitarTrader.com for $700. Supposedly a blem. Listed for $1299. There's no blem. The Deluxe came with strap locks, a high-end Fender hardshell case and a leather strap. Anyway, it's an American Toro and it's simply a down and dirty no frills axe. I don't use it much. I prefer my Strat or my Tele.

In short, if you're doing music that doesn't call for tasty tone it's a great guitar. The one I have plays well and stays in tune. Neck's fast. Not too heavy. To me the body style is it's strong suit. Ala Jazzmaster. Cool black headstock. There are several choices out there and I don't think any new models are made in the US. Here's the Wiki link: http://www.shortscale.org/wiki/index...ender_Toronado
    There's my 2 cents worth.