Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Peavey Classic / Delta Blues Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peavey Classic / Delta Blues Thread

Post Thanks / Like

The Classic 30 is in da house!

Attachment 255

Isn't she a beauty...I wish you could hear her...

Attachment 256

I've had the tubes burning since I got home 3 hours ago and just took a small break to post these pics...

Attachment 257

The tubes are stock I'm sure but overall the amp sounds lovely....has definition and gobs of tweed tone...

Attachment 258

Shots of my beloved Strat and Les Paul leaning against her gorgeous frame....

Attachment 259

More comments to come...however my first impressions (or second impressions from home) are excellent and this sweet amp sings and has clarity. A slightly different animal than my Silver Jubilee but a perfect companion!
    Last edited by tone2thebone; September 8th, 2006 at 01:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a super-clean rig you got there, Tone! She's a beauty indeed!

Post Thanks / Like

Beauty, T2TB!! Looks brand-spankin' new! And since I have those same 7 tubes in my DB, I have a pretty good idea how fine she sounds, too!

But clips would be better than my imagination!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you're having fun, Tonester! Now you gotta recording something for us...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I love my DB210! It sounds great!
    Some people say the 210 is better for humbuckers and the 115 is better for single coils.
    Well as far as I'm concerned, being I played my 2 axes, a couple strats, a couple LP's,,,it's all good.
    I will eventually build a 1x15 external for it, to have the best of both worlds.

And about the gaurds, check out my thread from a while ago, when I let DVM know about the factory gaurd and the one on ebay.
    DB and Classic Tube Gaurds (it's about the 4th post down)

I like the idea of "factory" but it will have to be removed to replace the tubes, but at the same time, by the way it's built, it "should be" more durable because of the wrap around design.
    But in the end which ever one is used, will offer a great deal of protection, without a doubt!
    Zõ§õ
    The power that music has to connect people to each other has always been one of the guitarists driving forces. - John Frusciante

Axes'
    R-Axe Guitars "Black Betty" - 1st Ultimate DIY
    Ibanez X-Series-DT350 (Star Shape)
    Ibanez AEG10E - Black
    Yamaha RBX200F Fretless w/DiMarzio DP127 Pup

Amps
    Peavey 110 Audition

Pedals/FX
    CryBaby 535Q
    DigiTech CF7 Chorus Factory
    BOSS BD-2

Post Thanks / Like

More comments here about my new amp. She just sings. The amp is voiced at a sweet midrange and slightly dark which is a good thing. The more you open her up the better she sounds. She loves both the Strat and the Les Paul giving different feel and tone for each instrument.

Attachment 262

Playing it at past half volume is a blast as it's not skull jarring loud, but it sings to no end and it will still cut through a loud drummer very easily. Reminiscent of playing through my buddy from High School's cranked Fender tweed amp. Playing her at moderate to even soft volumes is still awesome. Plenty of tone capabilities there.

I took out the little tube retainer clips cause it seems they rattled against the bottles when loud. The 2 coolest things about the amp are the long spring reverb (nothing like the sound of spring reverb) and the footswitch that came with it. *thumbs up* It would have been cooler to have a switch that turned on the "boost" circuit too but it does not have this function. The boost circuit is a heapin' helpin' of mids that sounds really good on the Lester Paulio...but for the most part I run the amp in normal mode. I plan on getting that cool tube guard soon too. What have you guys done with your Classics?
    Last edited by tone2thebone; September 8th, 2006 at 01:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crossin' my fingers...

Okay, you guys have finally done it. I've gotta get a Classic 30. Imagine my surprise when I searched Craigslist this morning and found a black, old style Classic 30 for only $250. Unfortunately, it was posted a few days ago, so it might already be sold (ya think?! ), but I sent off the e-mail asking about it. Wish me luck!

(And the rest of you guys, back off -- it's mine! )
    Guitars: Squier Standard Tele; Fender MIM fat strat; Traveler Speedster
    Amp: Vox AD30VT; Vox DA5; Fender Frontman 25R
    Other: DigiTech Bad Monkey; Tascam CD-GT1; Korg Pandora
    GAS'n for: Nothing at the moment!

Post Thanks / Like

eBay has several....as always!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    eBay has several....as always!
    True enough, but $250 for a 30 and no shipping cost seems like an awesome deal to me. That's more the cost of a 20.

Post Thanks / Like

The Classic line of Peaveys seem to be very popular. I know that the C20 that Warren has is the most coveted....however I have seen both C20 and C30 over at Bob's website in his personal gallery....(scroll down to the Peavey section)

http://eurotubes.com/euro-p.htm

It was by happenstance that I found my C30 although I had entertained the very idea of possessing one someday based on my talks with our Mr. Nelskie and by me playing through one once. Used prices are usually very good deals and if you find a good one between $250 and $350 I would highly recommend that you just find a way to get it. Skip those everyday fast food meals and save for one...really you're not spending a whole bunch of bones for something COOL and FUN.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, if I could find a C20 for the price Warren paid, that would definitely be a no-brainer. I think I'd prefer the C30, though.

I'm a little bummed. I haven't heard from the seller of the C30. I think it's already sold and he's no longer checking his Craigslist e-mail.

Oh well, I'll continue to watch. Thrill of the hunt and all...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it looks like this thread developed while I was away. Congrats Tone, hope you like your new amph. I bought my Classic, the 50/410 back in 1994, and it has proved itself so dependable and versatile in the years since that I have never found the need for another guitar amp, except for my little Pignose that is (ya gotta have something that plays on batteries!). I've checked out a bunch, but never found anything that I like enough to give up my Classic 50 for.
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rob....I dig this amp....er amph. With it....I get screaming solos....

LMAO couldn't resist sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

WHAT! That is copyrighted material Tone!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

SS - it's classic stuff I really wish I had invented that. heh

Post Thanks / Like

Default fitting these little blighters called valves

coming off as a big valve noob here
    but is there a guide on removing and fitting new ones dont want to make a dogs dinner of it really
    Guitar Patrick Eggle Berlin USA Celebration model
    ltd edition, Fender Deluxe mexican telecaster Nashville

Amp peavey classic 30 thorugh a marshall 2 x 10 cab, Peavey Bandit 100watt tranny amp

effects boss gt8 , jd cry baby wah, ts9 tubescreamer

gear wants : a 56 telecaster butterscotch

Post Thanks / Like

They're easily removeable. Rock the tubes out slowly and gently pull until they come out of the socket. Install them the same way making sure you don't bend the tube prongs.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Well dang it. All this talk about Peavey Classic amphs got me wanting one of those sweet tube guards and now I can't find the dood who makes them! Does anyone know where I can get one???? (panics)
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Well dang it. All this talk about Peavey Classic amphs got me wanting one of those sweet tube guards and now I can't find the dood who makes them! Does anyone know where I can get one???? (panics)
    The guy's name is Dan Bartosik (dan*electro on Ebay). He makes these guards on the side, when he has time. When he gets a few made, he posts them on Ebay, and they sell very quickly. I am sure he'll have another batch of guards up soon (last ones were posted on Ebay around mid to late Oct.) You can contact him via Ebay (upper left part of page, "Contact Member"). Drop him a quick note, tell him what kind of amp you have, and leave him your e-mail address. He'll e-mail you back when he has some made up, and available on the 'bay. That's how it worked out for me. Here's the link:

http://myworld.ebay.com/dan*electro/

If your Peavey Classic / Delta series amp doesn't have one - - it should.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast