Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Played a Dot at lunch

Thread: Played a Dot at lunch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Played a Dot at lunch

Holy crap that was really freakin cool.

Just stopped by my local guitar shop on the way back from dropping a coworker off for a state inspection on his Honda when I decided to see if they had any new guitars in.

I finally got my hands on an Epiphone LP and I gotta say... I kind of liked it better than the real deals. Biggest difference was that it was much lighter, but I have not had my hands on a Gibson LP model 05 and on. Also, I really couldn't tell a difference in the pickups at all and the feel was just as quality to me.

Anyway, the Dot had a Bigsby bridge on it which was actually pretty cool, but I really liked this whole thing in general. I don't think I'll buy one for a little bit, I'd prefer to stick to a solid body for my first git because with the LP's I can just sit back in my chair at home and jam, the Dots are a little too big to do that, but they're definately on my wish list.

Post Thanks / Like

Owning 2 LP's and a Dot, I'm with ya, bro'!! : :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Just wait until you get to turn one up and play.: That semi hollow is magic...but I hear you about the size thing.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually like the size of the Dots, that was one of the first things that had me hooked on the 335 style guitar. There was just something nice about getting my arms around it. It's great for praticing without an amp as you get some good reverberation from it. Definitely keep it in mind for the future :
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As you likely know if you have read some of my threads, I debated which guitar to get second after my strat, and a semi-hollow was it. I think they are pretty cool!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for a hollowbody!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

You know my feeling about the archtop Dot - I always highly recommend them to people. The semi-HB in general is just a great versatile guitar. If size is an issue, check out the Epiphone Wildkat. It's a semi HB that is between the LP and the Dot in size.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    You know my feeling about the archtop Dot - I always highly recommend them to people. The semi-HB in general is just a great versatile guitar. If size is an issue, check out the Epiphone Wildkat. It's a semi HB that is between the LP and the Dot in size.
    hrmmm never seen that before. That's pretty cool.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glacies
    hrmmm never seen that before. That's pretty cool.
    I really like mine, it gets a lot of playing time. You should see if you can locate one in the store and try it out.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I really like mine, it gets a lot of playing time. You should see if you can locate one in the store and try it out.
    oops, missed this post.

What about the ES-175. Looks kind of viscious, but is that about the same size? I'm searching Youtube for it now.

-nm it's the size of an acoustic...

I'm seriously considering now either the dot studio or the LP studio. Any reason why I should take the leap up to the standards? I'm assuming i'm going to be putting on locking tuners in them at some point.

The funds just aren't here for the Schecter I want, especially now becuase of the engagement ring I'm about to buy.
    Last edited by Glacies; November 18th, 2008 at 08:49 AM.