Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Job???

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Job???

Some of you know that I dread going to work for the company that I currently work for. It's a 88 to 94 mile round trip depending on the route, negative management style and recent cutbacks and buy-out offers. Bottom-line, it sucked.

A coworker left our company a week ago and I told him to keep me in mind. The next day he calls me and tells me to send him my resume. On Monday I get a call from a recruiter and we discussed a possible opportunity. I agreed to have them send in my information and she did. Just a couple hours later she calls and says the company is very excited about the opportunity to meet with me.

It ends up that the company is involved in landing gear, aerospace pumps, and aerospace valves. My background - 27 years of landing gear, aerospace pumps, and aerospace valves. I met with them yesterday and I felt the interview went well, but you never know. The recruiter was concerned because I had not interviewed in a while and she attempted to coach me. I told her I would have nothing to do with that, I would go in there and tell them exactly what I do and what I can do for them - no embellishment. I took over the interview and guided it in the direction I wanted it to go.

My goal was to get an offer on the first visit, but I knew the company never hires in that manner. Well, I didn't get the offer on the first interview, but I received a call today asking how soon I could come back in. Next week is very busy for me, so I had to schedule it for Friday. I passed that on to the recruiter and she called back to tell me to make it 11:30 and that two directors and the COO want to take me to lunch.

Now, if I can hit a grand slam on Friday, it should be a new job for me or disappointment city. Oh, and it's 10 miles from the house. I was tempted to just sit in their lobby until they made me an offer.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

that's great man....sending some mojo your way!!
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Whooo, lunch with the directors AND COO !? You are very very close if not there Mark. You obviously got to third with interview 1.
    We're pulling for ya !

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

That's great! Hope you get the job. Bet you can buy more guitar gear then!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Major mojo and prayers headed your way, Mark.
    Really, really hoping this works out for you.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys.

I have a plan

If I get it - I buy a guitar to celebrate.

If I don't get it - I buy a guitar to drown my sorrow.

What do you think, good planning?
    Mark

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Good options, strummy. Seems like a win-win situation!

Now what guitar will it be?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

SWEEEEEEEET Strummy! I know you've been wanting this for a long time brother. Major mojo sent from the Shiner household my friend (even if you are fart knocker ).
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Strum,

Wishing you the best of luck with the job interview Sounds like you've nailed it so far

I recently changed jobs as well for various reasons. The main one being a shorter daily commute. In my old job, I had a 110 mile daily round trip. Now I have a 20 mile daily round trip : It's like I got almost 10 hours a week put back in my life by not commuting for 2 hours a day :

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

Strum, don't mean to spoil your party, but a small caution to make sure this new company is well established and will be around for a while. Otherwise, good luck and hope things work out for the best.

Post Thanks / Like

No congrats... still sounds like work to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Strum, good luck with everything. Everyone deserves to enjoy what they do and who they do it for. Hope it all goes well...and either way, you get new gear. Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aeolian
    Strum, don't mean to spoil your party, but a small caution to make sure this new company is well established and will be around for a while. Otherwise, good luck and hope things work out for the best.
    Incorporated in 1967, same owner from day one, employs 320+ people, four div in the area and one in Tuscon.

I think it's safe.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    No congrats... still sounds like work to me!
    I haven't seen you around for awhile and you must have sensed an opportunity.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck I wish you all the best!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt
    Good luck I wish you all the best!
    hey thanks. I just looked below your avatar and see you are in Racine Wis. I use to have to go up there to one of our facilities when I was with AMETEK. They always sent me in January and/or February - I think it was a cruel joke.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal Strummer,Hope you get the job and it's not a bummer.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you Strum! Best of luck.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I haven't seen you around for awhile and you must have sensed an opportunity.
    Wife's been sick.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast